Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 30-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Ecu remapping

Anybody had it done and were the results worth it.
can get my car done for £170 claiming an increase of 30% bhp and fuel improvements.

Ford Focus C-Max 2.0 TDCi 136hp

136bhp up to 168bhp
320nm up to 382nm
Old 30-10-2012
Mad Member

Default Remapping

I think my boss had it done on a 3Ltr Audi A5 will find out what his thoughts are and get back to you
Old 31-10-2012

i done my seat ibza 19 tdi and it was all good alot beter responce didnt notice the fuel tho
Old 01-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

If you want better performance , just do what i did and its a lot cheaper. Take it to Halfords Autocenter and get a fuel system clean. You`ll be amazed how much difference there is. Mine used to sound like a bag of spanner with no oomph until i did it. Now takes off like a stabbed rat and its only a 1.4 Toyota
Old 01-11-2012
Mad Member

From what I know, these tunes basically do away with a lot of the measures that are considered when the OE tune is created.

Things like emissions compliance, hot/cold starts, cylinder pressure limits are not considered, so if you ignore these they should be able to pull more power/torque through.

Not sure on the reduced emissions claims that go with these though.. more power normally equals more fuel...

Best bet is to make sure they do a power run on the dyno before and after the changes are made... I would want to see the gain with my own eyes.
Old 01-11-2012

right ecu remapping just optimises the fueling and timing to your exact engines requirements, some also raise the boost a little too.
They also usually remove or turn down egr usuage so make engine run better.
If done by one of the trusted big names REVO, Superchips, etc it will have had a long devlopement period and wont harm the standard components or the clutch ( most diesels weak point)
Its a no brainer for me, best thing ive ever done ( ibiza mk4 fr tdi)
Old 01-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmickey0 View Post
If you want better performance , just do what i did and its a lot cheaper. Take it to Halfords Autocenter and get a fuel system clean. You`ll be amazed how much difference there is. Mine used to sound like a bag of spanner with no oomph until i did it. Now takes off like a stabbed rat and its only a 1.4 Toyota
id not trust halfrauds with anything!!
Old 01-11-2012

I've done a fair bit in this field (kind of a hobby) and worked with a number of tuners here in the EU and North America. A GOOD and i stress the word GOOD remap will be alot more than £170. You would normally be paying circa £300-£500 dependant on supplier for this application.

There are plenty of knock off maps circulating, a quick google search will show this can be done for less than £100 with a cheap remap tool, laptop and a flash file. The only thing I would say is you pay for what you get, as with most things. The large companies will provide the below in a diesel remap;

1. Cold start protection.
2. Overheat protection
3. Boost limiter
4. Fuel pressure monitoring @ the fuel rail
5. EGR burn modifications (dependant on the application)
6. Increase in MPG
7. Modified throttle response

30% is a big claim although also achieveable. The Vauxhall 1.9 CDTI's comfortably go from 150bhp upto circa 190bhp with no problems. This is on standard hardware of course assuming the clutch is also in good health. The modern BMW diesels react really well and you would see circa 25% increase on them also with no problems, sometimes even more.

If you research thoroughly and talk to the company doing the work, and are happy with both of these then by all means good luck and enjoy the extra ooomph
Old 12-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I decided to try the fuel system cleaner and bought a 400ml bottle 0f
Forté Advanced Formula Diesel £15 . Poured it in the tank filled it up and did a 350 mile round trip and some pottering around for about 40 miles. I felt the car getting smoother after about 40 miles and by 100 it was getting better and better. My acceleration felt faster and smoother and no black clouds belching out the back although there was,nt much before.
Starting from cold is really so much better now as before it was taking more than a few seconds to fire up now its almost instant even in the frost a few days back so it must have cleaned the jets up well.
I did'nt notice any great improvement in mpg but I got 49mpg from 300 miles open road and 90 urban driving. Just for the way the car now feels, accelerates and is quieter I'd buy this stuff again.
Old 12-03-2013

I had mine done by Angel tuning Audi a4 2.0 TDI went from 146 to about 180.

But i did buy the DTUK box for my new Insignia, this is the Inline unit which you plug in, my engine injectors lasted 20 mins then blew up.

Spending 300 to 500 is the real deal, anything for 170 wont work very well, and may even blow it up.

if i was going to buy any off the shelf self mapping tool it would be Bluefin, other than that get a mapper to your door.
Old 12-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I'll be getting mine done soon.

Darkside Developments say they can take my mk4 golf 150PD up to around 190bhp for £300 all in. I've just fitted a new clutch and flywheel so should be ok there
Old 12-03-2013

ive had my last car and my new car remapped by bluefin and its been excellent , u will notice the difference.