Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 07-07-2010

Default BMAX4 setup 7/2010

Hi Guys,

I had a regional event on sunday at the Coventry grass track which the venue that will host the BRCA F2 and Junior finals in September for any of you UK guys attending that meeting.

I wanted to do some grass testing with the car because I was not happy that we were getting the best from it on this surface, we tried many settings which we have never trialled on the BMAX before and by the end of the day I felt the car was pretty dialled, it had a new sharpness to its handling.

After the meeting we took the car around Coventry's astroturf track, much higher bite than the grass and the same set up seemed to work really well. It may become a good staring point at many UK tracks...

If you are running on clay, I think there are some changes that will need to be made, lighter roll bars at each end and softer springs likely to be needed but I can't comment on this too much as I've never run my car on clay, but will do in August at the euros.

I think the main advantage of this setting is that it reduces the weight transfer over the front end and therefore makes it more responsive and gives the feeling of more steering. Not saying it is the ideal setting for everyone but maybe give it a try...

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coventry Grass Setup 2010.jpg (73.6 KB, 122 views)
Old 07-07-2010

Thanks so much for sharing Tom!

That's very close to what I am using on our slippery bumpy clay track here, except for the front roll bar, rear shock springs (using kit Orange) and oil weights which are about 5wt lighter. Oh and the final weight which is 1800g in my case. Hmm.. I guess finally it isn't that close...

If you're willing to share, I'd love to see your setup after the Euros!!!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
Hi Guys,

I had a regional event on sunday at the Coventry grass track which the venue that will host the BRCA F2 and Junior finals in September for any of you UK guys attending that meeting.

I wanted to do some grass testing with the car because I was not happy that we were getting the best from it on this surface, we tried many settings which we have never trialled on the BMAX before and by the end of the day I felt the car was pretty dialled, it had a new sharpness to its handling.

After the meeting we took the car around Coventry's astroturf track, much higher bite than the grass and the same set up seemed to work really well. It may become a good staring point at many UK tracks...

If you are running on clay, I think there are some changes that will need to be made, lighter roll bars at each end and softer springs likely to be needed but I can't comment on this too much as I've never run my car on clay, but will do in August at the euros.

I think the main advantage of this setting is that it reduces the weight transfer over the front end and therefore makes it more responsive and gives the feeling of more steering. Not saying it is the ideal setting for everyone but maybe give it a try...

Tom
Old 07-07-2010

i run the exact same setup that you have but run on clay. however i run the inner hole on the rear hub (the blue ones) and no front sway bar...def could use a little more steering as well did the ballstud washer on the outer camber link and i feel that its not quite enough turn in steering car pushes alot and wont respond even on super high grip tracks (clay)

thanks for any input
Old 07-07-2010

We've found a nice trick for more steering in 180° turns:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Place it in like on this picture, and high it 1.5mm up. Its Anti-Squad, like in the touringcar.

We tested it, and it was very nice to drive! More steering in turns, more respondable, and very nice over bumpy tracks.
Old 07-07-2010

Maybe increase the camber to 1.5 deg??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 lex 250 View Post
i run the exact same setup that you have but run on clay. however i run the inner hole on the rear hub (the blue ones) and no front sway bar...def could use a little more steering as well did the ballstud washer on the outer camber link and i feel that its not quite enough turn in steering car pushes alot and wont respond even on super high grip tracks (clay)

thanks for any input
Old 08-07-2010

Tom setup sheet available in pdf, clic the picture to get the pdf.

HTH