Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 10-01-2008
Mad Member

Default East of England Regionals 2008

Dates and Venues for the East of England 2008 Regional Championships.
As per my Dads post on another well known RC Forum.

At last I am pleased to be able to give the dates and venues for 2008.

April 6th - 4WD Round 1 - Eastrax
April 27th - 2WD Round 1 - Kings Lynn MCC
May 18th - 2WD Round 2 - Norfolk Buggy Club
June 8th - 4WD Round 2 - Coastal MCC
July 6th - 2WD Round 3 - MERCC
August 3rd - 4WD Round 3 - Norfolk Buggy Club
August 17th - 4WD Round 4 - Colchester MCC
September 21st - 2WD Round 4 - Eastrax

Further information will follow.

Trevor
East of England Regional Rep.

Happy Racing to one and all in the East of England

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 21-01-2008
Mad Member

I know it's a bit early but driver registration and booking in is available for all regionals in the East of England.

Follow the link http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 16-03-2008
Mad Member

Hi all,

A reminder that the East of England 2008 Regional Championships start next month at Eastrax on 6th April for Round 1 of the 4wd Championship.

For more information please visit

www.rcracechat.com/eoe

if you would like to race please register ( http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=405 ) and book in ( http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=406 ) as this does save time on the sunday morning.

This year there will be trophies up for grabs at each event for the top drivers in F3, F4 and F5 gradings, and end of year trophies for the overall Winner, top F2, top F3, top F4 and top F5 in each class.

Please also remember that if you don't have a 4wd you can still race at a 4wd meeting by weighing your car up to the 4wd limit, which with todays cells (excluding Lipo) doens't take much.

There is also no tyre restriction or motor limits, although LIPO's are not allowed.

Happy Racing

Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

Who's going to Eastrax 4wd Regional this coming sunday 6 April?

Would also be good practice for anyone wishing to o the juniors/veterans and BRC finals at the end of the year!!

Old 31-03-2008

A fair few of the Mid East Holbeach crew will be there I would expect.
Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

I think we maybe going to the first one. Will there be a non regional heat ?
Garry
Old 31-03-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

what time we gotta be booked in as its over 100 miles from us
Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

Practice is open from 9am till 10am, with the first heat going off at 10:30am then running on the hour all being well.

There is more than likely to be an open class for 2wd's or people outside of the East of England Region who want to race. Depending on numbers the open class might be mixed 2wd and 4wd.

If you want to race please can you book in on race chat the links are at the top of the first page. Or PM me your details and i'll put you on the list, if you change your mind please let me know.

Name:
BRCA Number:
Class: Open 2wd or 4wd / 4wd Regional
PT Number:
X'tals:

Old 01-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieF View Post
A fair few of the Mid East Holbeach crew will be there I would expect.

Don't suppose on Wednesday evening at Holbeach if you see any that are likely to turn up you can get the normal details off them or ask them nicely about booking in on racechat or pm them to me or email dad so that we can update the booking in list?
Should save a bit of time Sunday morning then.

Old 01-04-2008
Mad Member

Current entries for Eastrax

1) Jayson Broad
2) Simon Watson
3) Carl Dufton
4) Jonathan Brown
5) Paul Hayward
6) John Myall
7) Lee Flynn
8) Ben Hubbard
9) Stuart Savill
10) Garry Driffill (open)
11) David Poulter (open)
12) David Orbell
13) Phil Jeffries
14) Sam Bradshaw
15) Sam Grey (open)
16) Jay Macay (open)
17) Jay's dad Paul (open)
18) Jack Neil (open)
19) Graham Smith (open)
20) Liam McConnell (open)
21) Charlie Fraser (open)
22) Daniel Austin (open)
23) Richard Sharp (open)
24) Justin Hayes
25) Neill Arnold

Old 01-04-2008

im really sorry to say this guys but i wont be attending any of the east of england regionals this year. but hopefully the region will keep gathering strength as we saw from last year with the appointment of trevor brown as regional rep. all the best chaps
grant williams
Old 01-04-2008

Yes Jonathan, I will mention it to as many as possible at Holbeach tomorrow. I will book in via the system but I can vouch for the others. As far as I am aware there should be Sam Grey, Jay Macay, possibly Jay's dad Paul, Jack Neil, Graham Smith and Liam McConnell. Maybe a few more as Mid East has a renional at Eastrax the following week. I would guess none of the above will be scoring regional points.
Old 01-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
im really sorry to say this guys but i wont be attending any of the east of england regionals this year. but hopefully the region will keep gathering strength as we saw from last year with the appointment of trevor brown as regional rep. all the best chaps
grant williams

All the best then, suppose you will be racing in the South East or mid south region. Can't blame ya really as some of the regionals in East of England are quite a distance. See you at Kiddy.

Thanks Charlie for the update.

Old 02-04-2008

I was really tempted to enter the regionals this year but not having raced for over 8 years i didnt want to throw myself in at the deep end! They are a really long way from me too, and one of them is on my birthday so i definately wont be attending that one! Good luck to everyone for sunday anyway
Old 02-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huw333 View Post
I was really tempted to enter the regionals this year but not having raced for over 8 years i didnt want to throw myself in at the deep end! They are a really long way from me too, and one of them is on my birthday so i definately wont be attending that one! Good luck to everyone for sunday anyway
You wouldn't be throwing yourself in at the deep end, by all accounts the regionals are not as well subscribed as what they were 10 plus years back and the abilities vary from beginner to national F1. We all race because we enjoy the challenge that the different tracks in the area offer the racer's amongst us. So if you fancy a race all you have to do is book in and turn up, would be good to see some new / returning faces in the region.

Out of interest where are you from, as you might find that one of the bordering regions suites you better, not that I want to turn you away from racing in the East of England.

Old 03-04-2008
Mad Member

entries updated

Old 03-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
You wouldn't be throwing yourself in at the deep end, by all accounts the regionals are not as well subscribed as what they were 10 plus years back and the abilities vary from beginner to national F1. We all race because we enjoy the challenge that the different tracks in the area offer the racer's amongst us. So if you fancy a race all you have to do is book in and turn up, would be good to see some new / returning faces in the region.

Out of interest where are you from, as you might find that one of the bordering regions suites you better, not that I want to turn you away from racing in the East of England.
Well i used to race for MERCC, i used to be on the commitee (i designed their logo!) and i live in Chelmsford. Its not just getting there though, i havent raced at all recently. I was hoping to do some club racing before the regionals started but my car is still in bits at the moment (and i'm still waiting for parts) and i havent tested any of my new equipment. Thanks for the advice though, i'll definately try and make it to some later in the year.
Old 03-04-2008
Mad Member

Huw, I know the feeling about not testing anything. I have two new cars for this year, one of which is almost there, the other is still in a mixed state of build. Also got new betteries to build up before the weekend, so sunday is sounding more like a testing day rather than an out and out regional race.

See you later on in the year

Old 03-04-2008

Come down to Lawford Buggy Club Huw!

You'll get a easy and friendly reintroduction to the sport, plus you'll get to know people who'll be doing the regionals!
Old 03-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juddy View Post
Come down to Lawford Buggy Club Huw!

You'll get a easy and friendly reintroduction to the sport, plus you'll get to know people who'll be doing the regionals!
Lol thanks but its not a club that i'm in need of, its a car that actually runs (and enough time to sort it out lol)

Are lawford running any regionals this year? What surface is the track?