Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 02-12-2014
Mad Member

Default D413 weather protection

what are peoples thoughts on weather protecting their electrics in the D413? Certainly, the innards are exposed to the elements...

discuss!
Old 02-12-2014

Default protecting your D413

Hi.

I had my last run in the Norwegian series in September, it wa raining and the dirt track got really wet. I got really concerned about the electrics and how to protect it. I found myself some lexan from used wings. Started cutting small pieces which i bend 90 degrees. I used tape and put them on the carbon chassis covering the openings where the front wheels would throw water. I also made a edge on the side where i could make it fit.

I also used this " soft clay" don`t remember the name. And wrapped around the electrics. My esc is at the reat behind the motor so i feel its kinda better protected down there. But still had this clay around it.

Plenty of other brands broke down, but the D413 that where most open of them all survived.

I also got a tip that i could open the electrics and put vaselin inside. And also have vaseline on the connectors/plugs
Old 03-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You can use cleaning putty or wheel balancing putty as well as bluetac on connectors etc.

I have also done the lexan sides and also used old inserts/foam to wrap around stuff. Doesn't interfere with servo movement either

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 05-12-2014

Default Weather protection

Any know if an under tray is available?
Old 05-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

When I've run mine in the wet I made some splash guards out of scrap lexan to go at the front of the chassis and block the vents on the shell, then taped round the side of the shell (the kit shell fits the profile of the chassis really well). I also got an old foam insert and cut it to fit under the front propshaft between the steering bellcranks to catch any stray splashes.