Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 14-06-2013

Default AirHogs Hawkeye Bluesky

Hiya

Has anyone had any experience with the above plane at all ? It's a simple two channel unit (thrust to gain lift) style plain with a built in camera.

I have seen a few reviews online and they seem to say it's a decent enough unit for the price (about £50) but im wondering how well and easy it really is to fly from someone over here in the UK. If you have any experience with one of these i'd really appreciate your feedback. Looking to buy one as a bit of fun, nothing major, but still want to know if it's worth spedning the £50 or spend it on something else.

Cheers

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 14-06-2013

I haven't tried one of those but if you're after some fun flying then I'd reccomend a Hubsan x4 quadcopter. They're great fun and you can fly it in a reasonably small place! I think JE Models have them or there's loads on eBay. About £30. You can get a small clip on camera for them too if that's what you're after!
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 15-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Iv not flown one,but iv flown planes that only go up by putting on the power,the problem comes when landing,if its a little windy,you need power to bring it into land,it makes it very hard,but then looking at the plane,it looks like it will drop like a brick anyway

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 15-06-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I'll agree with the above - I have (at last count) 21 different flying things and anything with less than 3 channels is terrible. If it's the camera you like, get a V959 from banggood.com

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-WL...l?currency=GBP

Old 17-06-2013

That copter looks awesome and you could get some better pictures i guess with it from up high.

Is the camera really as good as that in the footage on the sales page ?

Seems good too you could get it plus 5 more batteries for the same price as the Hawkeye.

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 17-06-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

The top vid is from a guy called "fyre SG". He's from Singapore and reviews alot of stuff from various company's (as well as being a nice guy). IMO his reviews can be trusted.
I have one too. The vid is pretty good in nice bright, sunny conditions, but fairly poor any other times. It is what it is - cheap, cheerful fun.
Delivery from Banggood takes anything from 2 weeks to 2 months...
Old 18-06-2013

Cheers Col, some good advice there. thanks

Old 18-06-2013
Mad Member

Saying all of that I have had 2ch xtwin planes - if you balance them correctly n fly in no wind at all then they can be fun still - landing is easy as you just drop them out of the sky !
Old 03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
Hiya

Has anyone had any experience with the above plane at all ? It's a simple two channel unit (thrust to gain lift) style plain with a built in camera.

I have seen a few reviews online and they seem to say it's a decent enough unit for the price (about £50) but im wondering how well and easy it really is to fly from someone over here in the UK. If you have any experience with one of these i'd really appreciate your feedback. Looking to buy one as a bit of fun, nothing major, but still want to know if it's worth spedning the £50 or spend it on something else.

Cheers
Hawk Eye Blue Sky from Air Hogs is a lightweight, its built-in camera is capable of shooting around 5 minutes of video and hundred of photographs. I found it easy to use and easy to fly, though there was some buffeting with the wind it is great fun to fly and very durable.....