Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 19-05-2012

Default Steering not equal

I'm not sure if this should be in the schumacher part or if it's a general problem.
Just getting back into racing and I have a problem setting the steering on my cougar. I can put the servo horn on the servo and then need either right or left trim depending which spline it's on, to get it to go straight, no problem there. The problem i have is I can either get full left or right lock, but not both. I didn't think it was too much of a problem, until I tried the car on a slippy track and had to turn the dual rate down on the transmitter, and it's very noticable then, having to slow down alot more turning one way.

It's probably something obvious i'm doing but I have either forgot how to fix it, or never had the problem before.

Any ideas ?
Old 19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyguesty View Post
I'm not sure if this should be in the schumacher part or if it's a general problem.
Just getting back into racing and I have a problem setting the steering on my cougar. I can put the servo horn on the servo and then need either right or left trim depending which spline it's on, to get it to go straight, no problem there. The problem i have is I can either get full left or right lock, but not both. I didn't think it was too much of a problem, until I tried the car on a slippy track and had to turn the dual rate down on the transmitter, and it's very noticable then, having to slow down alot more turning one way.

It's probably something obvious i'm doing but I have either forgot how to fix it, or never had the problem before.

Any ideas ?

Depending on the radio, you need to either use the sub-trim to set the centre position or us EPA (End Point Adjustment) to give equal throw left and right.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 19-05-2012

EPA might be the answer, will have a look tomorrow. It's a hitec pro, and I thought it was all set back to default, but maybe not.
Old 20-05-2012

If your End point adjustment doesn't do it cos they are already on max it's worth checking you steering tierods are the exact same length, a small difference in the lengths can also cause the problem you are having.

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3