Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
I have a spare 10.5 lrp you can borrow , just need to check it make sure it is ok.
Ive also got a spare 10.5 tekin. So ye wont be stuck

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 05-11-2013

What model of car do you intend running as I also have a mod dex210 ready to go , just needs tyres as ones on it are worn.
Old 05-11-2013

Cheers lads , I've got a cougar sv there was a bit of a balls up with the stuff I ordered so i'm left with a clubman spec esc and a mod spec motor .
Old 05-11-2013

I can give you a lend of an esc & 8.5 motor set , when you coming as i wont be there friday but can give it to someone if you want.
Old 05-11-2013

has the track changed from the last time I was there about three weeks ago?
Old 05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
has the track changed from the last time I was there about three weeks ago?
Yep, we now have a flaming jump of doom, a crocodile pit, and pole dancers to put drivers off.

Ok.... it hasn't changed at all.

Old 05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Ive also got a spare 10.5 tekin. So ye wont be stuck
thanks lads think i'll go with the 10.5 , i'll be up first thing sat morning so will meet up with one of ye then .
Old 06-11-2013

Aw was looking forward to the pole dancers tbh
Old 07-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Hi all,
Just to let you all know that the club website has been updated with a timetable for WRI 2013.

http://dublinmodelracing.com/wriday.htm

Friday 8th November: Open practice, Doors open 10am. Doors closed 9pm
Drivers can book in any time during the day

Saturday 9th and 10th November
Doors open 8am.
Booking in 8:15 to 9:30
Track open for practice 8.30 to 9:30
Drivers briefing 9:30
Qualifying starts 10:00 sharp!! (3 rounds)
Lunch 13:00
Finals start 14:00 (3 Legs)
We will be giving prizes after the finals and doors will be closed at 18:00

Breakfast and lunch has been orgaised for the 2 race days. We will take your orders and it will be brought to the track.
There is plenty of tables, so you wont need to bring one, But please bring a chair.
There are plenty of power points, but please bring an extension lead or a 4 gang lead to help spread it around.

Finally, a number of racers have not paid their entry fee, you know who you are!
Before you put a car on the track please pay this. The organisers would like to enjoy their days racing rather than chase you for your race fee!!!

We really hope you have a great weekends racing, and hope you can come out for a pint in swords on Saturdat night.
If there is anything you need please let us know.

Best Regards
DMCC
Hi All,
Just back from the track and sorting out the last few things. The place is looking good, and it should be a great weekends racing.

Everyone who has entered has a table allocated to them. So when you arrive you will see your name on your table.

All the tables have power going to them, so you should just need a 4 gang socket and you will be sorted.
Again, please bring a chair, as we do have some but not enough.

Food will also be delivered to the track on Saturday and Sunday. I believe breakfast rolls from the café at the Seamus Ennis Centre (they are the best ever), and orders will be taken for lunch from the chipper. We will be taking an hours lunch break to give you plenty of time.

There will be a couple of burco boilers on the go and tea and coffee will be provided.

Again, please make sure to book in at the earliest opportunity so the racing gets to start on time and the day goes smoothly.

If you need to know anything at all you can contact me or any of the committee.

Best Regards
DMCC

P.S, the pole dancing is back on, just for Mark Penny. Kevin White and Graham Parkes will be providing the entertainment, Kev even has his brand new Schumacher bikini ironed for the day.

Old 08-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercat View Post
Hi all , I will be running 1/18 on saturday and had been hoping to run 2wd modified as well but due to a bit of a mix up that is'nt going to happen but I could still run in clubman if somebody has a spare 10.5t motor they would be willing to lend me for the day , in return I have an lrp shark they can have for the day if anyone fancys a go at 1/18 , cheers , Tony.
no problem tony ,i have a couple of 10.5 if you need one on the day.
Old 08-11-2013

Looking forward to a grood weekends racing - roll on Saturday!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2013

Might I be the first to absolutely congratulate the DMCC for running a fantastic event. (bad grammar, but what the heck )

It's not good to start mentioning names, as you could leave somebody out , and I know it was very much a DMCC committee team effort but fair play to Lee for playing a major part in pulling the WRI2013 together

Great start to both days with breakfast organised & delivered to your table + lunch in the same manner (thanks Vicky )

Racing went like clockwork on Sat., on Sunday, after a few minor track changes in the morning the rest of the day ran smoothly.

