Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 21-05-2014

Default esc's with both motor rotation? CW/CCW

Hi,
What esc's have the function where you can run a motor clock wise or counter clock wise?

Thanks
Old 21-05-2014

You can swap two of the motor wires around or on some controlers you can reverse the motor.
Old 21-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

Hi,

A couple of the Novak speedos have this function.

The Havok Pro SC is one of them.

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 21-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex97 View Post
You can swap two of the motor wires around or on some controlers you can reverse the motor.
This won't work with a sensor based system.

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 21-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

Both the Vampire SR1 and SR1+ have this feature and both are available at some very special prices at the moment too....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 21-05-2014

novak gtb, kinetic also have a reverse option
Old 22-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tekin RSX/RS Pro both do, SkyRC Toro 120A, Orca, Hobywing and Speedpassion reventons also do. Yokomo and HPI also.

I'll be honest my Toro didn't feel the same when i ran it in reverse the other week trying out a shorty lipo conversion chassis. It seemed to get a bit hotter also, although i didn't get the temp gun out.

I wondered if motor can timing head any bearing on performance when run in reverse?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I wondered if motor can timing head any bearing on performance when run in reverse?
Yup, as you are effectively removing timing (your +15 degrees becomes -15 degrees........ so you have to account for this elsewhere, either by being more aggressive with the throttle, or adding electronic timing.)
Old 22-05-2014

Hi,
Thanks for all the info..great help.......I didn't realise SP reventons have that function,as I couldn't see it on the info?....as this was one of the esc's I was interested in..is it only the pro version?
Old 22-05-2014

The Viper speedos with the latest A64 firmware also have a reverse rotation function, you can get them from LMR.
Old 23-05-2014

GM will also so this
Old 24-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Yup, as you are effectively removing timing (your +15 degrees becomes -15 degrees........ so you have to account for this elsewhere, either by being more aggressive with the throttle, or adding electronic timing.)
Sure on blinky mode, then can timing is obviously helping, but I thought that in advanced timing modes, boost/turbo, etc, the can timing was disregarded. I'll try to find where I read this. It was possibly in an ESC manual.
It does make sense though that timing advance on my motor running reverse felt different. It was set to whatever the ready mach 2 is factory set to.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-05-2014
Mad Member

Don't think most ESCs would be able to ignore mechanical timing. Not completely anyway.

And fwiw, I've been cooking a motor/ESC for the last couple of visits to the track, it's been getting far hotter than it used to in my 4wd (now in a 2wd but rotating in reverse) I've had to add a fair bit of boost and so on.

Checked last night and it's got 10 degrees of mechanical timing I've been fighting against!