Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20-12-2008
Mini-JT Mini-JT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Default ....

....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 20-12-2008
ShredSLED's Avatar
ShredSLED ShredSLED is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-JT View Post
Damm that is one nice Buggy Champ ! Great work

The issues you are having with the Mamba may be down to out of date firmware. When I got my Mamba 25 and 5400Kv motor for my Mini-T I was super disapointed but after buying the Castle Link (£20) and updating the firmware via my PC the Mamba is amazingly good Well worth doing and the latest software update gives you lots of extra settings to play with. My ESC came with 1.06 firmware installed and now has 1.20

Hey, thanks for the props! She's my new favorite, that's for sure! I've still got just a few more parts on the way for it, just to give it the finishing touch. Then, it's just a matter of driving her hard and see how long it lasts!

Anyway, yes, one thing on the way to me at the moment is a castle link! Definitely going to do the firmware update and some tuning tweaks. I think they are much needed.

Also, I think I found the main problem to be interference between this brushless system and the OEM Tamiya expec AM propo/reciever equipment.
Ahhhh... this is pretty frustrating. I just dropped some coin on more of this mod stuff for the little TTG's, but now I've got to find some cash somewhere for a new propo and a couple of recievers for them. yikes.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 21-12-2008
Mini-JT Mini-JT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Default ....

....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-01-2009
ShredSLED's Avatar
ShredSLED ShredSLED is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Alright, a few updates...
Just spent that past weekend in a friends greenhouse making a basic track to rip around on and whatnot.... Well, I must have been antsy to open her up because I drove the ol' GB-02 probably the hardest she's been driven in the past year and half. Broke the front bumper and front section of the lower susp. mount (which are actually VERY stout pieces). I also snapped off the rear body mount, which is the second one I've broken. And, the top headlights popped out on the first crash, but I typically take them out when driving and just put them in my pocket because they always pop out. Not a big deal.
I honestly think the cold temperature was the main factor in the ease of parts snapping, due to being more brittle compared to warmer temps when I usually drive it (crash it!).
Very surprised more didn't break actually!

So, after getting home a bit earlier I decided she needed some TLC and I sat down and made her a nice custom front bumper and skid plate. I used some old parts from a Mini-T, a dremel, and a drill.
I also made a rear wing mount for a 3Racing wing. Even though I don't necessarily like wings, nor did I think the Buggy Champ would look good with one, I thought that maybe the wing could take the brunt of crash forces off of that rear body mount that keeps snapping. Now after seeing it, I do actually think it looks decent with a wing on the Buggy Champ though.
Also, one nice touch, I managed to make this wing mount so the Buggy Champ body is still removeable, which is not possible with a stock TamTech wing mount, nor the 3Racing alu. wing mount. Those pieces are meant for a body that does not wrap around the rear of the chassis, like Desert Gator and Fox for example.

And, one important note, NONE of these mods altered the original GB-02 in any way that would prevent me from putting it all back to 100% original in just a matter of minutes. A very good thing the way I see it because I absolutely love an original GB-02!

Oh, also I managed to drill out some of the DP "Sedan" 1/10 scale wheel adapters for the front of the GB-02. Sorry, no pics of them alone. It was much harder than I imagined. I snapped two in half. They get so soft when thinning down, and almost near impossible to clamp or hold!
I just picked up these Jaco wheels about a week ago at a LHS, so I thought I'd see what they look like on the Tamtech with my new converters. Looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, the front rims rub juuuust a hair on the steering knuckle when turning hard. I'll either have to look for a rim with a different offset, or try to manufacture some sort of spacer to fit the axle.
Anyway, check out the photos. I think the Buggy Champ is lookin' pretty lean and mean racer style now with this basic make-over. Amazing how much different something can look with just a few alterations. I took the headlights off for the racer look in these photos, but they will go back on with the dirt tires!





This is actually 2 Mini-T front skid plates stacked up. The plastic black one fits PERFECT in between the clearances there, but I decided to add the silver alu. one just for bling for the moment, and maybe it would slide a bit better and front heavy landings.




looks factory...


perfect steering clearance:

Let's hear what you think! more to come still... but this is it for Stage R3.2, haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com