Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 05-05-2014

Default One Year On......

Hi

It's been a year since I got back into the hobby, having last raced back when the RC10 'classic' was actually new and Schumacher had the idea of making a car called a Cat.

I have had a great time, met some fantastic people and can now almost do a lap without crashing.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the last year. Hopefully the silly questions will be less in year two.

I wondered how everyone else had progressed over the last 12 months, and what have you learnt that helped you improve on (or off) the track?

Lawrence
Old 05-05-2014

It's just over a year since I have been back racing too. I love how much batteries and motors have moved on. I get frustrated at my lack of pace some weeks, but love the chat we all have. Glad your enjoying your racing Lawrence, can't wait till I am racing to keep up with you and your New foams
Seeing the lads with there dad's is good, can't wait till my lad wants to start.
I think I have progressed well over last year, took a long time to get the car to my liking

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 06-05-2014

Hi Lawrence

Good post and good question.

Last 12 months, or probably last 4 months, for me mainly had been getting my first non second-hand car, ever.

When I raced years ago I liked to be a bit different and was the only person running traxxas trx3 at the club. There is not a great deal of positives being in a minority at a club, mainly because no one else has spares or set-up tips.

But I am still happy with my current car a Durango dex-410r. Think I may be the only 4wd Durango at ribble now. It only cost me £129 brand new, so always liked the look of them and gave it a shot.

Summary of positives and negatives. Negatives - It's really small and narrow so nothing fits in. Positives - it's really small and narrow so looks ace.

Other big steps are with my son. Think he has been coming for nearly 2 years now and loves it just as much as when we started, so its great for us to have something we can do together.

He's running my old b44 and we are starting him slow with everything turned down, but he's doing pretty good.

Cheers
Andy
Old 07-05-2014

Hi Andy

Ah, that new car smell.

I swapped cars a lot at the start searching for one I liked. Finally found one, so I am trying to stick with it until I run out of spares.

The Durango 410 is a nice car. I have been tempted myself. Liking the craziness of 2wd at the moment though (plus there's one less gearbox for me to worry about)

Brilliant that your son is enjoying it so much. I enjoy watching the family teams working together. And dad's mumbling to themselves as they mend things.

Matt - I had totally forgotten about the batteries and motors. The good old days charging and discharging Nicads and mucking about with those bloomin' brushed motors.