It was great to see some faces from the past turning up, hopefully it won't be long before we meet again :-)

Before anybody asks , it will take 2-3 weeks before I have the WRI2013 promo video finished, if you have any suggestions for a soundtrack post them here but do it soon as I need to start the edit with a music track

Once again congrats on running such a relaxed & enjoyable event
Old 10-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

Yep,

Thanks to everyone for making it a great week-end of racing.

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
Might I be the first to absolutely congratulate the DMCC for running a fantastic event. (bad grammar, but what the heck )

It's not good to start mentioning names, as you could leave somebody out , and I know it was very much a DMCC committee team effort but fair play to Lee for playing a major part in pulling the WRI2013 together

Great start to both days with breakfast organised & delivered to your table + lunch in the same manner (thanks Vicky )

Racing went like clockwork on Sat., on Sunday, after a few minor track changes in the morning the rest of the day ran smoothly.

It was great to see some faces from the past turning up, hopefully it won't be long before we meet again :-)

Before anybody asks , it will take 2-3 weeks before I have the WRI2013 promo video finished, if you have any suggestions for a soundtrack post them here but do it soon as I need to start the edit with a music track

Once again congrats on running such a relaxed & enjoyable event
nice one kev , you could not have said it better,it was a great weekends racing run flawlessly, well done to the members who made it a success.
on the soundtrack side of things
if i think of any i will pm you.looking forward to the vid.
Old 11-11-2013

I know I really enjoyed the whole weekend, except the bit when I woke up sunday morning with a hangover... that wasn't fun.

Though the highlight of the weekend for me was Kevin White and Adam Keegan who finally made the move from Clubman to Modified.
They spent a good 15 minutes modifying their cars, and you could really see how the 2 guys made them much faster, with improved wing design and numerous other aerodynamic improvements. Well done guys, theres a future for you in Model car design, im sure one of the big companies will snap you up.

Old 11-11-2013

Yes a BIG thank you to the committee for a great weekends racing ( well maybe not for me, my excuse is i`m waiting for the TM4 ) but i know a few people who went home with smiles on their faces, Alan & Lucy for 1st & 2nd in 4 wheel drive clubman in their Durangos and Lee for 3rd in mod in his new Tamiya and Ray with his raffle prize ( a tee-shirt signed by all drivers at the recent world champs in Chico donated by MSD models ).
Old 11-11-2013

The photos I took are up on the club website, direct link to them here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1042248...3?noredirect=1#

And well done to all the winners ( I think I got it right). The full results should be up on the website soon:

2WD Clubman
1st Dylan McBurney
2nd Adam Keegan
3rd Kevin White

2WD Modified
1st Mark Penny
2nd Denzell McBurney
3rd Aaron Vance

4WD Clubman
1st Alan Thompson
2nd Lucy Thompson
3rd Eoin Keating

4WD Modified
1st Mark Penny
2nd Aaron Vance
3rd Lee McGuire

Old 11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
Yes a BIG thank you to the committee for a great weekends racing ( well maybe not for me, my excuse is i`m waiting for the TM4 ) but i know a few people who went home with smiles on their faces, Alan & Lucy for 1st & 2nd in 4 wheel drive clubman in their Durangos and Lee for 3rd in mod in his new Tamiya and Ray with his raffle prize ( a tee-shirt signed by all drivers at the recent world champs in Chico donated by MSD models ).
WORLD CHAMPS SIGNED T- SHIRT FOR SALE $25,000 ono!
Old 11-11-2013

i'll give you 10,000 cash or paypal
Old 11-11-2013

Big thanks to everyone who organized the event a huge thank you to everyone who helped with my car. It was a great weekend of racing, really enjoyed it!

Thanks a mil
Gareth