Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 01-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
itdowlukthotbigakid
Haha... entries are still coming in, and they have a couple hours left yet, we should have 50+ so not too bad...
Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Id say BB greens Ash
Old 01-07-2009

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

The only time i raced there i think i used Yellows.
Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

I went down today with yellows on. Grip is not the issue really, it is the bumps. I resorted to only doubling one of the doubles, the others i did more slowly, although I was marshalling myself and it was 30°C so I didnt want to keep walking across the track. Even on a good lap I was 35 seconds though.

I believe there will be much gnashing of teeth on Sunday due to the bumps. The track is made for larger diameter wheels really. It is the same for all of us though.

N
Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
I went down today with yellows on. Grip is not the issue really, it is the bumps. It is random as hell in the back section, makes the straight at Tally look like a bowling green. I resorted to only doubling one of the doubles, the others i did more slowly, although I was marshalling myself and it was 30°C so I didnt want to keep walking across the track. Even on a good lap I was 35 seconds though (that was excluding the left hand section that I believe will be cut-out.

I believe there will be much gnashing of teeth on Sunday. The track is made for larger diameter wheels. It is the same for all though though.

N

Neil Oliver, extra practise??? Who do you think you are..... me???
Old 01-07-2009

Quote:
I went down today with yellows on. Grip is not the issue really, it is the bumps. It is random as hell in the back section, makes the straight at Tally look like a bowling green. I resorted to only doubling one of the doubles, the others i did more slowly, although I was marshalling myself and it was 30°C so I didnt want to keep walking across the track. Even on a good lap I was 35 seconds though (that was excluding the left hand section that I believe will be cut-out.

I believe there will be much gnashing of teeth on Sunday. The track is made for larger diameter wheels. It is the same for all though though.

N
Well what more can i say !

Don't use the track when its not open more to the point its trespassing.

you do not have permission to use the track.

Thats why there is a gate at the bottom that is locked so people cant get in but you obviously think you have the right to climb the gate when its locked and help yourself to the track, would you like it if i opened your front door came in and watched your telly when your not there!
no i think not

You never asked the question if it can be used and the nitro guys know that if they are using the track and are caught up there then they get banned from ever using the track.

the one thing that you have done is made us at stoke wonder why we are letting you use the track for a regional and have put some serious thoughts to allow it to be used!
Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

Whoa whoa! Neil is not the sort of person that would blatantly defy a club's wishes, it's a bit off for you to rip him apart before asking him whether he knew you could pop down and use it or not.

Neil is a good guy
Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

perhaps if its that big an issue a polite notice on your website would help or even signs on the LOCKED gate!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 01-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Welcome to running a club. Neil is a good guy as far as im aware there has been very little comunication with us from the club with what tyres work etc and to tell you the truth ide of done exsactly the same as neil if i was in his situation.

Would be nice to know a few things....

Is there a food van coming at the weekend?

Does the field got boggy if wet?

What sort of lap times are people doing?

And what tyres work?

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy man View Post
Well what more can i say !

Don't use the track when its not open more to the point its trespassing.

you do not have permission to use the track.

Thats why there is a gate at the bottom that is locked so people cant get in but you obviously think you have the right to climb the gate when its locked and help yourself to the track, would you like it if i opened your front door came in and watched your telly when your not there!
no i think not

You never asked the question if it can be used and the nitro guys know that if they are using the track and are caught up there then they get banned from ever using the track.

the one thing that you have done is made us at stoke wonder why we are letting you use the track for a regional and have put some serious thoughts to allow it to be used!

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 01-07-2009
Mad Member

Sorry, I never meant to cause any offence. I work on Loomer Road and have popped down to Apedale many times to see if any other fellow racers were about but it has always been deserted. This week was the first I have gone into the compound to take a look. I appreciate that I should have asked permission first, appologies for that. Please note that I have no connection at all to the Stoke Club who have asked for the venue so please dont take this out on them, I only work in Chesterton and have done for some 16 years. It is a nice track, you have done great work on it, it must be great for Nitro meetings.. but I doubt you drown out the noise from the speedway...

