Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 02-09-2014
Mad Member

Default Winter Series

Guys .... Something ridiculous is about to occur.
Benfield are planning a winter series. And NEAM / Teesside are planning a winter series. Can't we have one winter series???? There's not enough support to make both series great.

How about a ..... Radical ... NE indoor winter series. One at Seaham, Benfield, Teesside .... York and Batley.

We need big attendance's to justify the hall cost, and ensure a good atmosphere and level of competition.

I know Seaham NEAM and Benfield want to support a series. Do the others?

Last edited by chrispattinson; 02-09-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Guys .... Something ridiculous is about to occur.
Benfield are planning a winter series. And NEAM / Teesside are planning a winter series. Can't we have one winter series???? There's not enough support to make both series great.

How about a ..... Radical ... NE indoor winter series. One at Seaham, Benfield, Teesside .... York and Batley.

We need big attendance's to justify the hall cost, and ensure a good atmosphere and level of competition.

I know Seaham NEAM and Benfield want to support a series. Do the others?
Am sure we used to do this but called it an indoor regional series...???
Old 02-09-2014
Mad Member

I think Dex had already tried to sort it with Benfield but It didn't happen for whatever reason?? Dex needs to comment really or Benfield as to why it didn't happen??
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 02-09-2014
Mad Member

Think this could be a great idea!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 02-09-2014

As long as the dates don't clash why can't 2 separate events work, just means more dates for racing apart from club nights

www.racing-cars.com
Old 02-09-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Am sure we used to do this but called it an indoor regional series...???
We did indeed.
It stopped due to poor attendance I think. Was a great series though
Old 02-09-2014

I would love this to happen I have really enjoyed the summer regionals
Old 02-09-2014

We would support this series; sounds good.
Old 02-09-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
I think Dex had already tried to sort it with Benfield but It didn't happen for whatever reason?? Dex needs to comment really or Benfield as to why it didn't happen??
Was 2 or 3 people asked the same question around running a joint winter series and was basically blanked and never got any kind of reply......doesnt really take much effort to reply to a question regarding a joint series ???

It's not the first time I've been blanked by Paul Carr.......dont even know why TBH !!!

This could be another opportunity to help RC racing grow in the north east by having these kind of joint series, not only for new racers but also to race against other local/regional racers in the area to help improve your driving skills.

Im not gonna lose any sleep over whether benfield want to have there own series.......I am looking at the bigger picture, and looking forward to a joint series with any other clubs, near or further away.

I will check dates with Worksop, Batley and Benfield and will work something out with Teeside to see if its worth going ahead with it, if not it will be racing as normal on sunday at Seaham

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 03-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkfream View Post
As long as the dates don't clash why can't 2 separate events work, just means more dates for racing apart from club nights
From experience, the best series, most competitve and attended will only be had if there is one local series over the winter.

It's a lot of effort to support a series for a racer. I know some of the guys from York etc took part in only one or two of the Benfield rounds last year.

I personally, cannot support more than one local series of all day Sunday racing.
Old 03-09-2014
Mad Member

Please remember, we are one body of racers .... trying to provide the best series of racing over the winter for us racers as a group.

We've got plenty time to organise this.
If representitives from the clubs can indicate if they wish their club to host a round, we might get this off the ground, as a winter indoor regional series.

Batley
Benfield
Seaham
Teesside
York

Can anyone advise date availability.
Probably best to avoid Worksop dates:

Round 1 - Sunday 5th October 2014
Round 2 - Sunday 19th October 2014
Round 3 - Sunday 16th November 2014
Round 4 - Sunday 4th January 2015
Round 5 - Sunday 25th January 2015
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th February 2015 - BWOC 2015!!
Round 6 - Sunday 22nd February 2015
Round 7 - Sunday 8th March 2015
Old 03-09-2014
Mad Member

Bring back the ones at temple park i say

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 03-09-2014

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Please remember, we are one body of racers .... trying to provide the best series of racing over the winter for us racers as a group.

We've got plenty time to organise this.
If representitives from the clubs can indicate if they wish their club to host a round, we might get this off the ground, as a winter indoor regional series.

