Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 25-07-2017

Default Which charger to buy

All,

I'm after some advice. I'm a bit out of touch with the latest chargers and technology etc. I have an two old Bantam BC6 chargers which have done me well. But I'd like one charger that can charge up two batteries at once, at more than 5A (current BC6 limit). I have quite a selection of LIPO batteries that will need charging, some 1 cell, 2 cell and 4 cell batteries. Open to suggestions as to what to go for as there seems a lot of choice. They are quite pricy, so peoples own experiences with their own chargers would be appreciated, as I really don't want to buy the wrong one.
Old 25-07-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

sky rc is a good charger, imo if you want he best look at the icha
rger, pricey but brilliant bit of kit
Old 25-07-2017

I use the dynamite sport quad 4 port charger £150 4x 100w up to 10amp per channel, bit bulky but not put a foot wrong, if a port breaks still got 3 working, have seen people buy twin port ones, one channel breaks back to single charging again.
Schumacher Cat K2
Schumacher KF2
Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact
Tamiya TB04
Vintage Tamiya TL01 Baja Champ
Vintage Tamiya Striker
Old 25-07-2017
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I have been using a Team Corrally Dual charger, has two channels and loads of ports for 12v and USB.

Has worked really well so far this season.
Old 25-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navek668 View Post
I use the dynamite sport quad 4 port charger £150 4x 100w up to 10amp per channel, bit bulky but not put a foot wrong, if a port breaks still got 3 working, have seen people buy twin port ones, one channel breaks back to single charging again.
I've got the next one down, 4 channels but a max of 6 amps / channel.

I've had it for 9 months and the novelty of being able to get 4 packs of cells charged at the same time still hasn't worn off.

But then, I did grow up having to use a plugin trickle charger, and wait until I got home from school to run the car
Old 25-07-2017
Mad Member

I switched from a SkyRC RS16 to a Corally Eclips 2100 at the start of the year.

The RS16 was always reliable, did a good job of charging LIPO's and Nimh transmitter packs, but I was never overly convinced by the strength of the joy stick control, having said that I owned it for over two years and never had a problem.

The Corally Eclips is the lowest powered dual charger Corally make which has proved to be the ideal field companion for charging my race packs during the day. The balance charge does seem to take a little longer than the Skyrc unit, but I also seem to have a bit better power from the LiPo so a worthy trade off.

I never thought I'd make that much use of the dual charging aspect, but it has proved handy at club when a new comer has needed a top up, without having to stop my own charging. Or when at home I can charge my race packs at the same time as topping up my transmitter pack before race day. It's also 12/240v in the one unit so no separate power supplies needed.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 25-07-2017

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

I've been using the ISDT-SC-608 chargers for a year now and they've been superb, firmware is updated on a regular basis by isdt so if you get the small adaptor you can keep up to date. The reason I got them was mainly for the size, they're tiny. The only down side is it doesn't come with any cables, it's not a big problem really as you normally need to adapt what you get with a charger anyway.

They have 4 versions available http://www.isdt.co/category/product

This is type I use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iSDT-SC-60...3D122513569763
Old 26-07-2017

I have just switched from a sky rc rs16 with power supply to a corally 2240 duo. I done this as every now and again i would use my back up charger to and it looked a mess on the table. Also if i can get one of my lads racing it will come in handy to. I'll keep the rs16 and power supply as a back as it's a great charger.
https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php...ategory_id=528
Old 26-07-2017

I have a sky rc d100 dual charger which works well and is quite compact , it runs off ac or dc with no extra power supplys required. Or there is the d200 if you want a bit more oomph which also has a built in soldering iron

Schumacher Atom
Arrma kraton
Old 26-07-2017

Use sky d100 also fault less and has resistance and voltage meter and if linked to pc u get live graphs so u can see if u have a bad cell
Old 26-07-2017
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I switched from a SkyRC RS16 to a Corally Eclips 2100 at the start of the year.

The RS16 was always reliable, did a good job of charging LIPO's and Nimh transmitter packs, but I was never overly convinced by the strength of the joy stick control, having said that I owned it for over two years and never had a problem.

The Corally Eclips is the lowest powered dual charger Corally make which has proved to be the ideal field companion for charging my race packs during the day. The balance charge does seem to take a little longer than the Skyrc unit, but I also seem to have a bit better power from the LiPo so a worthy trade off.

I never thought I'd make that much use of the dual charging aspect, but it has proved handy at club when a new comer has needed a top up, without having to stop my own charging. Or when at home I can charge my race packs at the same time as topping up my transmitter pack before race day. It's also 12/240v in the one unit so no separate power supplies needed.
What that fella said
Old 04-08-2017

Some great advice there, much appreciated I think my mind is made up.
Old 04-08-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by D20MCK View Post
I've been using the ISDT-SC-608 chargers for a year now and they've been superb, firmware is updated on a regular basis by isdt so if you get the small adaptor you can keep up to date. The reason I got them was mainly for the size, they're tiny. The only down side is it doesn't come with any cables, it's not a big problem really as you normally need to adapt what you get with a charger anyway.

They have 4 versions available http://www.isdt.co/category/product

This is type I use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iSDT-SC-60...3D122513569763
have you done the mod that allows you to use a MacBook charger as a power supply?
Old 05-08-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

I use LRP quadra competition v1 as it works on 12v and mains and does all types of cells and lots of other stuff. Its a mid range priced charger so not overly expensive but some of the worlds top drivers prefer this to the most expensive variant. The only downside is you have to buy the balance cable separately.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS