Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 29-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes j. View Post
I had the same problem racing on worn grass with lack of rear end grip. I went from a long to a short wheel base and seemed to get bags more grip. A fellow SV driver also done this and couldn't believe the difference it made.
I also tried this recently with the same result. A fellow SV driver at the same meeting did the same but unfortunately didn't finish the race meeting because his outdrives were so worn that he snapped a driveshaft...!

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 30-05-2011

Default setup for narrow losse bumpy clay track witch carpet jumps

please, help with setup.
I race on a loose clay track, very bumpy quite narrow with the average number of jumps. Jumps and rollovers are covered with carpeting.
I'm currently using the standard setup for the clay from the last page of the manual.
The car runs great even at high speed on the straight and wide curves is clearly faster than the B4 and TRF201. jumps, beats with no problems and very forgiving mistakes.

problem arises when I need to start or at low speeds especially on a loose track.
Then the car starts to complain that the rear slides, turns in a fairly uncontrolled way. even slight acceleration causes the slippage.
change tires or change the settings for the clutch and nothing helped.
Old 30-05-2011

Did a race this weekend on a bumpy clay track. The Swedish cup in Årsunda.

Had the +8 mm chassi
Rewersed front wishbones
Rear wishbones moved forvard 2,5 mm
Narrow rear end by removing the purple washer at the weels
Oval holes in top.deck for more flex
Front Shocks, 4 piston, 27,5 wt ass oil and 3,0 spring.
Rear Shocks, 5 piston, 25 wt ass oil and 1,6 spring.
1,5 mm antisquat washers

1680 grams total weight.

Stick pack lipo.

The car was great, i qualified 17 and won the first B-final. In the A-finals the top 2 had the Cougar SV. A great result and a big win for the Cougar SV. Dont know the exakt setup on the Cougars that was on the podium but i think it was similar.
Old 30-05-2011

Doing a grass race soon (my first with this buggy) and can't find any setups? Could anybody help me out with one please?

Also what advantages/disadvantages do you get from running the shocks at the back? I ask this purely because i'd rather the easy access to the slipper.

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 03-06-2011

Hello, I am an Italian driver and sponsor SPEEDPASSION SCHUMACHER we tested the cougar sv slippery in the land .. with the frame that is shorter than the basic I put a 30 losi front plates for 4 horns and central location on the inside in the wings ... 27.5 losi rear plates from 5 central location on the horns on the arms internal ee ... rear shocks facing the front ... the front arm shot ... ... topdeck average 6.5T engine speedpassion v3 ... regulator speedpassion gt 2.0 per 5300 speedpassion .... batteries .... schumaher now passed me by 8 mm along the frame now I'll try and tell you how it will land on the slippery ...... if you want to visit the track on our forum: www.mcrae.forumfree.it
Old 10-06-2011

Tom's worlds warm up set up now on line - www.racing-cars.com
Old 10-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

I'm missing some specific informations such as which chassis and top deck he used, leads and such or did he ran box stock car?
Old 18-06-2011

I used the original box and the frame average topdek
Old 24-06-2011

Default Bodyshells

Has anyone tried the Puma bodyshell yet??? If so was it any good??? and diff in feel on track???

Thanks
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Default Saddle pack

Ive noticed at Talywain and Kiddy that some of the team were running the saddle pack chassis with shocks on the back even in dry aswell as the wet. Was just wondering whats the thought behind this and can some of the team post there setups in this configuration as wouldnt mind trying it.

cheers
Old 24-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

standard or 8mm chassis?

Certainly got to think about the SV a bit again, but focusing on the SX3 for now.
Old 25-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat View Post
please, help with setup.
I race on a loose clay track, very bumpy quite narrow with the average number of jumps. Jumps and rollovers are covered with carpeting.
I'm currently using the standard setup for the clay from the last page of the manual.
The car runs great even at high speed on the straight and wide curves is clearly faster than the B4 and TRF201. jumps, beats with no problems and very forgiving mistakes.

problem arises when I need to start or at low speeds especially on a loose track.
Then the car starts to complain that the rear slides, turns in a fairly uncontrolled way. even slight acceleration causes the slippage.
change tires or change the settings for the clutch and nothing helped.
Conrero is right and I want suggest high differential position
Old 05-07-2011

I've been running an SV as my 1st 2wd buggy this season and am heading in the right direction with setup (we race on worn grass in the evening so can be a little damp as well). I seem to find my steering is a little slow, as in takes time to react - any ideas on how to speed it up (I run a savox 1258 servo and the servo speed is turned up on the transmitter)

Cheers
Jim

WWW.WCRCCC.CO.UK

One Life, Live it!

Old 06-07-2011

could be your transmitter, some 2.4ghz radios seem to create a slow reaction unlike FM radios, the high end 2.4ghz are very good tho.
Maybe try another type of tranny to test it.

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 14-07-2011

Does anyone know whether 'Mossy' uses Schumacher shock oil or another brand?

I am using one of his setups as a reference at the moment but noticed Tom uses Losi oil for the majority of his.

Cheers

Adz
Old 15-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywestwood View Post
Has anyone tried the Puma bodyshell yet??? If so was it any good??? and diff in feel on track???

Thanks
I've been running my cougar with the puma, and swapped it back in one round to a stock shell and the puma felt much more stable at mid/full speed.. the front end didnt feel as twitchy either.. I prefer the look of the stock shell but ive been using the puma as it does drive much nicer.
Old 21-07-2011

Ude the dirt spec chassis at a test track that I use from time to time and can say that the chassis has its's plusses and minuses. the track is hard pack with loose top. the car has way more forward bitebut pushes in corners and is not as nimble. the car is easier to drive fast if you like the car to push a bit. will test at a local track this weekend. first impression is good.
Old 27-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
If you flip the front wishbones, so that you screw the shock screw into the front rather than the back, i found that it removes so of the mid corner bite you may get from the front end.

Take a look at some of the photos on the cougar thread, im sure most of the team guys have set theres up that way.

As for a clay setup, I will have one after the Euros warmup in May.

Si
How do I stop my couger rear end being to loose in corners ie spinning out am running on carpet indoor with yellow mini pins front and rear plz help if I change the front tyres to less grip I can't make the tight corners n end up with understeer anybody help
Old 31-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
How do I stop my couger rear end being to loose in corners ie spinning out am running on carpet indoor with yellow mini pins front and rear plz help if I change the front tyres to less grip I can't make the tight corners n end up with understeer anybody help
I will say, mini pins in front will give much steering - often to much, they are very sensitive when thay are new, you can try to cut two row in/outside on front tires and 1 outer on rear tires.. try the stagger rib or the new cut staggered on a wide rim and with medium inserts.
Check out my set up on racing-cars.com or Jesper Rasmussens from the Proline Cup.

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 31-08-2011

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for the tips on the mini pins il give it a go iv tried using the stagger ribs but am finding the front end drifts to much on the tight bends with no real bite allthough they work wellon the sweeping bends, it's bin mentioned to me about reversing the front wishbones would this help also iv bin told to drop the ride hieght to the floor all tips and remedies very much appreciated thanks again