Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-03-2017

Unhappy Issues with sky RC Toro 1s

I have been using this ESC for around a year with no issues at all. Recently installed new (Futaba) radio gear and now the Speedo will not work.

I've tried calibrating it to the new radio gear as per the Speedo instructions but all it will do is flash a slow green led with associated beep. Is it time for a new Speedo or can any help me get this running again?

Thank you!
Old 18-03-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that sounds like it's not under control of the receivers signal. if you put a servo in the throttle channel, does it move with the throttle?

check the Speedo lead and plug to receiver for breakage. check the direction of the throttle channel, and ensure all end points are reset 100%. on the speedo program box set the neutral range to default. 80us. recalibrate speedo.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-03-2017

Wink

I am an idiot...I have changed to a Futaba 4pk and it had a function to turn on the screen without transmitting signal....No idea why...But it does. I had the switch the wrong way on the transmitter! DOH!! However....the ESC now works but in reverse....i.e. when i pull the trigger for forwards it runs backwards and vice versa. Tried reversing the channel and still the same...Any thoughts anyone?
Old 18-03-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah buy a Sanwa
I assume you haven't reversed the speedo direction?
I don't know how futaba menu's work to be able to direct you, sorry
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 18-03-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 18-03-2017

All sorted...Turns out that the throttle channel needs to be reversed. Boom