Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 26-05-2015

Default LRP Flow Programming Issue

Hi all,

I recently acquired a 2nd hand LRP flow and x20 7.5 motor.

Having finally sorted out my transmitter issues I thought it would be a good idea to set my transmitter back to default setting along with the ESC.

I have a Sanwa Exzes and although I cant find the original manual online I did find the Exzes 'plus' manual which was good enough to get the setting back to default or close enough.

I have the LRP flow set-up instructions and set the basic settings, neutral, throttle and break. I tested the car and was fine, ran, stopped, braked as expected.

I then thought due to being 2nd hand I should alter the 7 mode settings back to the factory suggested defaults as a starting point.

This is where things get a bit weird. I set everything to default or as close to default as I was able to, I then tried testing it again and the throttle would lock on and stay on at a low/medium speed and be unresponsive to the transmitter. I had to switch the esc off to stop, turn it back on and it will sit at neutral until you apply the throttle and it will do the same again.

I have managed to get it to stop doing this by messing around with the mode settings but it seems unusual, going though the set up process on the esc seems different to the instruction manual. I've been told it has the latest firmware installed so though maybe the set up modes have been altered but I downloaded the latest manual and they are the same:

I will try and break it down and test as I go along to try pinpoint the issue during set up:

Mode 1 (Automatic break)- red flashing light (settings 0 - 10) Default = 0
This seems OK all settings 0-10 are available.

Mode 2 (Feel/Initial Drive) - Orange flashing light (settings 0-5) Default = 3
This one is unusual as there appears to be 9 available setting (1-9) and not 5.

Mode ??? (Unknown) - fast Orange flashing light (settings 0-9) Default = ?
This setting mode doesn't appear in the manual, no idea what it does but there are settings 0-9 available.

Mode 3 (Torque Timing) blue flashing light (settings 0-5) Default = 0 (Disabled)
Manual states this is only for use with X20 motors. I do have a x20 installed but I can only select settings 1-5 i.e I cant disable this settings and therefore cant enter 'blinky' mode.

Mode 4 (Boost Timing) red and blue flashing light (Settings 0-10) Default = 0 (Disabled)
I only have settings 0-5 available though changing these settings doesn't cause the throttle issue.

Mode 5 (Boost Angle & Activation) blue and yellow flashing lights (Settings 1-10) Default = 3
Settings available are actually 0-10 , setting to 0 actually puts the esc into 'blinky' mode.

Mode 6 (Turbo Timing) red,blue,yellow flashing lights (Settings 0-3) Default 0 (Disabled)
Settings available are actually 1-10 therefore cant be disabled.

Mode 7 (Cut-off Voltage) red and yellow flashing lights (Settings 0-3) Default = 3 (2S Lipo)
I only have settings 0-1 available. Setting 0 is disabled and setting 1 is for a 1S Lipo. I think this is the most alarming as I really dont want to risk damaging my 2S Lipos.

Having been through all the settings when detailing the above and haven't been able to re-create the throttle issue which leads me to believe it is a combination of settings causing the issue.

It does feel like the actual set up manual instructions just dont seem to match what I can actually input into the esc.

I am hoping its just a case that there is an updated manual out there somewhere which details changes to the firmware maybe. The fact I seem to have 8 mode settings available instead of 7 and nothing really matches up has left me really scratching my head

Can anyone shed any light on this mystery, hopefully something extremely obvious I'm not aware of
Old 26-05-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Check the firmware files (with pdf instructions) on the LRP site - I've had a very quick glance and that looks like the Offroad firmware.
Old 26-05-2015

Yeh, been informed its v3.8 offroad firmware, a quick google search and it comes up with a PDF with the correct settings.

Thought this would be the case, just couldn't seem to get what I was after when I searched the LRP site.