Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 29-10-2012

I would start with running it in dual mode, no timing, Thottle profile 2 and current limiter at about 60 and see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levontraut View Post
there was a big picture that showed what to do... but after reading some of the things... the motor is definatly going to be too big for most of the tracks... clanfield however will be fine... so at the end of november, i will buy myself the 1900 or there about to slow things down for the other tracks i am planning to go too.

now to my original question....

does anyone have an answer to my question please?? now knowing it is over kill the motor... does anyone have suggestions to my setup.. and i think i might have to go down a pinion... but then keeping it ig will also help to slow wheel spin down as it is more stress on the motor but the temps will go up.... any ideas??

cheers
levon
Old 29-10-2012

I would start with zero timing advance and run in dual mode as this will reduce heat build up on the ESC. Use the current limiter (punch) to stop wheel spin, with that motor I would start at 50% and see how you go.
I looked on the Tekin website for Team driver set ups but there aren't any for that beast of a motor.
What you could experiment with is the throttle profiles, this should be a good way to soften the bottom end. Another thing you could do is save a base profile as above with the hotwire and then try a few different things like lowering the current limiter but adding some turbo timing saved onto different profiles, then you could change through different profiles at the track quickly without having to use the hotwire. I would take some notes of what the different profiles have been set to though otherwise it could easily get very confusing as to what is doing what.

If you look on the Tekin website there is a good guide for all the settings on the hotwire, well worth a good read.

As for gearing etc I wouldn't have a clue, but I would start a couple of teeth lower on the pinion and see how you go with temps.
Generally my RX8 and 1900 kV motor tend to run pretty cool and usually the fan doesn't kick in. I have it set to be pretty linear and smooth but with some turbo timing and boost set to come in higher up the rev range the car seems to grow legs down the straights.
Old 31-10-2012

Cgeers for all the replys so far guys.

I started to go through all the things i can change and it is a lit diffrent to the hobbywing stuff.

I have a question.... What is the max rpm speed of the motor please??

The thing i have chamged so far is the throttle trigger... From 52 i think it is to 20 drag is on at 10. Start rpm is at 3000 instead of 5123. The curve is still at stock but will play with it and see how it effects everything. How does one change the profiles pleadr?? I seem to only have the c2.
Old 05-11-2012

Hi Randy P.

i signed up for an account on the teamtekin forum with the user name like the one i use on this forum...... can you please look into it and get it activated please.

can someone please tell me what servo is best for the tekin rx8 esc please. it will be used for the 1/8th rc8bE the radio gear is spektrum dx3s

cheers
levon
Old 05-11-2012

Servo wise anything but Savox, especially if you have Spektrum radio. I use a brushless Futaba, 451 I think, got it from The Servo Shop. I will confirm later on, I did have a Savox 1256 fitted but it caused all sorts of problems with receiver brownouts, a glitch buster may help if you have problems though.
Old 05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
Servo wise anything but Savox, especially if you have Spektrum radio. I use a brushless Futaba, 451 I think, got it from The Servo Shop. I will confirm later on, I did have a Savox 1256 fitted but it caused all sorts of problems with receiver brownouts, a glitch buster may help if you have problems though.

spot on there with the money m8.

as in nitro the spektrum and savox are a good combo when running life battries but so far the savox is being very problematic... i have ordered a power cap on ebay.... but as i can see i will have to change servo brands i a looking for a good replacement
Old 05-11-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Savox are ok most of the time but run a receiver cap to be safe. I prefer and use KO servos in all of my cars.
Old 06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
Savox are ok most of the time but run a receiver cap to be safe. I prefer and use KO servos in all of my cars.

cheers randy.

you say they are Ok... so i take it , it is not the best.... what KO servos are you running please for both your nitro and electric??

BTW.. you got a pm on its way to you.

cheers
levon
Old 06-11-2012

Nothing is wrong with Savox servo's of which I have been using them in Touring and Off-Road. There is an issue with Spectrum recievers not pulling enough power so you have to put cap into the reciever due to this (bad design of spectrum recievers)

For info I have run these on the older KO recievers and new (2.4ghz) and never missed a beat
Old 06-11-2012

I have ran (and still am) Savox in all 5 Durango cars including 8th electric and short course, using RS Pro's & RX8's and only had an issue with the short course, after installing a power cap into the receiver i have never had any other issues.
Old 06-11-2012

so the cheapest thing to do on just short of buying a new tx and rx is putting in a power cap.
Old 06-11-2012

for me thats the only thing i did
Old 06-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Power cap, the high draw servo's can spike the receiver putting it into failsafe mode.
Old 06-11-2012

Hmm anyone know were to buy the Tekin Redline Gen2 (6.5T) in europe? nobody have it in there shop what i have found so far...
Old 06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Hmm anyone know were to buy the Tekin Redline Gen2 (6.5T) in europe? nobody have it in there shop what i have found so far...

Try Here http://www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart/in...oducts_id=1460
Old 06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streeter View Post

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012

Hi

I'm looking for at start esc setup for touringcar with a 5.5t. Dual mode, right? and go from there or. Anyone with experience running the rs-pro in touring mod? I only found one setup at tekins site if not misstaking.
Old 08-11-2012

Default rx8 - D2 mode

guys...

on my rx8, if it is in dual mode when i log into the program menu through the computer, must it be all bright and red?? or it is automaticly on??

i think mine is not on, and i can not see any settings to change it.

cheers
levon

BTW: all the wires are connected correctly and i got drag break on as well so ther is always a signal of some kind going to the esc from the motor.
Old 09-11-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

The Rx8 can only run in dual mode.

If you're getting a signal to the motor, you need to re calibrate your esc/radio relationship.
Old 10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
The Rx8 can only run in dual mode.

If you're getting a signal to the motor, you need to re calibrate your esc/radio relationship.

cheers Randy.

i had a look at the dashboard and i am running dual mode.

just on the UI i thought that the d2/dual mode button/picture was going to light up. but on the bottom it showed it was setup correctly.

also on the servo setup and what is best , i put in a 4600uF 10V power cap in and that seems to be working really nicely with the servo and i am not not getting any brown outs. and also i can not set the servo to full speed and it does nto glitch or do anything stupid that i do nto want it to do.

cheers for all the input and info so far guys.

cheers
levon