Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 12-10-2012

Default Traxxas TRX3/1 HYBRIDE parts needed to race

Hi Lads ,
I have a TRX1 upgraded to TRX3 spec from when I raced back in 1995/6 ,I have cleaned it up and I just want to try it out for a few weeks but my question is what parts are available for them , I can find most parts are same on some of the current Traxxas products like the nitro rustler bulkhead is a perfect fit for the older car , the rear arms and mounts can be bought also but the part I know and I am having trouble finding is the front arms where can I get spares just in case ????
I have 2 already but I just thought I would need them considering the age of teh car and how old the plastic is ?

Thanks &
Brian
Old 12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynneb View Post
Hi Lads ,
I have a TRX1 upgraded to TRX3 spec from when I raced back in 1995/6 ,I have cleaned it up and I just want to try it out for a few weeks but my question is what parts are available for them , I can find most parts are same on some of the current Traxxas products like the nitro rustler bulkhead is a perfect fit for the older car , the rear arms and mounts can be bought also but the part I know and I am having trouble finding is the front arms where can I get spares just in case ????
I have 2 already but I just thought I would need them considering the age of teh car and how old the plastic is ?

Thanks &
Brian
I think the wide TRX3 arms are the same geometry as TRX1, so that can still be sourced rather easily (ebay). The narrow ones I have no clue...

Good luck!

Paul
Old 12-10-2012

Front arms on the TRX1 are approx 4mm wider than the TRX3
I have used both cars and my breakages where the balljoints so I
fitted losi which cured this problem. The rear arms are identical
On a slightly different tack, I can supply shells and under trays for both the
1 and 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010838.JPG (908.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1010839.JPG (1,007.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1010840.JPG (937.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1010841.JPG (941.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 17-10-2012

Hi ,
Thanks for that but I used to see them on the us site and now everything is gone , would anyone know a source where I can get the black ones even its just to race for a short while as the ones I have seem to have turned brittle , I dont know if they will last a few weeks racing . I just want to make sure the car lasts and I aint confident they will . It is the reason why I have been hesitating racing it .

Does anyone know where I can get front arms or can I use Rustler/proline protrac front arms, I have heard they are the same width? Is this true ?

I eventually want this car kept as a shelfer that is why I want to make sure I have the original arms to put back on the car ?

Thanks
Brian