Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 03-12-2017

Default Is this brand considered dead ?

It seem there is no activity in world of team c brands. no new cars and some parts has been running thin on ground... it seem has died out. is this the case?
Old 03-12-2017

They recently released news of an new 4wd and 2wd. It's on there Facebook page. They news of these cars was a while ago and I to my understanding the cars were to be available by now. I myself wanted the new tm2 v3 but it's been some time since first announced and with the official announcement dates on Facebook long passing us by, I'll move on to another car.
Old 03-12-2017

They want to make comeback, new TC10 is released recently. Also new TM2 V3 is coming, shame is that laydown 2wd is just in testing form....
HotBodies Cyclone,CRC Gen Xi,BMI DB12RR,Mardave
Old 04-12-2017

The brand is alive and kicking. The cars we run (tenth offroad) are very competitive. Luke and Josh Holdsworth are National Junior champions in both U13 and U16 class. Craig Collinson is repeatedly on the podium in Nationals. Adam Perei is very successful, and extremely difficult to beat indoors. And those are just a few of our team drivers. Those 4 have achieved National BRCA F1 license grade driving Team C cars this year.

Granted, we are not high profile in the media, and maybe we could do better at advertising. Currently our 2wd high grip car (TM2 v2) is in the process of being updated by a v3 which is in testing now, so release will be a couple of months. Our new 4wd (TM4v2) is just on release and distributors are awaiting stock. There are also conversion kits available to update the previous versions of both cars. Then for something a bit different there is the tried and tested Redworks conversion for the TM2 v2 available from Absima. The TC02C Evo remains our go to 2wd car for low grip.

So there's lots happening, and we have an active forum for anyone joining the UK team. And whilst we do have extremely good drivers in the team, we are not just about that. We invite people to join us from all levels and age groups. Anyone interested pm me.

We'll be racing at Chadderton Raceway in the NW on Sunday 10th December if anyone wants to visit and have a chat.
Old 11-12-2017

If I may just make some observations on the above. There's clearly no dispute in what Ed says, the results speak for themselves.

The problem for me specifically is local support and general spares availability. There are clearly parts of the country and certain regions/tracks where Team C are popular. But not down in my neck of the woods. As somebody who's not raced competitively for a while, it's been a difficult journey learning about the cars with a relative lack of support. Equally, if Inside Line don't have spares stocks, I've no idea where to go as most other shops don't seem to stock Team C stuff and I don't have 'team driver' access to the Absima store which makes stuff expensive.

As a consequence, I've made the decision to sell mine on and change brand. For me the decision was made easier as there are a good number of drivers locally using that brand, so trackside support is readily available.

That said, the cars are well designed and built and hopefully the new models will be a greater success.