Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 06-12-2009

Looks like a brand new car again. Good Job!
I guess those duratrax wheels are the only ones you could find
that would fit the old style hexes.
Old 07-12-2009

Thanks, there is still more work to be done, some of the parts I put back on will be replaced, its just I have only so much work space, so I put it together to keep the parts together, and to make room for my B44 thats coming!!!

I could use the rb5 wheels or these duratrax ones will work, I think they will look pretty good.
RC boats that put my cars to shame in speed!
Old 07-12-2009

You will like the B44, I try to race mine as much as I can.
I have a boatload of new parts I'll be putting on mine soon.

Will you be racing the Ultima as well?
I assume you'll be going to the Vintage Nationals 2010 to race it.
I saw all the videos to the 2009 race on youtube.
Old 08-12-2009

I won't be racing either. I would love to race, but I can't find any tracks in my area, I am still on the quest to find tracks, I have a source that says there may be one about 40 min drive. I'm in FT Bragg, NC USA if you know any tracks. I really missed my losi xxx4 that I had, I never raced it but it was fun to drive. I know that the B44 is a great car from what I read, and I would like to be prepared to race once I find a track, I have a t4 ready to go if there are no 4wd classes.

I would like to go to the vintage nationals, I don't even know where that is, I will have to check that out on youtube for sure!!!
Old 08-12-2009

Default Original Ultima Rollcage assembly....

Where the hell can I find one....maybe two.

I have an Ultima (turbo I think?) that I want to do up an original body for, possibly two.
Getting repro bodies is easy enough, but I can't find the rollcages anywhere.
Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2009

I've been browsing the ebay to see what is the most rarest part to find
for the original ultima. Back in the 80's my uncle raced one in modified and stock. I would like to see if I can find one cheap enough to restore, as kinda like a side project down the road.
Old 15-12-2009

After what seemed like years, it finially arived. Now I need turnbuckles.

Old 16-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbanghart View Post
i have a kyosho ultima thats all original with the box its super clean like new condition can any one tell me whats it worth here some pics thanks john

That Ultima was my first car, god that brings back good memories! I was just 14 at the time and had to save for nearly a year to buy everything (the car was about £90 at the time, early 90's) I remember drooling over pictures of it for months until the day I bought it and took it home and built it. I raced it at Batley buggy club in West Yorks and on the polished floor it understeered like mad. Coming last, or as near as makes no difference to last, I soon got bored and sold it wished I hadn't now. Have never touched a model car since but now I'm looking to get back into it soon. (sorry for interupting the thread this is my first post and just finding my feet on here).

Gav
Old 30-12-2009

ere it is with the wheels on, I am really starting to like how it is turning out!!! It looks pretty good even with that broken up trashed body that I repaired and painted, I may paint the new one similar once I get to that point. I still need the turnbuckles. I may try the RB5 ones as I found lunsford ones all the time on ebay for about $25, I just have to check lunsfords site to see their lengths.

I may need some low proflie wheel nuts for the front because they don't thread on far enough to hit the nylon part. But I may leave them alone, they will stay on.
Old 03-01-2010

...Looking good mate, looking good! (I'm quite jealous really )
Old 04-01-2010

Thanks, I hope to finish it soon, money is sort of going to my other projects at the moment.
Old 15-01-2010

Here is more progress, here you can see the spacers are available seperately, and how you put one on each side of the hub which makes perfect fit. I also installed RPM blue nylon nuts, mostly because I only needed one, but decided for a little more personallity, the only thing is the socket size used for them is 1/4 instead of metric like all the other nuts, but they are for 4/40 or 3mm, so they are fine. I also replaced most of the rest of the screws except for the front shock tower mouning screws because I don't want to take it off until I get a replacement tower, and the trans case screws because I don't feel like cutting them right now.

It really is starting to come together, still need turnbuckles, tires, new body and cage, shock rebuild parts, shock mount bushing, and shock end, new towers. I'm very pleased how its looking, and the trans is silky smooth unlike before it was nasty feeling.

Old 26-01-2010

Sorry guys, I was just trying something out.

Old 06-02-2010

Got some tires glued up. I have a pic of the tires in the package, but my camera died, so these pics are from my phone, so forgive the quality.

I must say that the losi tires are superbly molded, not flashing, and the letters on the sidewall are crisp, I have seen some proline tires that were not molded very well, like excessive flashing, letters not crisp-fading into the sidewall barely readable, proline are great tires don't get me wrong, but the losi quality is top notch.

I was hoping the front would be more low profile of a tire, but I think it will look ok once I am able to adjust camber.

It may be a while before I update because I just bought a new car, so gotta recover from that ( a real 1:1 car - 05 Nissan Pathfinder LE = really nice!)
Old 30-04-2010

Talking This is the exact info I needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The bodyshell, part number UM18, is still listed as available to order from Kyosho Europe, price is £18.10

As an alternative there is a replica Turbo Ultima body available here

The rear axles use standard 12mm hex drives, so a lot of wheels are available from Tamiya, Academy and Kyosho that will fit on there.

The front axles are the tricky ones, with the axle being 4mm. For my Ultima I use HPI front wheel adapters that let me use 4 x 8mm wheel bearings with Tamiya front wheels that have an 11mm hole.

Alternatively to use 5mm axles get the uprights and axles from the Tower Hobbies ST-15

To fit Associated or Losi front wheels
replace the front axles with Kyosho Ultima RB axles, part numbers RS26 front wheel shaft and RS3 knuckle arm, changes the axles to US size which means the wheels and US size bearings will fit straight on.

If you need any spare wishbones and Kyosho have no more, then take a look at the Tower Hobbies ST-15 parts list as it uses identical wishbones and suspension mounts.

Shock clamps are very hard to come by and the correct ones are very expensive to buy. I use a set of shock clamps from a Kyosho Raider buggy. I picked up the complete buggy for less than the price of the Ultima shock rebuild kits, and the raider clamps are a much stronger design.
I have been killing myself trying to find a bearing that will go into an HPI MT Mesh wheel and fit my vintage ultima front hub (imposable)
Old 02-05-2010

Could you explain yourself a bit please? Maybe put a detail picture in your post too and some dimensions.
If these are the old star wheels ; they came with a set of adapters to let you put the right bearing for your car.
Old 05-05-2010

I also have a vintage ultima in good working order, if anyone wants to buy it let me know. Few spares around as well like extra wheels suspension parts, undertray, all will go together though as I know how hard the spares are to get. Sensible offers considered, I'm in Cheshire UK.
Old 26-07-2010

hi if you still got it i'm highly interested