Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 01-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Thanks very much for the tips on the mini pins il give it a go iv tried using the stagger ribs but am finding the front end drifts to much on the tight bends with no real bite allthough they work wellon the sweeping bends, it's bin mentioned to me about reversing the front wishbones would this help also iv bin told to drop the ride hieght to the floor all tips and remedies very much appreciated thanks again
Try adding about 30 grams at the front too. Trishbits under servo weight works well to add front end with staggers.
Old 01-09-2011

Default Help

Thanks for the tip I'll hav t get ma hands on sum will I need the rear weights to or just the front thanks again
Old 01-09-2011
Mad Member

I usually always run the rear weight, I only run the front weight if I need more steering. Depends on track and conditions.
Old 03-09-2011

Default Steering issue

Didn't manage t get hold of any wieghts b4 my race meet last nite but r local top driver spotted my problem n offered me sum advice it worked a treat culdnt belive the differnce still gunna source sum of those wieght kits tho cheers buddy wot tracks do u race on
Old 03-09-2011

what was his advise bud?
Old 03-09-2011

Default Advice

Hey mate it sounds simple but woz effective he advised me t raise the ride hieght to 20 mm use 55 shock oil I woz using 40s n told me to use mini spikes on the front with the outside n inside treads cut off just leaving the middle 3 sounds simple but it realy helped me I woz using mini pins n they wer jus to grippy the changes made a massive differnce hope this helps u as much as me mate
Old 04-09-2011

yes jon thanks,i will try the thicker oil too,its nice to have options that you know have worked for others
Old 04-09-2011

Default Re

No probs daz glad t help anything I learn il gladly share wit u wer do u race at
Old 08-09-2011

Default Schumacher Cougar SV PRO CF

just bought the above model comes ready built with a set of mini pins fitted, totally new to this class and looking for some guidance, will be running indoors on carpet i guess initially.
Any thing i should be looking for on set up ,changes hop ups etc. Assuming every thing is built as per kit and standard set up.
Will be running it with 10.5 boosted Esc any advice on gearing would help.
Txs in advance
Old 08-09-2011

Default Re

Most things u nd ul find on here I run a 17t pinion with the standard gears it just enuff top end but am runnin a 5.5 motor although urs will b quik enuff jus depends how tight and twisty the track is the lower the pinion the quiker ur acceleration will b out of bends keep the ride hieght bwt 20 mm allround with good shok oil 50 or 55 this stop the car sloshing abwt in the bends if uv got a manual with the car it tells u in the set up guide abwt which holes do wot for ur shocks, camber etc but I would say to turn ur front wishbones around it helps with the cornering hope this helps
Old 09-09-2011
Mad Member

[QUOTE=Jon D;551335]Most things u nd ul find on here I run a 17t pinion with the standard gears it just enuff top end but am runnin a 5.5 motor although urs will b quik enuff jus depends how tight and twisty the track is the lower the pinion the quiker ur acceleration will b out of bends keep the ride hieght bwt 20 mm allround with good shok oil 50 or 55 this stop the car sloshing abwt in the bends if uv got a manual with the car it tells u in the set up guide abwt which holes do wot for ur shocks, camber etc but I would say to turn ur front wishbones around it helps with the cornering hope this helps[/

Wow that was hard work.
Old 09-09-2011

Default Re

It is but it's worth all the messing when u get it rite n car drives well all u hav to do then is improve ur lap times
Old 09-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 11-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

I know this has been covered before, but I just thought I'd mention that the handling of my Cougar was TRANSFORMED by cutting out the top of the rubber diaphram in the rear shocks.

It handles the bumps so much better and even seems to generate more grip :-)

My feedback
Old 12-12-2011

Hey I know it ain't a setup question but, I am building my 2011 spec kit at the moment and I am wondering which steering servo arm from the kit I should use for my spectrum servo the kit items have some thing like F,S.H or S/A just want to check before I finish that part of the build tomorrow...

Cheers Doug king
Offroad Racer - Cougar SV
On road Racer - Mi4LP
Street Basher - HPI E10
Old 12-12-2011

Hi, i use a core rc 25T aluminium servo arm for my savox bet they do one for a spektrum too. Those plastic ones strip too easy.
Old 12-12-2011

Hey chaps,

A general question regarding jump performance. I raced at ArenaX yesterday and noticed that my SV consistently rolls to the left in the air over jumps, landing with it's left side low. What should I be looking at to ensure it flies straight and true.

thanks

Julian
Old 12-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianb View Post
Hey chaps,

A general question regarding jump performance. I raced at ArenaX yesterday and noticed that my SV consistently rolls to the left in the air over jumps, landing with it's left side low. What should I be looking at to ensure it flies straight and true.

thanks

Julian
First thing to check is the weight balance left to right. Either by measuring with 2 sets of very accurate scales or probably more simply by "balancing" the car on 2 very fine screw drivers or similar, one at the front (where the bottom undertray bolt is) and one at the back. It's vital that these are dead central though or it wont work. Just try and get it so the car is balanced evenly

My feedback
Old 12-12-2011

Arrow

Failing that it could be a diff issue.
Old 21-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianb View Post
Hey chaps,

thanks

Julian
I would check your shock lengths also-if a front or rear shock isn't the same length as the other side this will make the car jump erratically. Use a vernier or steel ruler. Also make sure the ride height collars on the shocks are adjusted evenly.