Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-05-2015

Default Ko propo transmitter with Spektrum module users

Got a ko Helios and Esprit 3 transmitters that both use the same spektrum module. I've been using the module and Helios for years without problem all except for a gradual increase in glitching that was cured with a new aerial. Recently i've used the same module in an ko Esprit 3 and noticed glitching on throttle and even a momentary steering reverse once but not every run.

Its similar problems with a few models so must be something to do with either the transmitter or module but was wondering if it could have anything to do with the response setting in the transmitter? On the helios there is a switch behind the module for nomal of fast response but on the esprit 3 there are about 4 speed setting in the options menu ranging from normal to ultra. Wondering if anyone has had experiance with these response setting being too fast for the module to cope with and if so what setting to have it on?
Old 22-05-2015
No trade access

That's been a while since I've sold mine (EIII with Spektrum module).

I got issues with pins inside the transmitter) not connecting properly to the module, a bit of fiddling to align them properly solve my problems.
Old 22-05-2015

Yes i've had the pin problem before with the helios so worth a try. But do you remember any issues with having the response setting set to ultra?
Old 22-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

gone from a helios to urus and had the same as you, spoke to horizon who said it could be the urus which has a higher speed could be set too high, also suggested extending the ariel length of the micro receiver by 2x or 3x
Old 23-05-2015
No trade access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd7 View Post
Yes i've had the pin problem before with the helios so worth a try. But do you remember any issues with having the response setting set to ultra?
From what I remember I didn't use Ultra as it was supposed to be used only with last gen green module receiver.
I also got glitches with that system coming from an hungry steering servo (either Savox or Orion) and got to use a power cap on the receiver that solve that issue if it can help.
Old 26-05-2015

Cheers everyone, all useful information. I'll give the pins a quick wet with some solder and turn the response to standard and work my way up. These little intermittent glitch issues can go on and on sometimes.