Neil

ps, thanks Stan/Chris.
Old 02-07-2009

Neil, if I worked as close I would have done the same thing.

Buggy Man, wind your neck in. We all you need to stick together with regards to off road racing and not write stupid post’s about how you are wondering if you should provide a 10th MW Regional meeting because a fellow friend is using his initiative. I would have taken this as a positive and just warned people that this is not really the best way to practice at YOUR track and that there is a club night or day some time.

There is no comparison to what Neil has done and to open my front door and watching my TV. If Neil feels that he wants to drive to my house and watch my TV he is more than welcome, He’s just a nice guy.

Tony
Old 02-07-2009

Hi Guys,

OK, I don't intend to constantly get involved with posts on oople, as we all know it is a free forum, you are all within your rights to post your thoughts.

However, I cannot sit back and read the vast array of constant arguments and high level of victimisation that is now occuring in our regional section.

Let me make a few points clear please:

1/ The Stoke Nitro Racing Club have been very generous in allowing the region to host an event at their facility. The Stoke 1/10th club approached them in regard to hosting their event and they accepted, to which the regional committee, and we feel our racers also, should be very grateful.

2/ Clubs do not rely on the region, the region relies on the clubs, without the tracks to host venues, we have no series. The way that some of you are posting on this thread and others recently indicates you may not be aware of this.

3/ Neil has made an error of judgement, he has been big enough to apologise for it, there is no need for the level of hostility in the thread. The club has a right to feel frustrated, not least because of some of the comments made about the track before many of us have even put a car down on it. I believe/hope they are now aware that there was no malice intended from Neil, a mistake has been made, apology given.

4/ This is the first time a 10th scale meeting has been held at this venue, knowledge of tyres and lap times is very difficult to indicate, and I apologise for not being able to provide this information. I attended a club night at the venue a couple of months back, I did not have my own car but the car I used had BB spike fitted and seemed to work quite well. The track is one that will require patience, but I strongly believe you will all find it enjoyable.

The gates open after 7am on sunday, as stated on the mid west site, there is also the intention to have a catering van on site. We currently have 55 entries and we hope to provide you with a very enjoyable event.

Thanks a lot,
Tom
Old 02-07-2009

This will be my the only post i will be making and it is to just put a few things right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
perhaps if its that big an issue a polite notice on your website would help or even signs on the LOCKED gate!
If anyone would of followed the link to the website you would of noticed a forum link, on the forum is a notice saying no one is to use the track without our permission!
Also a locked gate is usually a good sign that its closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Welcome to running a club. Neil is a good guy as far as im aware there has been very little comunication with us from the club with what tyres work etc and to tell you the truth ide of done exsactly the same as neil if i was in his situation.

Would be nice to know a few things....

Is there a food van coming at the weekend?

Does the field got boggy if wet?

What sort of lap times are people doing?

And what tyres work?

A
Iam sorry guys but as for lack of communication from the club it isn't our responsibility to inform you, all we have done is lend the venue to stoke electric club they should of done the rest.

Yes there is a catering van which i have sorted for you!

no the field doesn't get boggy if wet we have laid astro in the pit area

lap times have been posted earlier in the thread

and tyres unless your using 1/8th don't know

Quote:
Sorry, I never meant to cause any offence. I work on Loomer Road and have popped down to Apedale many times to see if any other fellow racers were about but it has always been deserted. This week was the first I have gone into the compound to take a look. I appreciate that I should have asked permission first, apologies for that. Please note that I have no connection at all to the Stoke Club who have asked for the venue so please don't take this out on them, I only work in Chesterton and have done for some 16 years. It is a nice track, you have done great work on it, it must be great for Nitro meetings.. but I doubt you drown out the noise from the speedway...

Neil

ps, thanks Stan/Chris.
Apoligy accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
Neil, if I worked as close I would have done the same thing.

Buggy Man, wind your neck in. We all you need to stick together with regards to off road racing and not write stupid post’s about how you are wondering if you should provide a 10th MW Regional meeting because a fellow friend is using his initiative. I would have taken this as a positive and just warned people that this is not really the best way to practice at YOUR track and that there is a club night or day some time.

