Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default Convince me to go xfactory x6 sq...

Hi all,

I have run a b4 for a long time now, and like driving it, know what to change on it to tune it in, and find it strong, reliable etc etc (covers everything a good club driver would want really!)

However, with the release of the b4.1, i am contemplating either upgrading the parts required to get it to b4.1 std, or even going down the route of the x6 sq.
It seems they really havent changed much on the b4.1, just improved a few of the parts, and really improved the mouldings. They also seem to be merging parts from the sc10, not really a bad thing.

All i want really is for you guys to convince me to go down the route of the x6, and to why I should spend a lot more over my b4.1 parts. Also note that i have been driving rear motored cars for the last 15 years, so its kinda built in now!!!

Let the convincing commence!
Old 10-10-2010

Well all i want to say about the X6 is not to buy it, below is a few reason.

1. The car sucks cause you dun break anything and got nothing else to do at the pits.
2. The car can't be setup, cause the stock setup is so rubbish that i've always finish in Top 3 position in A Main at my local race.
3. The parts and advice support is so bad that u almost have a wait a few minutes for a reply.
4. The car is boring cause u can't spend money to make it better.

Let me think of other reason not to get a X6.

Anyway i've got a X6 Squared for almost a year and just got an X5 Squared.

Do The Math
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

I see sarcasm still exists!
Old 10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
I see sarcasm still exists!
Johnson Lee's a good mate of mine...he loves his X cars very much and his race results have prove it. You won't go wrong with the X6 Squared...

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

I really need details as to why people think its better, not just say its as good as my b4. I nearly always make top 3 in the a at my club with my b4... Why should i go to the x6, and will I notice the difference?

Thanks for the comments so far though!
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Basically it makes "average joe" a better driver...

Its easier to push the car and a lot more consistent when you do, best bet is to try one really and see if you like it... Ive always been a Losi man so while the X6 is a good car, it wasn't my cup of tea...

People will tell you to get whichever car they own, best thing is to ask around and try everything you can...

CR2 gets my vote and ive tried and X6, Cougar, B4 etc etc...

Personal preference

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
Basically it makes "average joe" a better driver...

Its easier to push the car and a lot more consistent when you do, best bet is to try one really and see if you like it... Ive always been a Losi man so while the X6 is a good car, it wasn't my cup of tea...

People will tell you to get whichever car they own, best thing is to ask around and try everything you can...

CR2 gets my vote and ive tried and X6, Cougar, B4 etc etc...

Personal preference
Your advice is really a good one. Yes i think it's best to try out the X6 first and see if you like it. Different cars suit different drivers. The X6 and B4 performs/handles really well at my local track but not the CR2. Driving style and track condition really plays an important part too...

My Trader Feedback
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Wish I could have a go on an x6, but no-one has one at my local club. They run cougars, or b4's! I guess I am asking the impossible really without trying one!

Whats the deal with Losi shocks, are they really necessary? If it helps, i will normally be running inside on carpet with biggish jumps and kickers.

Cheers
Mark
Old 10-10-2010

Quote:
Wish I could have a go on an x6, but no-one has one at my local club. They run cougars, or b4's! I guess I am asking the impossible really without trying one!

Whats the deal with Losi shocks, are they really necessary? If it helps, i will normally be running inside on carpet with biggish jumps and kickers.

Cheers
Mark
Many used Losi or Kyosho shocks cos they are familiar with it i guess and both these shocks stay in good shape longer after maintenance hence requiring less rebuilding compared to AE shocks. The AE shocks are good but gets gritty and rough pretty quickly especially raced on dirt/clay tracks. The new AE V2 shocks are very good though. I feel it's as good as the Losi or Kyosho shocks. Like what Tom said, the X6 is a very planted car hence it's very easy to drive and push it. It's feels very safe when driving it fast, but ultimately it all boils down to personal taste, as for me i prefer rear motor 2wd buggies cos it's more responsive and twitchy, but mid motor 2wd buggies are very good in the air though. Overall, i still find the X6 Squared a very good 2wd buggy.

My Trader Feedback
Old 10-10-2010

Quote:
Whats the deal with Losi shocks, are they really necessary?
They are not.

They are good though ,but so are the AE V2's the kit comes with, and Kyosho's RB5 shocks.
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Cool....i am slowly coming around....what else makes it better than the b4? I kind of like the idea that the motor and sensor assembly is being kept clean and dirt free inside the car....What else comes to mind.
Old 10-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

I don't think ull notice much difference on high grip carpet. Saying that since ive gone mid motor i will never go back to rear motor. I much prefere the handling and it suits my heavy thumb driving style, you can nail the throttle without it trying to spin out, but you need the grip, like on carpet. Wet weather or really worn grass and i think a rear motor still wins out.
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Cheers Ian, think I will save my cash, and stick with my b4. I am not really that aggressive, more a smoother style. I have heard its not as good when its slippy or wet.
Old 10-10-2010

Do the maths,Ashley has done very well with is X6 squared.

Team Schumacher
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Mark, we work very hard to accomplish two things at once: to make the very fastest car out there easy for the average club racer to drive. Check the Fan Mail on our website and you'll see what I mean. Most drivers report the X - 6 is easier to drive and easier to drive fast -- two different things.

The physics of it is that any mid-motor car is better over bumps and in the air than a rear-motor. That's the "pendulum effect," and it works in corners too. With a rear motor car you are waiting and watching for the back end to come around. One instant you've got plenty of traction and the next instant the front and back ends swap places. Getting the weight in front of the rear wheels means the car will be faster before it loses traction and it will loose traction in a slower, more controllable way.

In the U.S. we have dirt oval racing, and some tracks have banned the X - 6 -- it's just too fast because it's so controllable sliding sideways through sweping turns. You won't drive that way on carpet or astro, but the physics remains the same.

Rear motor cars were developed a long time ago in southern California where they were racing on sand and needed something -- anything! -- to make the car go forward. They threw away all the principles of physics to make that happen. You don't need that on astro.

Hope this helps.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Good sell Chazz! Good to see someone from the company is convincing me using maths and science . Keep them coming people.

The other reason I am interested, is that I am running a 2wd 1/16th scale car called Phat Bodies Chunk, which has some x6 components in it such as the rear gearbox, and a b4 front end with smaller shock tower. I like driving it, and was thinking that having a 10th scale which was the same would help.

I have only ran it a few times but am slowly getting it tuned in, and liking the handling.

If you want to know more about Chunk, see here:

http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...?showforum=465
Old 10-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Cheers Ian, think I will save my cash, and stick with my b4. I am not really that aggressive, more a smoother style. I have heard its not as good when its slippy or wet.
As far as im concerned going mid motor has made me quicker and more consistent. Considering i only did 4 nationals and a couple of clubs meetings this year i was amazed to get F1, i wasn't anywhere with a rear motor the years before that.
Old 10-10-2010

I used to run a b4 at my local club and i did ok with it. Then i bought an X6 off a fellow club member and i reckon it's made me a lap quicker. I keep thinking about buying a Cougar but i just can't seem to part with the X6 i love it. I say go for it you won't regret it. It certainley won't be any worse .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 10-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mark, before you splash your cash come over and have a chat with me at the next Hereford meeting (if I'd have known on friday I'd have let you have a look in the boot )
Old 11-10-2010

I found the X6 very consistent to drive, which meant I could concentrate on driving better lines which resulted in me being faster over the full 5 minutes.