Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 30-07-2012

had a awesome time best racing ever, big thanks to everyone involved.
i will be back next year.
Old 30-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

well what can i say,well firstly a huge thanks to jimmy and vicky oople for the huge support.thank you to the rhr crew for constructing the ramp for me,i no it wasnt perfect and i did moan about it(and im really sorry if i came across as an ass so im sorry) but to be honest the weekend itself the atmosphere and the world class track far outwayd any problems i came across.

secondly a huge thank you to all who helped me get around the venue through out the whole weekend,without you guys i'd still be there trying to get around lol

and mostly of all thank you to everybody for giving me a weekend were all my problems were forgotten about and making me feel very welcome and very supported.

so thank you again to the rhr crew for making it possible for me to race and thank to mr & mrs oople for allowing me to race,thank you to vicky oople aswell for finding out my needs before the event and making sure i was ok and comftable.

i know theres alot of thank you's in this message but really i have never meet such a large amount of geniuenly nice guys and gals and never felt more comftable since my accident. so thank you everyone.

p.s a huge thanks to my big bro chris mills for helping me so much and putting up with my moaning lol

thanks guys for everything and hopefully ill see you all again next year.

jaysllim aka jay wheels lol(soz forgot to say i wana change my name to jay wheels as after this weekend lol)
Old 30-07-2012
Mad Member

Good job on your first leg win jay! Not bad with half the track in view
Danny (bloke sat opposite you, green b44.1)
Old 30-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainamigo View Post
Good job on your first leg win jay! Not bad with half the track in view
Danny (bloke sat opposite you, green b44.1)
Not bad says the guy who won 2 legs of his final(dunno if u won ur 3rd leg as we had to leave early or risk getting bk in the early hours of the morning) i didnt get chance to say congrats on ur wins as i didnt get vhance to see u before we left.but on a serious note u cant expect a guy with only 1 leg to win a 3 legged final can u rofl

But thanks to everybody who i was pitting with for making it such a laugh.
Old 30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
ask anyone who came just for the atmosphere - it's still a great time. I didn't race and loved every minute of it.
I didn't race and still had a great time. People where looking at me as if to say " your not racing are you mad ". And then sat night came I think we ALL had a few too many and what great fun it was doing it. The racing looked great and the people where so friendly. Well done all
Old 30-07-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee stokes View Post
had a awesome time best racing ever, big thanks to everyone involved.
i will be back next year.
Ditto!
Old 30-07-2012

Was an awesome weekend, a big big thank you to everyone who made it happen First time on dirt and I loved it, this was the event of the year for me, well done guys!

Steve Adams
Old 30-07-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

not sure if this will work but here is the king of back flips in action Awsome job lee!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....51077569906156
Old 30-07-2012

I'll get on the wagon of thanks myself then!

Thanks to all who build the track. I've been at Westcoast R/C, The cactus classics, Competition hobbies in Tuscon(Kinwalds hometrack), Tomelilla(1st EOS-race), the worlds in Finland etc... This track is so far my favourite, and you should be proud!

All the guys pitting around me(That includes you, Jaysllim!), I had a great time and feel I have a small bunch of new friends now

Dan Greenwood; that was some lovely defense moves, let's do it again sometime!

Last but not least, I'm really sorry I didn't see or hear Adam Skeldings Durango flip over in the last leg of the 4wd a-main. I was just so focused on the jump and corner finish in front of me. Really sorry Adam!

Overall a great experience for me, 13th overall in both classes was more than I expected, and the weather was luckily good all weekend. Hopefully I'll comeback next year, and scare my girlfriend into driving the rental on the wrong side of the road or live in a tent, cause I want to join the party!!

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 30-07-2012
Administrator

Thanks for coming Martin! Please tell all your mates how ACE it was

I was on the phone to Daniel Perrson in Sweden on Saturday night (thanks DC) and he sounded very keen to try and get a few Swedish over next year if its possible.

