Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 24-09-2014
Mad Member

Default FreeCAD and durango DEX410

Right, HELP!

I'm looking at getting a chassis made, and need a CAD image of a Durango DEX410 chassis rear end that I can adjust, and maybe even a CAD image of a DB1 that I can fiddle with too? Does anyone have either of the above they'd be willing to share? Ideally compatible with FreeCAD, but I think a DXF file might work too...

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Robin
Old 24-09-2014

Depending on the process you want to do with the model, be it machined or 3d printed, you will need a file type more like STL. DXF isn't a viable option for manufacturing.

I could build a 3D model or 3D scan for you.

Old 24-09-2014
Mad Member

thanks for the advice, I really don't know what i'm doing with CAD! Basically I'm getting a chassis made to go in between a DEX410 rear and a RB5 front, with the centre gearbox flipped round and moved about a bit. I'd probably, once i get CAD figured, design some bits to be 3D printed too, but that's a way down the line!

Any advice greatly received!

Robin
Old 24-09-2014

Ive not had any experience with freeCAD I am a cad designer 3d scanner by trade so if you get stuck with any lingo give me a message I'll try to help might even have a 3D printer soon so drop me a message when you come to print anything and I will let you know
Old 24-09-2014
Mad Member

Cheers Max,

I've got contacts for the chassis, but the problem arises if they want any imagery from me! Hopefully it won't come to that though...

Thanks for the offer on 3D printed stuff, I'm sure there will be something in the future, so you're a handy man to know

Robin
Old 24-09-2014

I'm obviously purchasing a 3D printer for work purposes but no anything you need give me a shout
Old 24-09-2014

I use NanoCAD to draw what I want to make.(see gearbox on avatar) 3D would be nice but not always necessary and to make a chassis it would be overkill.

NanoCAD is just about identical to AutoCAD and can export in .dxf format. It is free for home use.

For complex shapes I draw and export cutter paths as .dxf files and then import them into Gsimple, also free, to generate G-Code for my CNC mill.

I would have thought that the biggest challenge would be measuring the original parts rather than drawing up your design. Although I've never had the patience to produce a drawing in the manner that Fybrelite want it done!

Last edited by Clive Loynes; 24-09-2014 at 09:31 PM.