Batley
Benfield
Seaham
Teesside
York

Can anyone advise date availability.
Probably best to avoid Worksop dates:

Round 1 - Sunday 5th October 2014
Round 2 - Sunday 19th October 2014
Round 3 - Sunday 16th November 2014
Round 4 - Sunday 4th January 2015
Round 5 - Sunday 25th January 2015
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th February 2015 - BWOC 2015!!
Round 6 - Sunday 22nd February 2015
Round 7 - Sunday 8th March 2015

Already agreed we would host 1
Old 03-09-2014

Come on lads ! Let bring back North East indoor regional

I am all for that

Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23224
Old 03-09-2014

Default Regional

Am in .
Old 03-09-2014
Mad Member

Batley
Benfield
Seaham - In, date TBC
Teesside - In, date TBC
York

Can we get some response, or make the other clubs aware?
Old 03-09-2014

I would be up for attending. Having a series like indoor regionals would b great.
Old 03-09-2014

OK guys I have just been made aware of this thread, so I have not been watching this develop,

we all have the same desire to enjoy our hobbie and attract new and old participant’s back in to the local clubs.

Benfields hall / trophy’s and catering are all booked and paid for in advance as it’s the only way we can secure the hall at a rate where it is affordable and cost effective for the club. at the request of the guys traveling who normally attend Worksop, I am awaiting the centre manager to call me to confirm we can change the first date to the 26th October, unfortunately since I booked and confirmed the dates, Worksop have added the date of the 19th October to their original dates,

Benfield put this series on last year at the request of the club members to give the club driver’s and also the new and younger drivers the experience of a local competition and the chance to develop and improve their skills this is lead to Benfield having a core of 15
Regularly attending junior members. And I believe the 2 youngest racing members of the BRCA.

The committee and I spent a lot of personal time and effort co-ordinating it last year,( I am sure you are all aware of the hard work and time effort that is required behind the scenes ) which had participant's from a host of other regions, who attended 90% of the series and praised the club for all the hard work and effort that goes in to putting on the events. The series had an average attendance of 55 drivers per round.
We had some participants who slated the series on an open forum and yet attended and had a good days racing! even asked if we would run it again this year.
We have already received, an average of 30 provisional entry’s for each round,
including 5+ guys who are traveling 200 plus miles and have pre booked B/B’s.

On the back of last years’ series, the club was asked to put on a display day this year, it went really well and gained a lot of public interest, and we have already been approached to put on a further 2 events next year and I am in negotiation's on other things too.

I remember the (winter regionals) from 5-6 years back when I just returned to the hobbie and the numbers dwindled each round and was a financial loss to each club, and a lot of interest was lost as already stated in a previous post replys by COL. And then nothing was ever put together until Benfield last year.

I am sure I Highlighted last year whilst doing the drivers briefing. We received a lot of interest of driver’s from outside the region who were willing to travel to attend particularly from Scotland and the north west. but decided against it due to the unconstructive / negative comments on the local club forums. Looking forward if a regional series was to be put together I would suggest a structured committee of officials from all the clubs who wish to participate come to together in the new year and plan and co-ordinate the (worksop) like series correctly, (poss a summer and winter series) and not just throw a load of comments on an open public forum, Where prospective attendees are viewing.

P,s, if you wish to support Benfield’s winter series 2014-2015 please drop us a line confirming class 2wd -4wd or both plus age and we will book you in.

Regards
Benfield RC Club
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs down

Seaham had already been running its own Xmas series with over 30+ driver attending every round and even had yourself and others from Benfield turning up to race.

Up until last year where, before we could arrange and sort out dates for our own Xmas series again, Benfield got in there first and hosted your series on a Sunday knowing it to be on the same day we run our meetings, although be it on the morning, meaning our members had to make a choice between racing in benfields winter series on the morning or race at Seaham on the afternoon/night which meant our numbers dropped !!!

Last year when you were posting about running a winter series you also ignored the people who posted wanting a joint series.

Seems like you don't want to have any kind of joint event with any other club, a joint series could be even bigger for all racers in the north east but just seems like your only thinking of yourself/Benfield !!!

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 04-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Forster View Post
Seaham had already been running its own Xmas series with over 30+ driver attending every round and even had yourself and others from Benfield turning up to race.

Up until last year where, before we could arrange and sort out dates for our own Xmas series again, Benfield got in there first and hosted your series on a Sunday knowing it to be on the same day we run our meetings, although be it on the morning, meaning our members had to make a choice between racing in benfields winter series on the morning or race at Seaham on the afternoon/night which meant our numbers dropped !!!

Last year when you were posting about running a winter series you also ignored the people who posted wanting a joint series.

Seems like you don't want to have any kind of joint event with any other club, a joint series could be even bigger for all racers in the north east but just seems like your only thinking of yourself/Benfield !!!
it's our winter series, why are u guys from seaham always making a big deal about things as always an trying to bring people down to your level? Should we of waited for u guys to bring out dates first, no, an why should we. Our club has come on leaps an bounds an had a big enough fan club to run a series so we did. All u guys do unfortunately is taint it an it shows in your past comments which we wish to not be any part of hence why we do not comment on posts normally on a public forum