Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 02-04-2012

Smile New (Old..) Racer

Hi all,

I came down last Friday (you may have seen me) and chatted to a few guys. Was good to see some model racing again after a couple of years out, and good to find a friendly club nearby.

I've just got my hands on a touring car and all the bits to go with it - its only a basic Tamiya thing but it hasn't cost me anything so I won't complain!
Just got to get the batteries cycled and conditioned, and buy and install the radio gear and I could well be turning up this Friday for a race....

GULP!!!
Old 02-04-2012

Hi Steve,

good luck on your return and welcome back to RC racing

I think I spoke to you on Fri night (promoted Mardave class). Regarding batteries, i'd suggest obtaining some lipo's and an integrated balance charger. It will be money well spent as nearly all at Glos are using Lipo's now. I can provide one on loan (with deans connector) to see the difference. Let us know if you require anything to get you going before friday. I am sure many peeps on here have spares to help you get started

Hopefully see you on Friday

Si
Supastox
TLR 22
Mi3.5
Mi5
Mad monkey,
Tamiya Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster

"if i'm not racing... i'm dreaming of racing"
Old 02-04-2012

Yep, anything you need man just ask. What tyres are you running? Those are probably the most important bit to get right.
Old 02-04-2012

Hello

I was there friday (closest to the enterance) not sure i saw/spoken to you im norm in my own little world but if you go get lipos's i stronly recoment these as they are soo cheap for the spec hard cased and from the UK only problem is they currently out of stock but im sure they will be in stock soon

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-5000m...-p-406697.html
Old 02-04-2012

Cheers for the offers all.

As I said, its a cheap Tamiya, TT01 chassis to be precise, running the standard treaded tyres.

I used to run a car like this before I stopped, wasn't particularly quick, but was the best fun I'd had in years.

I used to have a LiPo, for now I'll b using NiMHs while I get back into the swing of it. At least that way I can spread out the cost!
Old 05-04-2012

Radio gear arrived and fitted, and one of four battery packs cycled.

Time for a test run tonight, then negotiate with the missus for a pass-out for racing tomoz.

Happy Days
Old 07-04-2012

Just wanted to say thanks to all for last night's racing. Had great fun and was good to chat to a few people.

Thanks and see you all again