Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2013

Ivan , i dont know the reason as i am not on any committee either. I believe mick (aka mixer) is and he has said the reason for not using Lucan was because of the weather hence my comment. Nothing to do with hoses or whatever else. I know the hoses where a pain to role out and put away but they where good enough last year and many times in the pass so they cannot be a problem.
Old 21-05-2013

Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe the club was told last year that the red firehose was not up to standard and the white rubber hose had to be used and that is now screwed to the floor in the Naul.:
I have just been to Lucan and it fools great today grass cut etc, but we can't forecast the weather and look at what has already been cancelled this year due to our great weather !
The Naul is ready to race on any day ? So why not do as Mark said a little common sense now and again never hurt anyone.

Last edited by kartstuffer; 21-05-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
Ivan , i dont know the reason as i am not on any committee either. I believe mick (aka mixer) is and he has said the reason for not using Lucan was because of the weather hence my comment. Nothing to do with hoses or whatever else. I know the hoses where a pain to role out and put away but they where good enough last year and many times in the pass so they cannot be a problem.
Hi Colin,
I will just answer as to why Lucan isn't to be used.
1. The track area is still very soft, and up to this week has been unusable. We have been out there each week to check on it.
2. We had intended to use Lucan from time to time, but this hasn't happened due to weather, and as you know the first few weeks of running is never great, until the track is cut a few times and run on. We didn't think it would be befitting of a national to have the first run of the season on it.
3. We have been told that the red fire hose and tyres are not suitable to mark the track with. The red hose, because its too easy for a car to drive over. So we would have to use the heavier white hose that we have in the naul. This would mean either getting new hose, or ripping up the naul hose, moving it out to Lucan for one days racing.

Being honest, I personally think the track in Naul is great at the moment. Its challenging and the vast majority of drivers like it. Its so much better than the previous lay out. (I did not design either!!!)
Also a huge amount of work has gone in to the venue to make it more attractive, cleaner and safer for racers. It really is a shame the 0.4M is stopping the nationals going ahead here.

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 21-05-2013
Mad Member

I think this is a major mistake not to use the track at the Naul. I believe the DMCC are getting in the region of 20-30 racers most weeks. Now, maths isn't my strong point but that's a potential income of €300-€450 for the RCCAOI should these racers join the organisation for round 1 had it been at the Naul ?
As Ray and Mark have already pointed to the lack of numbers at last years championship rounds, surely everything that can be done, should be done to encourage new blood to join up?
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Hi Colin,
I will just answer as to why Lucan isn't to be used.
1. The track area is still very soft, and up to this week has been unusable. We have been out there each week to check on it.
2. We had intended to use Lucan from time to time, but this hasn't happened due to weather, and as you know the first few weeks of running is never great, until the track is cut a few times and run on. We didn't think it would be befitting of a national to have the first run of the season on it.
3. We have been told that the red fire hose and tyres are not suitable to mark the track with. The red hose, because its too easy for a car to drive over. So we would have to use the heavier white hose that we have in the naul. This would mean either getting new hose, or ripping up the naul hose, moving it out to Lucan for one days racing.

Being honest, I personally think the track in Naul is great at the moment. Its challenging and the vast majority of drivers like it. Its so much better than the previous lay out. (I did not design either!!!)
Also a huge amount of work has gone in to the venue to make it more attractive, cleaner and safer for racers. It really is a shame the 0.4M is stopping the nationals going ahead here.
Lee i didn't have a issue with the club not wanting to run at Lucan for whatever reason. The Hoses (i didn't know they couldn't be used, news to me.),Weather, I only suggested you postpone and ask run at a later date as a option. Whatever reason its your choice not to run there.

The Naul , its a grand club venue and more power to you guys for getting it up and running and to a point you are happy. To me its a bit like marmite you either love it or you don't. Same as other tracks are to other people. It is a shame that we have this issue 6 months after the agm and its something that can't be resolved.
Old 21-05-2013
Mad Member

Out of interest, how many drivers have signed up to do the 1/10 RCCAOI series this year?
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Out of interest, how many drivers have signed up to do the 1/10 RCCAOI series this year?
I don't know how up to date this is, Colin might be able to answer better though. I know that im a member since last week (though not entering the series) and not on the list.

http://rccaoi.com/index.php/drivers-list

Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
I don't know how up to date this is, Colin might be able to answer better though. I know that im a member since last week (though not entering the series) and not on the list.

