Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 13-02-2015
Mad Member

Default It can be hard trying to promote a club

...As I well know.

While many of you were either at The Plough worrying about the weight of cell tape, getting over the previous nights student piss up, or simply not even in the hobby, I was busy every Sunday morning at Torch with only about another 4 or 5 people, usually no more than half dozen, making sure we can have 2 heats, one of 3 and 2, or two of 3, and no lap counting.

Or travelling to every model shop I could find in South Hampshire to see if they would kindly put a flyer up in their window, that I had printed out.

Or taken the time to e-mail/write to magazines in the hope we might get a mention, such as the nugget I found below:

Or even as a result of which, talking on the phone for 10/15 mins at a time to people who sounded like they were interested, but would never turn up. Sometimes risking my dinner going cold as a result. All the time hoping that we would have somewhere to back to the next week and I wouldn't get the call from Ron (rip) saying that was it.

I'd like to say well done to all the committee, you all do a great job in taking the club forward, and it's a thankless task, however, I'd like to blow my own trumpet here, for a change, and say that if it wasn't for us keeping the coals burning, there may not have been a club left for some of you to come back to.

Long may we continue
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by Crazy L; 14-02-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 14-02-2015
Mad Member

One thing I did just remember. A couple of years before the big Torch shake-up, I also got a club section put up on the now defunct RC Kingdom Website and forum and was sole Admin.

I also put it forward to the bloke running it back then (Ian Brawn) that we accept micros as another class to attract members. Took some work to win him over too as he was a stubborn ol' coot, a bit set in his ways.

Anyway, Not having a rant or anything, just like to dig up some history for those who, most likely, have no idea how far the club has come or have only ever known me as a purveyor of sarcastic tripe.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 15-02-2015

So crazy it's you we have to thank for the addiction resulting in expense, cold, wet and the maintenance.
On a serious note, when I started at torch there were a few members, no transponders etc. It certainly has come a long way, we just need more guest appearances from your good self.
Old 15-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammers View Post
we just need more guest appearances from your good self.
and you shall my good man, you shall.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 15-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammers View Post
So crazy it's you we have to thank for the addiction resulting in expense, cold, wet and the maintenance.
On a serious note, when I started at torch there were a few members, no transponders etc. It certainly has come a long way.
Not Just me, but in the limbo years, I did put myself out regularly for the clubs benefit. Even down to getting hold of old slabs for us to use. Only Jules will remember most of this as he is the only one who still attends (or does he?)

Certainly has come a long way mate, it was only down to you Clanfield boys starting to attend that brought about an upturn in numbers, making it double figure attendance.
SWorkz S12-2