Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

All I was trying to do , was prevent 2 weaker competing winter series' (which were being planned), and promote one winter series in the NE.

If the hall is booked and Benfield club are committed, then why don't we plan an indoor series next year with all clubs involved, but this winter, get everyone behind the Benfield series.

I think we need to stress, this is for the benefit of us NE racers as a whole, its not a "whose got the best club" competition.
Old 04-09-2014

Well said, all in favour of this proposal can a get hell yeah.
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Well said, all in favour of this proposal can a get hell yeah.
"Why don't we plan an indoor series next year with all clubs involved, but this winter, get everyone behind the Benfield series.
Hell Yeah"......

This could have been sorted out if we were approached about a series......this is running on from the people who wanted a joint series between local clubs from last year and were still ignored when asking for 1 this year....!!!

Only problems Ive got is working fridays and saturdays nights and not getting in till early hours of the morning mean I cant get to race at benfield or support there series as I used to be a regular at Tyne Met and Benfield but now due to work commitments I can only run on sunday nights unless I take a cut in pay and not work so I can race, I already do this for the regionals but have plenty of notice and time to put holidays in...........AND, with all the other series that run indoor during the winter and with the extra series from benfield......will this affect our club from running on sundays ???

If we dont get enough people to race at our club on our normal day being a sunday night because everybody is racing at all other race series, will we be able to keep our club going......???

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/

Last edited by Steven Forster; 04-09-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2014

We've loads of money, I'm going to have to start wiping my backside with all the £10 notes we've got lying round.

Our club will be fine series or no series but it would benefit everyone if there was a joint series. But instead certain people are being ignorant, ignoring what the majority want thinking they're going to seal members from other clubs.

I'd love a joint series, unfortunately it's not going to happen because of certain people.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
We've loads of money, I'm going to have to start wiping my backside with all the £10 notes we've got lying round.

Our club will be fine series or no series but it would benefit everyone if there was a joint series. But instead certain people are being ignorant, ignoring what the majority want thinking they're going to seal members from other clubs.

I'd love a joint series, unfortunately it's not going to happen because of certain people.
It's not being ignorant, look at ur snide remarks in this quote an ur ment to be representing the north east an ur club, people are looking at this now an God knows what they're thinking. It's unfortunate u choose to have this attitude, no other club acts the way u guys do on a public forum an ur asking us to be a part this. I don't speak for everyone but until this attitude changes I can't see this happening just yet
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Forster View Post
"Why don't we plan an indoor series next year with all clubs involved, but this winter, get everyone behind the Benfield series.
Hell Yeah"......

This could have been sorted out if we were approached about a series......this is running on from the people who wanted a joint series between local clubs from last year and were still ignored when asking for 1 this year....!!!

Only problems Ive got is working fridays and saturdays nights and not getting in till early hours of the morning mean I cant get to race at benfield or support there series as I used to be a regular at Tyne Met and Benfield but now due to work commitments I can only run on sunday nights unless I take a cut in pay and not work so I can race, I already do this for the regionals but have plenty of notice and time to put holidays in...........AND, with all the other series that run indoor during the winter and with the extra series from benfield......will this affect our club from running on sundays ???

If we dont get enough people to race at our club on our normal day being a sunday night because everybody is racing at all other race series, will we be able to keep our club going......???
Tell me though why u guys aren't a happy a club is putting on a winter series an why u lot are never happy for anyone else, all u guys seem to care about is trying to air dirty laundry on a public forum for the world to see, some of us have even started to to come down an support ur club but yet u still say we don't care an cry on about things, any of u guys come to the open day we put on to the public to get more people interested in racing.

Try an be happy for other clubs an look at the comments ur club guys are making an ask, if I was an outsider an saw these would I want to go that indoor series???????
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
It's not being ignorant, look at ur snide remarks in this quote an ur ment to be representing the north east an ur club, people are looking at this now an God knows what they're thinking. It's unfortunate u choose to have this attitude, no other club acts the way u guys do on a public forum an ur asking us to be a part this. I don't speak for everyone but until this attitude changes I can't see this happening just yet
The reason for the attitude is down to the lack response from our committee members requests to discuss dates and none response. This sums up why we have no series. Teeside are well up for it just needed dates sorting, did anyone response to Dexter from Benefield??? No.

Point made, shame really. Everyone would've benefitted and not just financially. I've shared my views on the matter. I'm just incredibly disappointed that there's an us and them attitude which exists. This series would've got rid of that. The whole situation is pathetic!

Another year and we're at the same point as last year. No series and no attempt to get one sorted just sour grapes AGAIN.

Oh well, Teeside, York and Seaham series anyone??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Alternatively, assuming Seaham holds it's own mini series over the Xmas holidays as per last year, could the club fork out for some trophies? Even if it's only for the kiddies who turn out over the holidays, on what would normally be a school night; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, most improved, top Marshall etc.
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedward View Post
Alternatively, assuming Seaham holds it's own mini series over the Xmas holidays as per last year, could the club fork out for some trophies? Even if it's only for the kiddies who turn out over the holidays, on what would normally be a school night; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, most improved, top Marshall etc.
We will be holding a series, I'm sure Teeside will still be up for it as well. I have loads of trophies unclaimed from last year's regional and I'm sure we have some in the cupboard at Seaham so I don't see why not. All we need is plaques for them.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
The reason for the attitude is down to the lack response from our committee members requests to discuss dates and none response. This sums up why we have no series. Teeside are well up for it just needed dates sorting, did anyone response to Dexter from Benefield??? No.

