Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 03-02-2015

Default Winter Series

Last night seen Round 1 of our 5 from 8 winter series A rather quiet night by recent standards though still with 3 heats getting 4 Q and a 2 leg final each.
Trev set the pace for most of the night with only Pikey Ingham giving him any competition. My night was ruined by me – no excuses just me unable to drive a couple of corners - though I think a front diff rebuild might be desperately needed it was basically bad driving L
And I think Ian was in the same boat.

Hopefully a few more next week for round 2.

Good to see Kevin back from Aycliffe with ful spike buggy tyres giving him a much better handling car.
Old 17-02-2015

Round 3 of the winter race series last night and good numbers and grip continue – as does Trev’s dominance in the TC class. No idea what he’s done to either his car or thumbs but he was un-touchable last night finishing one final ¾ of a lap ahead of SECOND place!

Good to see another new racer in the buggy class with Chris racing for the first time though having a few teething troubles with his car.

As for me, I’m just looking forward to next week as I cant remember when I drove as bad as I did last night, in fact I’m not sure I ever have!

Oh and any of you looking for a TC – Nev’s selling his TC6.1 and a bit as he’s upgraded. Its £80, non negotiable. Interested contact him, not me nigel.johnson@heraeus.com

See you next week
Old 19-03-2015

Round 7 of 8 last night seen the excellent levels of grip continue. The usual 4 quali and 2 leg finals for both TC and Buggies seen some very close racing and a very quiet night for the marshals with very few being called into action – maybe just as well as marshal positioning left a bit to be desired.

Anyway good numbers with Lee Freeman joining the buggies again along with Scowen for a change of scenery and Trev later in the night following a failure on his TC after leading the way for the first 2 rounds with tremendous pace.

Also a flying visit by Screamer promising to join us racing in a few weeks.
Old 24-03-2015

Well a decent turn out again for the climax of the winter series, 2 TC heats and a busy buggy heat all getting the usual 4 Q and 2 leg final.

While Trev tied up the TC win a few weeks back, second place went down to the second leg of the last final with only 2 points in it. Close in the Buggy class as well with Richie Junior taking the win ahead of Paul Ainscow.

Looking at the results its been a few weeks since some of you lot turned up so get yourselves back next Monday for some top racing.

And don’t forget buggy drivers, if you want some jumps feel free to put some out during track setup.

Also just a reminder it would be nice to have EVERYONE helping with putting the track away – particularly those who don’t arrive in time to set it ip!