Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 14-02-2010

Talking Zero Tolerance on Marshals worked this week

This week's zero tolerance worked much better than I could have even expected

So successful, I shall be doing the same now throughout the rest of the championships. It was great to see you all out and standing by the marshall points.

A huge thank you must go to Tim for sorting out the new laminated marshall points and very clear for all to see.

Some great racing also and good to see that Joe's back on form and looking like he'll be heading back into F1 at the end of the championships, good driving Joe, just wished I'd beaten you in qualifying

Loved the finals...
Old 14-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

I think I was three laps down on the previous week in qualifying and about 5 in the finals !!!!!!!!
Four complete, clean runs without being marshalled and I only just beat the next two guys LOL .............. WHERE DID ALL THE GRIP GO?
Old 14-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I think I was three laps down on the previous week in qualifying and about 5 in the finals !!!!!!!!
Four complete, clean runs without being marshalled and I only just beat the next two guys LOL .............. WHERE DID ALL THE GRIP GO?
That's the beauty of the surface we run on, it can change from week to week. it makes for an interesting race each week. I think if the hall's floor is cleaned and then not used all week the grip is far less than if the hall has been used that week. I did notice how shiny it was this week when I walked in at the beginning.

Strange also how one week rally blocks are the choice of tyres for the TCs and then another week it's minipins.

The great thing is that is't the same for us all, at least it makes for some interesting battles. I see that Andy was closer to you this week with just 1 lap off the pace I think. Maybe Andy's car handles the slippery surface better who knows...

I'll be joining the 1:18 class next week with my Xray Truck but don't expect anything from me too soon - still not run it in anger yet...
Old 14-02-2010

I struggled really badly with lack of grip,but maybe learnt to drive around the problem even though it was the slippiest week so far with the Blaze. I think the slippy conditions meant that the gap between Alec's Shark and my standard Blaze was much closer. In more grippy conditions I dont think i would be any where near Alec.
Old 14-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

The narrow width of the Blaze is always going to be more suitable when the conditions are at their most slippy but as Scott says, it makes it far more entertaining and it certainly kept me on my toes LOL ........ if i'd made any mistakes at all I would certainly have been beaten, so fair play to the Blaze boys
Old 14-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by associatedtc3 View Post
I struggled really badly with lack of grip,but maybe learnt to drive around the problem even though it was the slippiest week so far with the Blaze. I think the slippy conditions meant that the gap between Alec's Shark and my standard Blaze was much closer. In more grippy conditions I dont think i would be any where near Alec.
Andy,

I thought you were running a maverick?
Old 14-02-2010

I've pensioned the maverick off so Callum can use it as spares for is. I,ve been running the Blaze for the last 3 weeks but had a load of breakdowns until this week.