Point made, shame really. Everyone would've benefitted and not just financially. I've shared my views on the matter. I'm just incredibly disappointed that there's an us and them attitude which exists. This series would've got rid of that. The whole situation is pathetic!

Another year and we're at the same point as last year. No series and no attempt to get one sorted just sour grapes AGAIN.

Oh well, Teeside, York and Seaham series anyone??
But there isn't an us an them, we've even started to come down to seaham an will more then likely be there this Sunday again, I'm a committee member an no one has come to me Gordon is also but I don't think anyone has come to him either? We book the hall a couple of months in advance to secure it, first I be heard really is Chris putting something up a few days back, we don't comment much about anything club related like this until we can actually discuss something first, otherwise it turns into this an it doesn't look good for either club but mainly it doesn't look to good from u David/Dave (using names so it's not u an us) as most of the negative comments very quickly come from seaham and it worrys us as we may soon be looked upon as being negative ourselves.
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
All I was trying to do , was prevent 2 weaker competing winter series' (which were being planned), and promote one winter series in the NE.

If the hall is booked and Benfield club are committed, then why don't we plan an indoor series next year with all clubs involved, but this winter, get everyone behind the Benfield series.

I think we need to stress, this is for the benefit of us NE racers as a whole, its not a "whose got the best club" competition.
I think that this is the most sensible suggestion on this thread. Benfield is committed this year, but I'm sure most members would back a regional series in principle. I for one would. Gives plenty of planning time too.
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COFFIN DODGER View Post
I think that this is the most sensible suggestion on this thread. Benfield is committed this year, but I'm sure most members would back a regional series in principle. I for one would. Gives plenty of planning time too.
And time for me to go through another 2 or 3 cars to make sure I've got the right one lol
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
But there isn't an us an them, we've even started to come down to seaham an will more then likely be there this Sunday again, I'm a committee member an no one has come to me Gordon is also but I don't think anyone has come to him either? We book the hall a couple of months in advance to secure it, first I be heard really is Chris putting something up a few days back, we don't comment much about anything club related like this until we can actually discuss something first, otherwise it turns into this an it doesn't look good for either club but mainly it doesn't look to good from u David/Dave (using names so it's not u an us) as most of the negative comments very quickly come from seaham and it worrys us as we may soon be looked upon as being negative ourselves.
There's no intention of casting negativity over any club and we're definitely not a negative club. Yes Benefield members have came to Seaham and are more than welcome anyone can race to be honest the more the merrier. A Northeast winter series is the perfect way to promote the hobby. Everyone talks about it, wants it but it doesn't happen for whatever reason.

In my view its a missed opportunity.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
There's no intention of casting negativity over any club and we're definitely not a negative club. Yes Benefield members have came to Seaham and are more than welcome anyone can race to be honest the more the merrier. A Northeast winter series is the perfect way to promote the hobby. Everyone talks about it, wants it but it doesn't happen for whatever reason.

In my view its a missed opportunity.
We'll get there in the end, may ban Paul Johnson from them for taking the Mick outta me though lol

Last edited by K-Brewer; 04-09-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Do you see what you've started Chris Pattinson...???

You've had the best interest of north east racers in mind and this is what you get...?

Let's just forget about benfield, let them run their own series and wish them good luck.

Now as for the north east series, let's get it back on track...

Seaham in,

Teeside in,

Bately and York next and we're sorted...

Never run another mans rubarb...!
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
We'll get there in the end, may ban Paul Johnson from them for taking the Mick outta me though lol
He was a bit sheepish after the final.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-09-2014

Could this not work still ? Obviously with everyone on board of course, could one of benfields dates that they already have be murged with a north east indoor series so benfields series and a north east series run on the same day at bentfield? Along with Teesside and Seaham that would give three rounds that would maybe be plenty to see how things work out.

Just an idea ..........
Old 04-09-2014

Andyp where would we be without common sense !

That to me sounds good.
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp View Post
Could this not work still ? Obviously with everyone on board of course, could one of benfields dates that they already have be murged with a north east indoor series so benfields series and a north east series run on the same day at bentfield? Along with Teesside and Seaham that would give three rounds that would maybe be plenty to see how things work out.

Just an idea ..........
Howay man Andy can't you read, they've already paid for the hall. How could they possibly compromise now...???

And their series will be booked up solid so how could they possibly squeeze any extra racers in now...?

Give ya heed a shake man...
Old 04-09-2014

This seems to be getting a little out of hand in my opinion, as someone who supports both clubs every single week it's all about a little give and take, the way things stand benfields winter series has been planned and booked for several months so makes it impossible to change the plans ( would this hassle be happening if oople or the brca planned a winter series .... NO ), so the way I see it is that last year the winter series was a success and enjoyed by all so why would this years be any different, so in the spirit of everyone who enjoys the sport why can we just all support the planned series and enjoy it and be a little better planned for a joint spring, summer, autumn or winter series for next year, at the end of the day we all enjoy racing and enjoy racing together so maybe let's leave this one alone now and speak to each other's committee members with the maturity when all have and sort it out for next year

www.racing-cars.com