Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 29-12-2019

Default Any Bmax Guru's here on Oople?

Have a Bmax i had for years. Would like to upgrade it with the light weight alu chassis to use it with shorty lipo. But what more then the chassis, side pods and shorty holder do i need? Do i also need a new front/rear diff case and a center motor mount plate?
Its hard to find the complete conversion kit b4-lws in any store. But looks like i can find part for part, just need to figure out what i need. Anyone have the complete b4-lws kit for sale in here, pm me
Old 30-12-2019
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokoboy View Post
Have a Bmax i had for years. Would like to upgrade it with the light weight alu chassis to use it with shorty lipo. But what more then the chassis, side pods and shorty holder do i need? Do i also need a new front/rear diff case and a center motor mount plate?
Its hard to find the complete conversion kit b4-lws in any store. But looks like i can find part for part, just need to figure out what i need. Anyone have the complete b4-lws kit for sale in here, pm me
So we are talking about the BMAX 4iii, and the mid cycle upgrade from saddle only to shorty battery.

I think you may struggle to find a new B4-LWS kit, so perhaps your best option will be to acquire a BMAX4iii with the chassis and associated bits on. They do come up for sale still.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
So we are talking about the BMAX 4iii, and the mid cycle upgrade from saddle only to shorty battery.

I think you may struggle to find a new B4-LWS kit, so perhaps your best option will be to acquire a BMAX4iii with the chassis and associated bits on. They do come up for sale still.

Yes thats right the bmax III mid with the shorty option.
Cant find the kit, but i can find all the spares seperatly. But do i need the gear box cases front and rear? Cant use the old ones from the original bmax?
If you have the part number for the gear boxes and the center motor mount it would be great. Can i go with the regular alu chassis or do i have to have the alu light weight chassi?
Old 31-12-2019

Hi, you don’t really need the cases as you can use the original versions but will need to dremel them as you’ll be swapping the diffs left to right. If you are a good machinist you’ll not need the chassis either.

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845
Old 31-12-2019
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StwBald View Post
Hi, you don’t really need the cases as you can use the original versions but will need to dremel them as you’ll be swapping the diffs left to right. If you are a good machinist you’ll not need the chassis either.
Yes this is correct. I actually made a carbon shorty chassis before this chassis kit was released, and dremelled the gear cases, back in the day.

The side pods also require an extra hole drilling, so you can also re use them.
Just pick up a decent 2nd hand roller and use those bits.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------