Dave impossible to put a number on as at the AGM there was a vote to changed from pre registration and to allow for registration on the day of the event. In reality we have to see who turns up.

Edit:

There is a drivers list on the rccaoi site where drivers who joined and are paid up. This is only updated as membership names are passed onto me or if the reps for the section update it.
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:

It may not be updated on the day Lee as The rep or whomever you paid maybe updating them as a batch but if you find it is not there is a reasonable amount of time by all means question whoever you paid.
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Dave impossible to put a number on as at the AGM there was a vote to changed from pre registration and to allow for registration on the day of the event. In reality we have to see who turns up.

Edit:

There is a drivers list on the rccaoi site where drivers who joined and are paid up. This is only updated as membership names are passed onto me or if the reps for the section update it.
There was no vote for pre registration to registration that rule doesn't exist
Old 21-05-2013
Mad Member

You'll be hoping for a good few joining on the day looking at the list. I would have considered it myself but Naul has been voted down and Larne to the other side of Cork is too far for me. I hope you get the numbers though as it would be a shame if it was to disappear from the calendar
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer View Post
There was no vote for pre registration to registration that rule doesn't exist
Mick I think you are reading this wrong. I was replying to david question with regards to who was registered to race in the national series. Last year we knew at around this stage who was planning to run the series but this year because we opted at the agm not to have membership paid in advance as it was not wanted we will not know until the day who has registered with the rccaoi to race in 1/10 electric.
Not anything to do with registering for the meeting that can be done on the day.
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post

You'll be hoping for a good few joining on the day looking at the list. I would have considered it myself but Naul has been voted down and Larne to the other side of Cork is too far for me. I hope you get the numbers though as it would be a shame if it was to disappear from the calendar
Larne did not get voted down.
Old 21-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Larne did not get voted down.
Never said it did mate, I said Larne to the other side of Cork is too far for me.
That plus the small matter of the only purpose built 1/10 buggy track in the whole of Ireland being ruled out of hosting a round. Nonsensical decision making in the extreme.
Old 21-05-2013

Hi Colin,

Before you read my post I'm not having a go at you, just raising a point

You said:
The Naul , its a grand club venue and more power to you guys for getting it up and running and to a point you are happy. To me its a bit like marmite you either love it or you don't. Same as other tracks are to other people. It is a shame that we have this issue 6 months after the agm and its something that can't be resolved.

Well actually there is something that can be done from the RCCAOI rule book:

1.14 The RCCAOI Committee has the power to delete, amend or change any existing rule(s) or add any new rule(s) to the Rules, to accommodate any changes on legal or fiscal requirements, or change in recognised or legally required safety procedures. This action can take place at any time within the association’s year without the need for a EGM or AGM. Any action of this nature will be made known to the membership by notification on the RCCAOI website. Any decision taken must be ratified at the following AGM with a 2/3rds majority.

This gives power to the RCCAOI to change ANY existing rule without having to hold an EGM or AGM. But the 1/10th rep + the RCCAOI committee would need to be willing to change the 2.4m width back to 2.0m making the Naul 'legal' within the RCCAOI rules.

So, will common sense prevail?

I get the impression that certain individuals are trying to make out the reason why the round is not running in the Naul is that the DMCC are unwilling to cooperate, I don't agree with this viewpoint.

I'm not on the DMCC committee but my hats off to the lads who have put in sterling effort to secure & develop a fantastic indoor track for all of us to enjoy.

The situation we are in makes absolutely no sense considering the RCCAOI have the ability to make the change if they want (see 1.14 above).

