Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 19-10-2014

Default FTX Vantage setup

Hi all, I recently bought an RTR Vantage for my 6 year old as I recently returned to the sport myself. As a basher its been great for him to learn the basics, but at his first race on Friday I had a little go in practice and it seems really hard to drive (standard setup out the box, limited power as hes a newcomer). He really couldnt get it to stay in a straight line, despite correct adjustment on the transmitter, and the response on the steering is really slow, both turning in and on release of the steering. Perhaps a better servo is the answer?

Basically, does anyone know of any good setup ideas that would make the car a little more driveable indoors? I cant even seem to find out what shock oil the thing runs, but I am going to try 35/30 as with my durango. Any help much appreciated
Old 22-06-2015

Default hey

Do you still have the vantage?
There's quite a few youngsters who have them at our club. there's a few video's on youtube about setting them up... the turning isn't great hit there's a video that helps get the best setting for it.... where do you race?