Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 31-12-2016

Default Why are tc5 parts so hard to find?

I posted this in the vintage section a while ago and got no replies so thought I'd try fellow team associated drivers. I'm currently racing a tc5 with reasonable results (I know it's a bit out dated but I like it) and struggle to get bits for it. Does anyone know why they seem to be so rare when tc3 and tc4 parts seem to be in abundance.
Old 31-12-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I don't think it was an especially popular car in the UK. However, parts should still be available one way or another.

From what I can see, CML are still holding stock of quite a few parts, although not all. In theory though, as long as AE still have them in the USA, CML should be able to get them, so your local shop should be able to get them - there just might be a bit of a wait.
Old 01-01-2017

Send a message via Skype™ to westie

Apex models have some bits, I bought a tc5 when they came out years ago just wasn't a popular car, where the tc3 was the "car to have" at the time of which I have 3/4 of them along with my old tc4.
Old 02-01-2017

I've bought bits from apex before as they seem to be the only place that sells a decent selection of parts. Only trouble sometimes is it takes ages to turn up, but I now understand they use suppliers themselves so have little physical stock. With the tc3 being such a dominant force I suppose it stands to reason that the tc5 didn't really take off. Shame because I've found it to be a reasonably competitive car even now, once the tail has been tamed lol.
Old 02-01-2017

Smile

Hi mike, just seen this, I've a tc5 in a box gathering dust, it has had a few bits and bobs pinched over the years but may be of use to you?. Would rather someone get some use from it rather than just sitting there. Pm me if your interested.

Cheers
Old 02-01-2017

Pm'ed you mate.