Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 20-08-2012

Default Hauler Bag

What hauler bags are people using for their 1/10 off road buggies?

I bought the giant Hudy hauler bag for a whopping £220 only to find the damn thing doesn't fit in my 1:1 car.....

So I now have a hauler I can't use, and still need a suitable method of transporting my buggies, tools, spares and accessories to the track without having to make a dozen trips to and from the car!

So what are you all using? My 1:1 car is a 57 reg Ford Focus hatchback so anything I get would need to go in the back of that standing upright.
Old 20-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

keep the bag, buy a new 1:1 car ;-)

or just fold down the rear seat?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-08-2012

Quote:
or just fold down the rear seat?
I think it may be the height that's the problem ? I got a 08 focus hatchback and the 1/8th fastrax bag fits fine .....
Old 20-08-2012

Yeah it is the height that's the problem. It would go in if I removed the spare wheel and consequently lowered the floor of the car, but I can't be bothered with that week in week out. I'd rather sell this hauler to someone with a bigger car and get myself one that actually fits in my boot. Which I should have checked in the first place of course.....
Old 20-08-2012
Mad Member

For 1/10th using the giant hudy bag so i can get all my 2 and 4wd kit in the one bag have a Mondeo Estate and the roof of that is only just high enough.
For 1/8th have a Venom which is not as tall.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 21-08-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

How tall is the thing then? To get my hauler in my car i just take the parcel shelf off and it fits no problem at all. Or wont it fit on the back seat, held in with the seat belt so it doestn hit you if you brake suddenly.
Old 21-08-2012

I've got the same Hudy hauler, and a Focus. Fair enough it doesn't fit in the boot, but i just slide it into the back seat instead though the back doors, no need to even use the boot Although i do get a row if i don't put a towel on the back seat first
Old 21-08-2012

This bag is approximately 70cm x 70cm x 40cm.

Wheelspin models have the following message on their website in bold :

This is the LARGEST Hauler we have seen to date. Make sure you take note of the above dimensions to check whether it will fit in your real car for transport or used in another location!

Unfortunately the retailer I purchased it from didnt, and I didnt think about it.

Regarding the back seat, Im not sure.... It would be tight, but as I have a 3 door Focus then there is no way its getting in the back seat anyway. The front seats dont come forward anywhere near enough to allow that to happen....
Old 21-08-2012

Fastrax medium hauler which has enough space for all the spares, chargers and the 4wd, 2wd gets strapped to the top. Then a separate fastrax shoulder bag for all the tyres.
Old 21-08-2012

MB models are advertising a nice looking hpi 1/8th suitable bag for 99 quid. Looks like a good deal to me!
Old 22-08-2012

Thanks for the replies guys. I am tending to want to steer clear of 1/8 hauler bags as there is an element of overkill there and also the risk of it not going in the car again. Most of the 1/10 haulers though are marketed as 1/10 Touring Car haulers. How does a TC differ from a buggy size wise?
Old 22-08-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
How does a TC differ from a buggy size wise?
Its a bit smaller.

...sorry, couldnt resist
Old 22-08-2012

The fastraxs and team magic f8 ones fit in the boot of the mr's focus, But that is an 04 plate.
Old 22-08-2012

You wont fit a 1/10th buggy in a 1/10th hauler they are to narrow.
I would suggest the Fastrax Large Hauler as this is wide enough for 1/10th buggy but not massively tall. The only thing it lacks is the tool caddy in the top this is why its shorter.
http://www.fastrax-rc.com/rc-product...0004474&cat=ST
Old 22-08-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Not found a hauler bag that ticks all the boxes for me to be honest, all have their failings....
Old 22-08-2012

I use a 1/10 TC hauler bag for my buggies (a Team Magic one).

To get them to fit in you either have to take the wheels off or, as I have done, take the big top drawer out and use it as a shelf which the cars fit on with no problems.
Old 22-08-2012

Im tending to agree with Dudders a little now. The hudy bag is great, apart from it is too big. The fastrax one is interesting, but not having a dedicated tool compartment isnt ideal as they will either be thrown in loose, or in a seperate tool box which defeats the point of a hauler bag a little. I dont like the idea of a 1/10 TC bag either if I have to remove the wheels every time as that will just lead to lost axle pins, wheel bearings and god knows what else so maybe I need to look at alternative options.

The Fastrax 1/10 car carry bag is interesting, one of those over each shoulder might be better than a hauler?

http://www.fastrax-rc.com/rc-product...0004611&cat=ST
Old 22-08-2012

I use the Fastrax Mega Hauler its around 10 cm smaller in all dimensions than the Hudy one you have, it fits in the boot of a vw golf standing upright, and has a tool compartment in the top.

http://www.fastrax-rc.com/rc-product...0004866&cat=ST
Old 22-08-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
I'm tending to agree with Dudders a little now. The hudy bag is great, apart from it is too big. The fastrax one is interesting, but not having a dedicated tool compartment isn't ideal as they will either be thrown in loose, or in a separate tool box which defeats the point of a hauler bag a little. I don't like the idea of a 1/10 TC bag either if I have to remove the wheels every time as that will just lead to lost axle pins, wheel bearings and god knows what else so maybe I need to look at alternative options.

The Fastrax 1/10 car carry bag is interesting, one of those over each shoulder might be better than a hauler?

http://www.fastrax-rc.com/rc-product...0004611&cat=ST
hmmm the Fastrax has a tool compartment in the top which is removable, i would say thats a dedicated one, i have a Fastrax one thats in good nick if you want to come to a deal on it for hudy Jobie any pics of hudy bag
Old 22-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
hmmm the Fastrax has a tool compartment in the top which is removable, i would say thats a dedicated one, i have a Fastrax one thats in good nick if you want to come to a deal on it for hudy Jobie any pics of hudy bag
Fastrax do 2 the large hauler which doesnt have a top tool tray well not a decent one any way, and the mega hauler which does.

If the only problem with the large hauler is the tools you could always get one of these to go with it??
http://www.fastrax-rc.com/rc-product...0003988&cat=ST