Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 16-06-2014

Default Good price Avante 2011.

Hi all.
Does anyone know where I can buy an Avante 2011 kit at a good price? I can see the cheapest on ebay at around 300. I want the kit so I can build it myself. I don't mind if it needs to be imported.
I bought and built my first car at the weekend. An Egress 2013. Now I've got the itch!

Thanks in advance.
Simon
Old 17-06-2014

Stellamodels in Hong Kong have the Avante 2011 kit for $348 + shipping ($67 for HK post air parcel to the UK), so $415 in total, which is around £250

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/58489...sc-p-5416.html

I have used Stellamodels many times, and their service is first class, delivery usually only takes a few days from ordering. I would advise against going for the EMS shipping option though, it costs more, and may arrive slightly quicker, but there is a much greater chance of the package being processed by Parcel Force when it gets to the UK, and they will charge you a handling fee. Regular airmail delivery often goes through customs with no problems/delays at all, even with large kits (just like my TRF503 buggy kit did a few weeks ago ).
Old 18-06-2014

Hi Toon.
Many thanks for your reply. I have actually bought one now off ebay before I saw your post. It was the same price as in the link you sent me. I just hope they are going to be as good as the Stellamodels. I have not heard of this site before but will keep it in mind for next time. Thanks. I too went for the economy delivery service from Hong Kong as I'm in no rush for it. I've just bought and built an Egress last weekend. Lots of fun!
Thanks again mate.
Simon.