Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 12-03-2014

Default tamiya astute help help

hi all I have a Tamiya astute that I have got ready for racing and having some fun with but the front bulk head has snapped
I am in need of the D parts tree but I no there is a alloy one out there but don't where I could get it from any help welcome
Old 12-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryer-evo View Post
hi all I have a Tamiya astute that I have got ready for racing and having some fun with but the front bulk head has snapped
I am in need of the D parts tree but I no there is a alloy one out there but don't where I could get it from any help welcome
I don't have the front suspension block/bulkhead, but I could model one for you so it can be 3D printed. I already have done many parts for other cars (FWD Buggy, Screw-type wing mounts for the TLR22 and DEX210, Many parts for the Dyna Storm), and for the Astute I already have the rear shock tower mount (D4) and the rear suspension blocks (D1). They are 3D printed in nylon (like the materials of my FWD Buggy) and can stand quite some abuse - in fact I dare to say they're easily more durable than the originals! This is what they look like:

This part has got more material at the base of it's mounting position. It can be adjusted in specification to have (or not have) a groove for a stabilizer bar, and things like a single or double supporting rib in the center are options that can be changed. I made the block in the pictures for another member here (Jamesk): Perhaps he can give you more feedback specifically on how this part is performing, but if my previous experiences and customers' experiences with other parts are anything to go by, it's good stuff

This D1 block is heavily reinforced and uses hex nuts, not the press nuts. It's built asymmetrical (a left and right sided version) to put as much material and strength in the part as possible - after all they're not on a tree, so it's easy to print a spare/replacement for one side.

So maybe I can help out making a reinforced version with 3D printing - I already have a D-parts tree at home for the previous parts I modelled. If you want any more details on that, just PM me Alternatively, this thread (LINK) on Tamiyaclub may help you to find alternative spares or mods for the Astute that will help prevent breakages in general - but I recall it also covers a piece about reinforcing the front end with Madcap parts...

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 12-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
I don't have the front suspension block/bulkhead, but I could model one for you so it can be 3D printed. I already have done many parts for other cars (FWD Buggy, Screw-type wing mounts for the TLR22 and DEX210, Many parts for the Dyna Storm), and for the Astute I already have the rear shock tower mount (D4) and the rear suspension blocks (D1). They are 3D printed in nylon (like the materials of my FWD Buggy) and can stand quite some abuse - in fact I dare to say they're easily more durable than the originals! This is what they look like:

This part has got more material at the base of it's mounting position. It can be adjusted in specification to have (or not have) a groove for a stabilizer bar, and things like a single or double supporting rib in the center are options that can be changed. I made the block in the pictures for another member here (Jamesk): Perhaps he can give you more feedback specifically on how this part is performing, but if my previous experiences and customers' experiences with other parts are anything to go by, it's good stuff

This D1 block is heavily reinforced and uses hex nuts, not the press nuts. It's built asymmetrical (a left and right sided version) to put as much material and strength in the part as possible - after all they're not on a tree, so it's easy to print a spare/replacement for one side.

So maybe I can help out making a reinforced version with 3D printing - I already have a D-parts tree at home for the previous parts I modelled. If you want any more details on that, just PM me Alternatively, this thread (LINK) on Tamiyaclub may help you to find alternative spares or mods for the Astute that will help prevent breakages in general - but I recall it also covers a piece about reinforcing the front end with Madcap parts...
Yes please wot would the cost be for this I have the super astute brace for it but old plastic and me being hevy handed Broke it could you ring me I send a pm
Old 19-03-2014

I've got a bulkhead for mine, happy lend it to be copied by Paul if that helps.

jK
Old 20-03-2014

He already has one but is you have the super astute front balk head brace that would be very helpfull 👌
Old 10-12-2014

I need these parts in my life, here take all my money..........how do I get the "D" parts
Old 10-12-2014
Mad Member

PM Sent

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy