Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006
Mad Member

i will be running with the help of CDS models

x-6, spashett motors, kc racing ib3800's, ko servo, futaba 3vc and spektrum, quantum 2, pulsar charger

xx4 worlds, with same as above apart from ib4200's
Old 02-11-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

You lot shouldnt take the 'mickey' out of ryan and ben making the aero 4 and aero 2 The aero 4 is going to be a carbon fibre double decked car and i think it was a bit harsh of you lot to speak like that about it these to lads are 14 and 16 what do you exspect they are not a multi million pound company like losi or assosiated. The designs are good the idea's are there. They have got themselves a company to machine the carbon fibre and alloy parts. And ther are new bodys shell etc. J concept started out with a small idea look at them now.

All i can say is good luck to the lads and hope the aero2 and 4 are succesful.

For more info visit www.tyrc.com

A

p.s rant over

Last edited by jimmy; 02-11-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

whats it like on the other side of the fence ashley? maybe you will understand why forum admins find some of your comments frustraiting!.... i hope
Old 02-11-2006

sorry i forget its just annoyed me the way some people where taking the mickey out of the aero 4 . And i was a forum admin for a while chris i know what it is like.

A
Old 02-11-2006
Administrator

Ash, where is this mickey taking ? People having a laugh about the name, nothing to do with the work those lads have put in whatsoever. The only other thing I saw was a critique, which is what its all about really, asking questions and getting answers.
Old 02-11-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan

say what you want about the alliminuim versions i made them in the gargage with a jigsaw and file and i no they do look crap. the designs are being send of to platinum racing this week to be made out of carbon fibre it has the same cell layuot as the x5 i am also getting diff houses cnc machined out of alliminuim like the bx so it will not be that much similar to the xxx4.

Ryan
oh and nestle try to rip you of as you only get half amount of the chocolate than you think.....still yummy though!!!
Old 02-11-2006
Administrator

just remember tho ryan - BROWN !!!
Old 02-11-2006

I find this annoying the way woody is just knocking all the work ryan has done what makes it diffrent ??? Well the chassis is diffrent meaning diffrent chassis flex diffrent handeling. And in a previous thread http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360
xx4 nutter (stu i believe) said it was a big improvement over the bumps unlike the original xxx4.

The reason i was annoyed is because the way woody put the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
its just an xxx4. nothing different but the alloy chassic. wot difference has it made and wot could it do better than the original?
Old 02-11-2006

xx4-nutter= gary with the ice age squirell lol
Old 02-11-2006

DUDE, chill, you come on these forums, if the idea is good, we discuss it, if the idea is bad, we tell you, you are barking up the wrong tree. What Woody said is correct, if it is a XXX4 (which wasn't a good off-road car) with a metal/carbon chassis instead of a moulded tub, what difference is there, not like an X-5 or S4....
Old 02-11-2006
Lee-Mag

I dont think anyone was having a go at all i think it was all quite funny actually and any name can be made out to be daft, for instance i have a thing for BJ`s
But seriously i think its great that you are putting in the time and effort let alone the cash to have it done, i hope it works for you.
The only thing i do wonder about is how do you make something better than what exists at the moment by using current parts.
Old 02-11-2006
Administrator

Ashley, woody has been racing since long before you were born, so he does know a thing or two. He asked various questions in that message you quoted- he didn't say "this looks crap" by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 02-11-2006

The cell layout is 4x2 instead of 6 down the side, the other parts of the xxx4 where fine just the layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
DUDE, chill, you come on these forums, if the idea is good, we discuss it, if the idea is bad, we tell you, you are barking up the wrong tree. What Woody said is correct, if it is a XXX4 (which wasn't a good off-road car) with a metal/carbon chassis instead of a moulded tub, what difference is there, not like an X-5 or S4....
Old 02-11-2006
Stu-Perstar

I was interested in what difference it made to the car. The xxx4 was not known for going over bumps and if this concept made it do that then this is a winner. I was not saying anything bad about this car. If its just 2 young lads trying there best then please let someone with a bit of know how on developing carsgive you some feed back.
Old 02-11-2006

i only tested the 4x2 layout car in my garden where i was a lot faster than i was with my bx. gary (xx4-nutter) helped me test the car which i made out of 2mm alliminuim ( this is for the prototypes only as it is cheap...free from my uncles work, lol) he said he was quicker with the car than he was normaly with the xxx4. i spoke to phil truman who also did something very similar which he said was an amazing car and he also gave me a few ideas and how i could improve mine
Old 02-11-2006
LeeOtard

first, ashley shut up!!!!!

you should try reading things and think before you say stuff, ur annoying me now, woody said nothing wrong, and there is not a nicer bloke in the world than woody.....so back off now.

2nd;

the aero 4 is a good design. the reason the xxx4 was pants was because the wait in the car was not set right. the aero 4 chassis should help put weight over the rear and make the rear end work better in bumpy conditions. the xxx4 is still good on flat surfaces thats why they all still use it in the states!
Old 02-11-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Wooo, think anything that has needed to be said has been said. If any one wishes to continue to talk about team drives make another thread.. I'll put this one to bed
Closed Thread