Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 11-06-2013

Default Boughton regional round 7 11th August

It is with regret that I will be having a serious discussion with Colin this week to decide whether or not the final round of the regional series will take place at Boughton.
I have been racing for 20 years now, at various levels, and at national and even European standard for over ten years, and I have to say I have never known anything like the East of England region. I decided not to race in the regionals this year after all that went on over the winter, with intentions of returning to regional racing next year, however, I will not be doing so. I race in the eighth rallycross nationals, and never hear or read anything like what goes on in this section. At the moment I'm not sure if I want Boughton Raceway to get involved with anything to with the regional series, which I think is really disappointing.
The region has come a very long way over the last few years, and all the hard work that has been put in could very easily undone, purely through the bad press it receives on forums and Facebook. If I have read things which has put me off returning to regional racing, the chances are others have too.
The Boughton summer series will continue to run, and hopefully the regional too. I will have to decide. What I find weird is that the club meetings and summer series seem to be great fun and have no issues. As soon as the word "regional" gets added to the meeting name, it brings out different behaviour.
Obviously this doesn't apply to everybody, I find that those who race at our summer series to be most friendly and helpful, if I didn't I wouldn't run it. I still enjoy running meetings, and the social side of things trackside.
I'm sure Colin will keep everyone updated.

Norfolks Number 1 All Weather Astro Venue.
Old 11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodelweek View Post
What I find weird is that the club meetings and summer series seem to be great fun and have no issues.
I genuinely enjoy the Summer Series (especially vintage ), but it too doesn't entirely escape controversy, just like the regionals.
(A driver struck hard on the side of his head whilst walking around the track by a high flying 4wd simply shouldn't happen & isn't really acceptable, my own car being rear ended/damaged by a flat out buggy as I lined up to start the heat... )

Things happen, it's often how they're not sorted out there & then by the powers that be which causes these meetings to appear worse than they are by bitching about it on a forum.

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 12-06-2013

It is sad to hear that. Whilst I can understand why you feel so strongly about potentially cancelling Boughton for the Regional, I feel it would be best to at the very least run this one meeting and then perhaps make a decision for next season?

The whining comes from a small minority of people so I hope the general masses that attend the races are not going to have their season ruined by this.

Personally, Boughton's Regional last year was a highlight for me.
Old 12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1976 View Post
It is sad to hear that. Whilst I can understand why you feel so strongly about potentially cancelling Boughton for the Regional, I feel it would be best to at the very least run this one meeting and then perhaps make a decision for next season?

The whining comes from a small minority of people so I hope the general masses that attend the races are not going to have their season ruined by this.

Personally, Boughton's Regional last year was a highlight for me.
Totally agree

Old 12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1976 View Post

This is very true and is not a true reflection on the the series
Old 12-06-2013
Mad Member

I wouldn't worry too much about what happened at Herts Barry, I get the feeling that was a one off, and now people know it won't be put up with, I can't see it happening again. If it does happen again, then make the decision for next year.

Boughton for me is one of my very favorite places to race, not to go there would be a big shame.
Old 12-06-2013

It is sad that racing has come to this, but Coastal informed Colin we would not be holding a round of the regional next year. This decision was hard to make especially after the support we have always given to the EoE region.
Old 12-06-2013

Default NOOOOO

Don't let the minority ruin it for the majority. I have loved this years season so far, enjoyed the racin (unfortunately in the B finals)
and 7 different venues is awesome.... I think once a few people have been penalized for bad driving or unacceptable behavior the rest will fall into line. We need a ref with some b*lls who wont take any crap from the drivers and who will stand by his decision. I'm not saying any of the refs haven't been, but clearly there's an issue.
Colin has done a fantastic job and has made this year the best eoe region ive done.
Old 13-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
Don't let the minority ruin it for the majority. I have loved this years season so far, enjoyed the racin (unfortunately in the B finals)
and 7 different venues is awesome.... I think once a few people have been penalized for bad driving or unacceptable behavior the rest will fall into line. We need a ref with some b*lls who wont take any crap from the drivers and who will stand by his decision. I'm not saying any of the refs haven't been, but clearly there's an issue.
Colin has done a fantastic job and has made this year the best eoe region ive done.
agreed
Old 13-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
Agree 100%
Old 17-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
It is sad that racing has come to this, but Coastal informed Colin we would not be holding a round of the regional next year. This decision was hard to make especially after the support we have always given to the EoE region.
I hope coastal changes their mind, they have a very friendly club, well run meetings and now the new off road track is looking better and better.
Old 17-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo View Post
I hope coastal changes their mind, they have a very friendly club, well run meetings and now the new off road track is looking better and better.
I was not a lover of this years regional at coastal and my end of season questionare reflects that BUT i have just seen a video on facebook of the track and have to say i'm impressed they have put in alot of hard work and done a great job transforming it into a track that you can actually race on now