Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 07-06-2013

Default Schumacher Cat 98 Racer slowly getting prepped

Hi Guys,

I popped down a while back and have now dug out my old Schumacher Cat 98 and have new radio gear. Makes a change from my old 27mhz Glitch-o-Matic!

Going to try running the old Cat as 2WD. Looks like I'll have to run without the front belt but with the front diff and drive shafts in so the wheels stay on unless anyone has a better idea...

Looking to purchase a couple of lipo saddle packs, possibly Orion 5500 or HPI 5600 - HPI look cheaper and have slightly higher capacity. Already purchased a new charger last year.

Orion 5500 90C £78 per pack

HPI 5600 95C £60 per pack

Anyone have advice on Li-Po and their experience with different brands? Are Orion charging extra just because it's Orion? Also, can I run Li-Po's using my old speedo, or do modern speedos monitor and manage them better?

I was considering buying a couple of cheap Nihm packs, but I'm thinking the weight saving and constant power delivery throughout the race will be worth the extra money.

I may end up purchasing a new speedo & brushless motor, but am bamboozled by all that, so could do with yet more advice with this too.

Thanks in advance for any advice, looking forward to getting racing again soon and clawing my way to the A final.

Cheers,
Dave.