Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 02-07-2007
Administrator

nah, give a car to chris long - he always beats dan!
Old 02-07-2007
Mad Member

Any car?
Old 02-07-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

The knife went in and then was twisted!

Harsh but fair? Probably

Nortech is ACE!
Old 02-07-2007
Mad Member

No pressure for the Belgium GP then.
Old 02-07-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Leave Dan alone, he is an ok driver, who hung out with the wrong crowd at the wrong time (isnt that right Dan) but he is right.

Besides even tho i am a kyosho nut the shaft car (zx5) is no way close to a good car, sorry but they need to go back and do what they originally did and design great cars.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 02-07-2007
Mad Member

Like Schumacher.
Old 02-07-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Leave Dan alone, he is an ok driver, who hung out with the wrong crowd at the wrong time (isnt that right Dan) but he is right.

Besides even tho i am a kyosho nut the shaft car (zx5) is no way close to a good car, sorry but they need to go back and do what they originally did and design great cars.

I think you are being rather unfair there - It is indeed a good car. Saying it isn't needs qualifying otherwise it's just a silly statement. Let your old lazer rest in pieces.

......I still do not agree with you and I think that belts are going to keep winning the worlds
You ~2004

Old 02-07-2007
Administrator

Has Matt White said he'll be running a schumacher 4wd then? Last time I spoke to him was a few months ago and he seemed genuine about not knowing anything about various rumours (mostly revolving around schumacher re-releasing the car2k).

Matt?
Old 02-07-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

i love you jimmy.

considering the zx5.. there are not any F1 drivers i can think of who are running one this year, is nathan ralls running one, or has he swapped?

The car simply needs backing up. look at oOple and the rb5/501x.. it got backed up and hit a double A main.
Old 02-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
look at oOple and the rb5/501x.. it got backed up and hit a double A main.
Hi fiiiivvvveeee!
Old 02-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
nah, give a car to chris long - he always beats dan!
LOL, Im sure he'll get his own back for that memorable day at Bury not so long ago.

The ZX5 isn't up to much, but in the hands of Barry Weldon is a rocket ship (but im yet to see if he is as fast with it at anywhere other than Southport), in the hands of anyone else seems to be poor.

Chris
Old 02-07-2007

Lazer ZX5 is definately a good and competative car, its not making big A finals because its not being put in the hands of the best drivers.

I'm not saying its the best 4wd about, but its fairly easy to get a half decent set-up going, and its handling is very neutral and forgiving. Spare parts are readily available and reasonable on price.

back to topic.... whether the new schumy is a brand new car, modded cat2000 or TC hybrid its got to be good news for off-road. More makers are coming back to off-road which means they must anticiapte it to be a growing market.
Old 02-07-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Has Matt White said he'll be running a schumacher 4wd then? Last time I spoke to him was a few months ago and he seemed genuine about not knowing anything about various rumours (mostly revolving around schumacher re-releasing the car2k).

Matt?
Hi Jimmy.......
Old 02-07-2007
Mad Member

I think the simple fact is Schumacher shouldn't have pulled out. They could have quite easily kept the 3k up and running even if they were leaning more towards TC and RTR.
Old 02-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cree View Post
British engineering is the worlds finest.
I know this forum is populated by mostly British racers, but not completely. Are you trying to start a potentially ugly debate?
Old 03-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Brad, Rich is correct though. Since mass production has gone to the Far East, what we have in Britain is the best skill in the world and a talent for niche engineering.... is this not why most F1 teams are based here, Rich would know that more than anyone else in here.
Old 03-07-2007
Mad Member

hmm, wonder if they'll do a new 2WD car aswell? All spells good news for my club(West Bridgford Model Car Club) We have good links with schuey(they sponser the sunday series) and from september we're going to be running a buggie class indoors aswell i've been converted

brushless and a 2wd what could go wrong?
Old 03-07-2007

Im comment to the ZX5 not being up to scratch, which it isnt in terms of quality that the lazers were up until the ZX5.

They should have named it something else as all previous lazers were belts and were built like bricks.

Also the previous Lazer won the Euros and nats in the hands of Ellis and Jamie so why go from really good design to a car that basically looks like something a beginner back yard racer would buy.

They didnt put any effort into the standard kit design which is why its not a good car. You cant win with it out of the box, whereas you could with the pevious lazers.

And also it is a shaft design so in my books it doesnt deserve the Lazer name.

If they are updating the 2wd from the 2002/2003 version then why not do a decent 4wd design as well. I hope they are.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 03-07-2007

thats a rather odd thing to say, thats like saying that AE shouldn't of called the TC5 a TC5 because it is a belt and not shaft like the TC3/4.

As for the ZX5, the Pred was fragile, but at least the ZX5 is a reasonable price...
Old 03-07-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I think you need to get your arse out of the past James. Things have changed alot since the older generation of cars were around, companys change, as do their employees.

How do you know they didn't put any effort in to the car? what would you know about making an entire car out of moulded parts? From my estimation of your poor views, not much i'd say. Maybe looking at it now they could of done better, but when it came out the car was good enough.

And you're forgetting how quickly 4wd has evolved over the last few seasons, the offroad market has boomed in popularity and manufacturers are putting everything in to it.

Take a look at the review Jimmy has made of the current lazer, it looks good enough to me, it just needs a decent driver.

If you think the older lazers are better.. get yours back on the track.. otherwise accept the fact things have changed.

Back to schumacher please....