Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 21-10-2012

Default Pred X11 updates

Hi, just woundering how people are geting on with the x11 any updates or new models on the way ??
Old 22-10-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

would love a new pred to come out but think xtreme are busy with the vega so might be awhile yet
Old 23-10-2012

Unhappy x11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
would love a new pred to come out but think xtreme are busy with the vega so might be awhile yet

i wouldnt hold your breath. from what i heard in the grape vine, the pred will be a full time shelf queen before long.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 25-10-2012

talk, talk, talk and nothing............

No website update still and no feedback to customers... I am not suprised and all that has been said in the previous thread, is correct.

All the TX people and its associates, flaming me and others who dare to want a company that supports its customers, have been fed line after line.

enough is enough, its a shelf queen mate, they dont care, why should we?
Old 25-10-2012

We do care Ron thats why we are on this forum , and who's in the grape vine , Team Xtreme please clarify are you still going to produce the Predator , I am only getting back to RC racing and I wanted to race a pred , but the cost of the X11 is out of my range have been waiting patiently for updates on the RS ?? I have an old Pred international I was going to bring back out and get the cobwebs off and run for a couple of races .
Dont let this car die , and tell us officially is there a future for the Predator now ?

I'm not very vocal but just as am getting back to racing it is gone?

Please reply Team Xtreme . I just want to race this car !!

Brian
Old 25-10-2012

Oh i cared too mate, a lot. Sorry if i sounded sarcastic. Please read my thoughts in the other thread, i made it clear how much i cared and want to race this car. I did even point out and underline, i wanted to give them money as do all pred owners, but they are not interested in the car anymore. Simple as that. We tried and failed. Unfortunately but oh well
Old 25-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The Pred is still alive and kicking! Dont worry chaps plenty of kits and spares going out of the door when I was getting some parts the other week from Team Xtreme.

Some of the team drivers tried the stand up rear shock prototype and also some different rear hubs (longer link) but the std car was faster and more consistent I was told.

The RS is near completion from what I saw and will be a nice intro into the Pred

Btw I'm no team driver, just telling you what I saw!
Old 25-10-2012

Smile Well Thats it then!!!!

What I meant to say was , it basically proves what you had been saying all along !!! I'll go for a Durango!!!!!! role on next season!!!
Old 25-10-2012

If thats the case then , I will be racing a pred next season and after 17 years out its to me still the car to beat!!!!!
Old 25-10-2012

Me too, if that was the case
Old 26-10-2012

Send a message via MSN to restimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post

Some of the team drivers tried the stand up rear shock prototype and also some different rear hubs (longer link) but the std car was faster and more consistent I was told.

sounds good, any image?
Old 26-10-2012

look up Kev Lee's car in this or in the other website and you will see photos, he is using losi shocks/springs on the rear...

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/coppermine..._display_media

Maybe BB's (kyosho or ae) could have been advantageous?

This was brought up previously in the other thread also, but as MHeadling said, it didnt work... and the car was apparently better standard.

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 26-10-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: old news
Old 26-10-2012
Mad Member

i cant believe this mod didn't work - the few preds I saw with it done looked a LOT better. The back end wasn't bouncing as much and the car seemed to have lost most, if not all, of the tendancy for the back end to step out when coming out of a corner and putting the power down.

maybe more setup time with shocks, springs, pils etc., was needed....
Old 26-10-2012
Mad Member

The Pred it seems was designed well and any major deviation from the original doesn't seem to work better
The rear end on Kev's , Wills etc cars was Ok but no advantage over the stock rear end amazingly
So TX didn't see the point in making a conversion that offered little difference if any!
The cars geometry was still the same bar some Ali rear hub carriers that had a lower outer camber link position but alas the same inner position was not achievable so did odd things
So standard hub carriers worked better
Hope this helps
The pred just likes to be a pred lol
Old 26-10-2012

Just to throw my 2 peneth in here. TX very kindly sorted me out a team drive for this year even though I have had huge home commitments with a new little family etc. They have been very understanding with my situation and let me carry on at my own pace for which I thank them very much!
I have only been able to race the X11 on maybe 7 or 8 occasions and to be honest I would love to have done more just to get more feel for it. It can be over 5 weeks between drives for me at the moment so I feel that every time I use the X11 its like starting out all over again.
But when I do get out there and I get a feel for the car (usually at the end of the day) I bloomin love it! I only started racing in 2008 but I have owned RC cars since the mid 1990's and to me, the whole point of owning the X11 is to be different to all the other buggies out there. In the right hands (as many top drivers have shown in the last few years, Ellis Stafford and Kev Lee spring to mind) the car is perfectly capable in its kit form of going really well. It all comes down to how much you want to stick with the car, learn it and enjoy it for what it is. Once you start standing shocks up etc, to me, it is no longer a Pred!? its then becoming a clone of all the other buggies out there. Now I'd love to stick with TX for next year but if they decide I am not the man for the job, then that is perfectly understandable, but i'll still be racing the X11 next season......and loving every minute!
Old 27-10-2012

Noone has ever said its a bad car, we all love it... You dont need to justify why you think it is a good car, we all think the same mate
Old 27-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
look up Kev Lee's car in this or in the other website and you will see photos, he is using losi shocks/springs on the rear...

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/coppermine..._display_media

Maybe BB's (kyosho or ae) could have been advantageous?

This was brought up previously in the other thread also, but as MHeadling said, it didnt work... and the car was apparently better standard.
the upright is old, and i think works better on Italy's surfaces....in uk the cars will be developing only in astro surface....
Old 27-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by restimax View Post
the upright is old, and i think works better on Italy's surfaces....in uk the cars will be developing only in astro surface....

yes possibly, should also mention his car is heavily modified, not only the rear inboard shock mount, but also the mount on the rear arm, and the rest of the list of mods done to it.. Im sure its all floating around somewhere.

Ps they are Losi fronts, didnt mention that either

But the regulars already know that
Old 27-10-2012

Maybe it's a good idea to put a report of every little tweak/ modification you did yourself in a certain situation.

Did it work? or Didn't it?
If it worked we all have something to try and TX would get feedback of things to try in the future...

I live in Belgium and in our Belgian/ Dutch championship we drive on astro, dirt, clay and an indoor multisurface track. I've experienced some different behaviour of the car according to the surface but after some tweaking with the setup and the behaviour of my throtle finger I achieved a good driving car in all the situations with a nearly standard '08 pred (short pushrod, changing droop in the back and the front,standup servo, etc. were the mods I used) .

BTW on the pred.co.uk there are a lot of practical tips and tricks but I guess you guys knew that allready

So in my opinion the pred doesn't need the wheel to be reinvented, but a few little updates are allways a welcome guest.
Old 20-11-2012

because in all the 2012 race reports of this site i don't see any pred???