Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 02-12-2005

Default Places to get one

where can I get it???

Apparently in Europe only... Any specific places / prices ?? Thanks
Old 03-12-2005
Administrator

I've not actually seen them on sale yet in the UK, the importer is selling only the old kits for now I think.
I will hopefully get one in my hands to review but last time I spoke to them they were not available.
Old 03-12-2005
Spends too long on oOple ...

they are now on Helgers NEW ITEMS list at www.helger.co.uk

Jim, when you reveiw it, there are a few of us who have experience with the old kit, if you need to brain pick, ask away, there is also an article at http://30486.rapidforum.com/topic=100877028664 and all doesn't look to promising as yet, unless Academy can run with the ball and push out some rolling changes to kits.
Old 06-12-2005

The kits are already available through Academy-europe maybe Academy-france too.

But as DCM already stated, the current V2 would fail in a review and I can't recommend the car to anybody... though the V2 could be up to the ZX-5, but ... (DCM knows )

If anybody knows German or has a good online translator and is interested in my review of the V2:
http://www.offroad-cult.org/Tracktes...my%20SB-V2.htm

I offered to do some R&D for Academy-Korea, it's up to them, the car has potential.

BTW, perhaps a little offtopic
Jimmy, I was also _very_ fond of the ZX-5 review, fair, precise and straight. I'd love to see future reviews comming!
Old 06-12-2005
Administrator

Cheers aaron

I saw tony snee selling the V2 at durham this weekend, so its definately about now, slightly muted release if you ask me, I didnt see any being raced this weekend at all.
Plenty of ZX5's were about !

I am not sure what academy do in terms of R&D on the cars, but I have talked to team drivers about it..

'm now doing the x10 review, I hope i can do it justice
Old 06-12-2005
Administrator

Very nice looking review aaron, I'm impressed.
I dont want to read it at the moment because It might influence me, or i might end up repeating what you have said, but I'll certainly read it after ive done my own, providing they dont forget about me!

but again, nice one! like the side by side test against the v1 car. I was considering testing against the zx5.
Old 06-12-2005
Spends too long on oOple ...

Academy, R+D, the yasked u aat weewanted, designed something and then wwent, there we go, lol, for me, the most frustrating bit, they are capable or at least have access to those who are capable but rarely do.

I realy DO hope they get things sorted on the V2, otherwise it could end up being a car made of essential hop-ups.
Old 07-12-2005

Default I agree with DCM

the V2 looks a bit "thrown together"

• Some excellent engineering, e.g. the colinear steering with virtually no bump steer (who said it would only be possible in a coplanar design?)
  • Some weaknesses that look more like they're doing their first r/c car, mostly the rear axle and the suspension travel issues.
  • ... and finally some things, that just happened due to lazyness, e.g. replacing the composite ends (lack of durability if I'm informed correctly) of the main shaft with alloy/steel pins. When the car was actually designed around the composite ends, it takes a little more than that.

Seems they changed their engineering crew three times? lol.

Jimmy, looking forward the the X-10 review!
Old 21-02-2006
Administrator

Anyone actually seen one recently ? Seems like they have been out for ages but are only just starting to be advertised and stuff.
I think this is one thats passed me by (I tried to get one), I await the V3.
Old 21-02-2006
Mad Member

Scott Wyman has beeen running it for a while now and I think Glyn Ward has had a lot of involvement with it.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 21-02-2006
Administrator

Aye, but I know david snee has stopped running his, maybe he's waiting till outdoors before picking it back up.
Certainly dont hear or see much about the cars considering they have been around so long.
Old 22-02-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Ive still got two SB's sitting in my cupboard, they are a brilliant car (even though im running losi now :P)
Old 23-02-2006
Administrator

Aparently there will be a new bigger team for this year, There does seem a lack of info about the cars, nothing on the helgar site and the Academy site is a bit pants really. The only real information and photos available that I have seen is on personal websites.