If anybody from the RCCAOI committee is reading this I plead with you to look into enacting ruling 1.14, racers from both North & South cannot see sense in this decision and neither can I.
Old 21-05-2013

Also from the rule book:

3.9 In the event of a local “Club” rule being in contradiction to an RCCAOI rule, Agreement must be reached at a ‘Team Managers’ Meeting before the event takes place and the resulting rule / agreement advised to drivers
at the driver briefing.

Old 22-05-2013

Quote:
Also from the rule book:

3.9 In the event of a local “Club” rule being in contradiction to an RCCAOI rule, Agreement must be reached at a ‘Team Managers’ Meeting before the event takes place and the resulting rule / agreement advised to drivers
at the driver briefing.
So between rule 1.14 and 3.9 the RCCAOI have a solution IF they want to sort this problem. There needs to be a willingness of behalf of the RCCAOI to support clubs and the development of the sport in Ireland, at the moment .4 of a metre is being used to stop racing in the Naul at National level, this makes absolutely no sense when the RCCAOI have the means to sort the situation using rule 1.14 and/or rule 3.9.

Will common sense win the day?
Old 22-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
Hi Colin,

Before you read my post I'm not having a go at you, just raising a point

You said:

Well actually there is something that can be done from the RCCAOI rule book:

1.14 The RCCAOI Committee has the power to delete, amend or change any existing rule(s) or add any new rule(s) to the Rules, to accommodate any changes on legal or fiscal requirements, or change in recognised or legally required safety procedures. This action can take place at any time within the association’s year without the need for a EGM or AGM. Any action of this nature will be made known to the membership by notification on the RCCAOI website. Any decision taken must be ratified at the following AGM with a 2/3rds majority.

This gives power to the RCCAOI to change ANY existing rule without having to hold an EGM or AGM. But the 1/10th rep + the RCCAOI committee would need to be willing to change the 2.4m width back to 2.0m making the Naul 'legal' within the RCCAOI rules.

So, will common sense prevail?

I get the impression that certain individuals are trying to make out the reason why the round is not running in the Naul is that the DMCC are unwilling to cooperate, I don't agree with this viewpoint.

I'm not on the DMCC committee but my hats off to the lads who have put in sterling effort to secure & develop a fantastic indoor track for all of us to enjoy.

The situation we are in makes absolutely no sense considering the RCCAOI have the ability to make the change if they want (see 1.14 above).

If anybody from the RCCAOI committee is reading this I plead with you to look into enacting ruling 1.14, racers from both North & South cannot see sense in this decision and neither can I.

Kevin I am aware of that rule in the handbook 1.14 but with regards to legal I think the idea is to make changes when a legal issues in law changes that may effect something in the handbook. But maybe i am wrong and by all means get someone to contact the committee to ask for them to inact this rule to make a change. Not sure any of the committee are looking at oople.
Old 22-05-2013

Kevin,
First I would like to say that the rccaoi committee that met with us 3 times were very helpful and wanted to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
The two rules that they were looking at mentioned above were not invoked.
The one you quoted, due to it not being a fiscal, legal or safety rule.
The one I quoted due to the issue being known in advance of the meeting, and there being a complaint about our track by at least one driver.

I think whether the event is to go ahead or not, that members should contact their rep and let him know of their unhappiness about the issue. It may or may not change things, but I do feel it should go on record that some people were not happy about the situation. Im not saying that it should be done to argue with the rep, as im sure he has his fill of this too, but just to make it known how u feel.

When we all meet at the AGM this year, nothing will be on record to show drivers were not happy about the situation if no one makes contact.

And also I would say to people who believe the event should NOT take place at the DMCC Naul venue should also make sure they put it on record.

Lee

Old 22-05-2013

So, the only valid complaint can be "the naul does not comply to rule 12.3.3", which in nonsence. The rule was brought in so you can see far corners of the track. This definitely doesn't effect the naul because the track area is small. As far as I can see the complaint purely on a technicality, not from a driver or racing reason.
Who made the complaint? And maybe they could tell us why?Communication doesn't seem to be a strong point here as I mentioned in the thread about the euros!

Who do we mail about it Lee? Is it Derek as he's the 1:10th rep?
Closed Thread