Last edited by jimmy; 31-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 31-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
very keen to try and get a few Swedish over next year if its possible.

dirty boy

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 31-07-2012

Quote:
Thanks for coming Martin! Please tell all your mates how ACE it was

I was on the phone to Daniel Perrson in Sweden on Saturday night (thanks DC) and he sounded very keen to try and get a few Swedish over next year if its possible.
Just make sure the dates don't collide with the USA worlds!:-) I've already started my Ooplerace savings account!:-)

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 31-07-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

I know its been said llots, but worth saying again.

Thanks Jimmy, Stu, James and everyone else involved with getting this event up and running.

My first ever big race meet, and absolutely loved it.

Has re-energised me to get into racing again, and met loads of genuinely helpful and friendly people.

All of Team Northern Ireland says - "Thanks!"
Old 31-07-2012
Mad Member

Default Vintage Race Video

I've uploaded the vintage race on youtube, it's also embedded in my event report on my blog (see signature).

Youtube:

http://youtu.be/XTtESaDWCAc
Old 31-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardnim View Post
I know its been said llots, but worth saying again.

Thanks Jimmy, Stu, James and everyone else involved with getting this event up and running.

My first ever big race meet, and absolutely loved it.

Has re-energised me to get into racing again, and met loads of genuinely helpful and friendly people.

All of Team Northern Ireland says - "Thanks!"
And thanks for coming team northern Ireland! Good to meet you mate

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 31-07-2012
Admin

Big thanks to all that attended

The bad thing about being in race control was I didn't get time to socialize in the pits too much, , but on the plus side I did see pretty much all of the on track action

For me the best wheel to wheel race of the weekend was the Sórlie/Greenwood battle. This was an epic display of how respectful fair racing should be conducted, a real credit to both of you

The Cragg 2wd round 4 race was truly a privelidge to be a witness to. Neil himself even asked me for a printout to take home as it was quote "One of the best races I have ever driven in my life". Coming from an ex WORLD champion gives you an idea of how special that heat really was. Thanks to Neil for producing that kind of talent at the oOple event.

Yes, I'm still tired even though its now Tuesday, but I'm really proud to be a part of such a fantastic event, and look forward to doing it all again in a years time,

PS: Úber thanks to the few York members for devising and toiling hard to create such a unique and fabulous track where we could host such a memorable oOple event
Old 31-07-2012

Thanks to everyone who had a role in organising this event, it really was run seamlessly, even during the showers. Both myself and my son Jamie had a great time, it was his first big event and he really loved it. It was good to see a few other young racers at the event, the scene could really be doing with more youngsters. Great track, great organisation and great weather too. Thanks.
Old 31-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
The bad thing about being in race control was I didn't get time to socialize in the pits too much,
No Mate, Thank you! And Mike and Muzzy for running race control Über smoothly all weekend.

And i saw you socializing saturday night throwing a few shapes in the marquee
Old 01-08-2012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinoco View Post
......... It was good to see a few other young racers at the event, the scene could really be doing with more youngsters. ........... Thanks.
While the event does get a little loud & lary at times it will stay that way, there are a few youngsters that have been to 10, 11 & 12 - they probably have a entry for life if they want it. It would be nice to get a few more world class entries but these will never replace all the club racers and kids.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 01-08-2012
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for coming and making it such an amazing weekend. Its awesome to see all the great characters together and to make new friends and put faces to forum names, as has been said its not an elitist event, everyone is welcome to enter and we try to give a good mix and get as many people in as possible so if you haven't made it in yet don't be put off. We were very pleased with the track and how it held out and thankyou for all the kind words over the weekend about it - makes all the work by the team worthwhile . Thankyou all for behaving lol its always a bit of a worry having a few hundred people in the middle of nowhere as anything can happen but the weekend went pretty much without a hitch! And thankyou for keeping the place tidy, it was loads better than last year and we have so much to do anyway that not having littler to deal with is very much appreciated!
Rest assured we will keep improving the site and facilities, we hope to have another big race before the end of summer if we can pull it all together so hope to see you all again soon!