There is no comparison to what Neil has done and to open my front door and watching my TV. If Neil feels that he wants to drive to my house and watch my TV he is more than welcome, He’s just a nice guy.

Tony
Tony

I don't need to wind my neck in !

Stupid post

I am the 1 of 2 people who has pumped many thousands of pounds into building this track facility and spent endless hours night and day and most weekends at that track and for what people to think they have a right to hop a gate or cut through the fence to spend a sneaky 30 minutes on the track instead of coming to a Thursday night practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
Hi Guys,

OK, I don't intend to constantly get involved with posts on oople, as we all know it is a free forum, you are all within your rights to post your thoughts.

However, I cannot sit back and read the vast array of constant arguments and high level of victimisation that is now occuring in our regional section.

Let me make a few points clear please:

1/ The Stoke Nitro Racing Club have been very generous in allowing the region to host an event at their facility. The Stoke 1/10th club approached them in regard to hosting their event and they accepted, to which the regional committee, and we feel our racers also, should be very grateful.

2/ Clubs do not rely on the region, the region relies on the clubs, without the tracks to host venues, we have no series. The way that some of you are posting on this thread and others recently indicates you may not be aware of this.

3/ Neil has made an error of judgement, he has been big enough to apologise for it, there is no need for the level of hostility in the thread. The club has a right to feel frustrated, not least because of some of the comments made about the track before many of us have even put a car down on it. I believe/hope they are now aware that there was no malice intended from Neil, a mistake has been made, apology given.

4/ This is the first time a 10th scale meeting has been held at this venue, knowledge of tyres and lap times is very difficult to indicate, and I apologise for not being able to provide this information. I attended a club night at the venue a couple of months back, I did not have my own car but the car I used had BB spike fitted and seemed to work quite well. The track is one that will require patience, but I strongly believe you will all find it enjoyable.

The gates open after 7am on sunday, as stated on the mid west site, there is also the intention to have a catering van on site. We currently have 55 entries and we hope to provide you with a very enjoyable event.

Thanks a lot,
Tom
1. Stoke nitro where honored to be asked for there facility for a regional and do hope you all enjoy

3. Apology Accepted

From Stoke-Nitro's points of veiw we provided a venue for everyone to enjoy, it was built for nitro 1/8th scale and nothing else in mind, we do hope it works well for everyone but we understand that we will be in the firing line come Sunday night so just bear it in mind when your racing on Sunday that it was built for 1/8th scale nitro not 1/10 scale electric.

now from our point of view we close the matter on who and when the track can be used but please bear in mind that as from today anyone and we mean anyone who decides to hop the gate and use the track when the gate is locked will be banned from ever using the facility again.

There wont be anyone from Stoke-Nitro there this weekend we are all away doing Nitro-X-cross, its being left in the capable hands of Geoff Moss.

Thanks
Jared
Stoke-Nitro Racing Club
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

...and on that note, i cancel my entry
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to jono83

Is anyone else getting annoyed by all the bad attitudes around lately? after all this is a hobby we take part in because we enjoy it. With some people behaving the way they are its just going to drive people away from the thing we all enjoy doing. To be honest there is no real need for it. We are jus playing with toy cars at the end of the day.

Jono
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

THERE NOT TOYS JONO!! GRRR!!! :P
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy man View Post
If anyone would of followed the link to the website you would of noticed a forum link, on the forum is a notice saying no one is to use the track without our permission!
not exactly easy to find though is it and you have to register to view makes it even harder to find the info! if it was that important perhaps something on the website front page would help!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 02-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Cheers for the reply's to my questions guys. I cant wait now weathers not looking fantastic though :'(

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...de=stoke&day=3

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 05-07-2009
Mad Member

Well ill be the first to post then from 2day. I would like to thank the guys at stoke nitro for letting us run 2day. Great venue!! shame the weather decided to come down on my third run but still, BEST RESULT EVER!! Cant wait to go bac in the future!!

Thanks again!!
Old 05-07-2009
Mad Member

Just to say as above... fab day, fab track and yet again another well run meeting..

Would love to race at Stoke Nitro again for sure...superb venue..

Nick