Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 25-09-2012

Default Mardave next series

are we changing to brushless rules next series and are we going to allow shumacher super stox
Old 25-09-2012
Banned

I hope so! mines all built up!
Old 25-09-2012

Hi all Mardave drivers, I have been discussing this with Kevin Appleby and he thinks we should put the options of which rules we race under to all the Mardave drivers.

The rules which Kevin and I have been looking at are based on the BRCA - GT12 Construction and racing rules. see link :- http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=sect...les-2012/13572

This I think would meen that we had 2 classes one running Stock G2 motors and another class running approoved 13.5 Brushless.

Another difference is that it would open up the make of car to both Mardaves and Shumacher.

What do you think ?????
Old 25-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I hope so! mines all built up!

what thats a first

sounds okay Eric better put in a 13.5 motor in my car then
Old 25-09-2012
Banned

Yep 13.5 sounds good!.........

Mardave or Superstock! Should not make a huge difference really!
Old 09-10-2012

I for one think the idea of allowing brushless is a great idea. I'm soon returning to Ribble after around 6 years away to try my hand at GT12 again. Im guessing the brushless will allow the use of 1s lipo aswell?
My only thought is that is it necessary to split the 13.5/1s and g2/Nimh drivers into seperate classes. The speeds generated by both setup's are almost identical so no one has an advantage.
Brushless will ultimately make the racing fairer and cheaper in the long run as from what I remember my silver cans were great for around 8-10 meetings them dropped off.
I've read a lot into the gt12 class recently and the only problem really is that many speed controllers or servo's do not operate correctly without a voltage booster (around £30) an can still be tempermental. The likes I the LRP SXX and it's Nosram equivalent work perfectly with 1s but most do not.
Luckily however, due to the growth in the GT12 class nationwide specific 1s speed controls are starting to be made by manufacturers. The most popular nationally are the Hobbywing 1s which retails at about £100 and the Fusion Exceed at around 70. For me though te best speedo for people would be the new Core RC Pace 45, it retails at £49.99 and is a specific 1s speedo so no boosters etc will be needed.
Be aware however that as I mentioned earlier so newer digital servos do not work so well on 1s Lipo (Savox being the main culprit) so voltage boosters may still be needed in some cases.

That said, once the problems are ironed out this will make the class very competitive, fair and inexpensive in the long run. I for one cannot wait to race my 'Dave.

Hope this helps a few people,

Chris
Old 10-10-2012

Default mardave classes

We will not be splitting the mardaves by class. We will continue to split by ability which will sort the faster drivers from the slower. We may have to identify the two classes with coloured tops so that racers k ow a much faster car is trying to overtake. We have already tried the two classes together and had onlyminor problems.