Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 10-03-2010

Default US Durango Owners

Hello I would like to get setup information from US owners for outdoor tracks. What tires, gearing ect? Im just building my kit and I would like to know what spares should I buy? What diff oils should I have in my box?

Thanks
Ray
Old 11-03-2010

Diff oil choice depends on your track/personal preference. But, you might consider stocking drive pins (or make your own), a marine quality gear grease, thread lock, a spur or two, axle nuts, servo saver, a-arms (if the track is fast and tight, and your driving is fast and loose! LOL!), and wings, if you can't keep it "shiny-side-up". Might also, get an appropriate set of springs for your track/driving style.
I was lucky, and bought a used kit that had almost every spare, and all the option parts, too. I've replaced about 6 parts so far, and had all of them in the spares box. I make my own pins from steel rod, purchased from the LHS. $2 for three rods at 3ft each, makes a lot of pins!
Until we get a US distributor, and the LHS's begin stocking TD parts, you can get great service directly from TD. I've ordered from TD twice, for wheels, and to replace the spares I used, and it never takes more than 3 days.
Old 11-03-2010

other than pins, which every company makes, i cant break it! so just get the traditional odds and ends.........arms, hubs, hinge pins and shock shafts, and all of the little bushings for the hinge pins and front knuckles.........I would get like 12 spurs, because they like to let loose at the worst times i have found, and they are unique to the durango

Xray - Durango - Futaba - Tekin
Old 11-03-2010

Cool I will start ordering parts, how does the buggy handle on larger tracks? I will be racing on a large track.
Old 11-03-2010

if it is a large, US style track. . . . . . . . . awesome. . . . . . . . (/speechless) throw as much motor at it as you dare - you will fold under the power before it will

Old 11-03-2010

Tires?
Old 11-03-2010

track specific - - - it depends on the soil. My track is a sandy clay and i run JC Double Dee's all around - - - - Any JC, Proline, and occasionally Losi tires seems to be whats most popular in the US, but it really depends on the track.

Old 11-03-2010

What part of the States are you in, Joe? I'm in TX. San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Dallas. I know of only 3, possibly 4 people in this area that have the 410's right now. Annonymous being one of them. What about your area?
Old 11-03-2010

So far I am the only one in Il with a 410! I will be running my car at the US Nationals.
Old 12-03-2010

I'm probably the closest 410 owner to you. I'm up in milwaukee and regularly attend S&N's Trackside(which I'm at right now). Depending on my schedule I would like to attend that race too.
Old 12-03-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

I really want one. Did you guys order direct or buy second-hand from the fellas here?
Old 12-03-2010

I purchaced my buggy new from a team driver.
Old 12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstring View Post
I'm probably the closest 410 owner to you. I'm up in milwaukee and regularly attend S&N's Trackside(which I'm at right now). Depending on my schedule I would like to attend that race too.
Thats cool what tires do you think I should buy for my buggy? and what parts should I purchase to have in my box. Ive raced at Trackside before, how do you lik the buggy at your track?
Old 12-03-2010

What batt packs will fit in the 410?
Old 14-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Thats cool what tires do you think I should buy for my buggy? and what parts should I purchase to have in my box. Ive raced at Trackside before, how do you lik the buggy at your track?

I use Losi pink Bk-bars in the rear and either pink tapers / jconcepts gold barcodes in the front. Trackside is a little small for such a beast weighing 240grams more than legal. But is still such a great car with a LOT of steering. Dont be discouraged off the bat, the car has a bit of a front weight bias with running lipos over NIMH. So steering, front tire wear, and rear twitchyness will be on the high side. It drives really good when the traction is high however. I'm still playing with dampening as the team setups over seas seams to be too light.
Old 14-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstring View Post
I use Losi pink Bk-bars in the rear and either pink tapers / jconcepts gold barcodes in the front. Trackside is a little small for such a beast weighing 240grams more than legal. But is still such a great car with a LOT of steering. Dont be discouraged off the bat, the car has a bit of a front weight bias with running lipos over NIMH. So steering, front tire wear, and rear twitchyness will be on the high side. It drives really good when the traction is high however. I'm still playing with dampening as the team setups over seas seams to be too light.
I purchaced the weight set for the buggy, are you using the weights? Do they solve the front weight bias? I will be racing my buggy outdoors so I might try a lighter setup. Yeah Trackside has a pretty sticky indoor tack so i think tires might be different I will have to do some testing with tires for a loose hardpacked track.
Old 14-03-2010

I found that using the rear and side weights on a tight indoor clay track, caused the rear to slide out, or pendulum too much. Removing the rear, and keeping the sides helped a little, but removing the weights completely made the car more agile, predictable, and planted in corners. Try with/without to see what works best for you.
Note: My 410 seems to favor a dry, loose, rough surface. When other cars can't find traction, the 410 is very stable, and smooth. High traction, smooth surfaces give other cars a bit more equal footing.
Old 14-03-2010

are you going to be racing your buggy outdoors? If so how much will your setup change? Also hat type of tires will you use?

I going to try the Worlds SA setup, im going to start with losi red tappers and as the weather gets hotter I will go to a JC or Proline tire.
Old 16-03-2010

Almost ready!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 410 001.jpg (126.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 410 002.jpg (135.0 KB, 63 views)