Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 21-09-2014
Awesome Admin

Now this is a thread revival !! How did you get on with then front diff daz did you run it? And did you replace all the diff balls?
Old 21-09-2014

I have run the car briefly, but not properly. But with regards the diff balls, I remembered that we quite often run diffs with half the balls removed (every other one) to reduce the rotating mass. And it was fine back in the day. Of course, that means it would be fine now, unless you want to run a hotter variety of brushless motor. And in that case - you would need to see how far you can go..

These projects are still maturing with age.... I've collected a few new bits, got the shells I want, and then - that's about it! Work work work... There's no rush
Old 22-09-2014
Awesome Admin

Mature!! your gonna look at them one day and there will be nothing but a pile of dust

I've just ordered some new diff balls anyway so I have some to hand. How did you get on honing the thrust plates ?

And last question for now do you know who made that chassis as I've just found one similar and am thinking of basing a xls on it.
Old 22-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Mature!! your gonna look at them one day and there will be nothing but a pile of dust

But it will be a pile of dust heaped in history...

I've just ordered some new diff balls anyway so I have some to hand. How did you get on honing the thrust plates ?

Erm.... still on the to-do list. But I have an old glass shelf with a hole drilled in it to clear the centre spiggot, a sheet of wet and dry placed on there with a little light 3in1 oil to keep it in place, and some on the abrasive surface to keep the plates moving freely whilst lapping them in - this will do the job when I get round to it.

And last question for now do you know who made that chassis as I've just found one similar and am thinking of basing a xls on it.
It's a standard Schumacher chassis...
Hope that helps you out..