Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2011

Old 05-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco-Panda View Post
Nope a bit of harmful banter Mr Tony
I know mate - Been driving for 20 plus years and I had to apologise to Tony when I saw the vid - didn't mean that of course - he did sort of STOP at the corner though - LOL
Old 05-09-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Disco-Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I know mate - Been driving for 20 plus years and I had to apologise to Tony when I saw the vid - didn't mean that of course - he did sort of STOP at the corner though - LOL
yeah its all good

Theres no subsitute for Pie!

C-Cup

Xbox Gamertag: JoeyCcup
Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

I prefere bulldozer

I can get away with it as tony knocked me out the A final
Old 05-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks to all involved with running the meeting. Competition was really tough but had a great weekend. Kudos to local hero Ibbo, impresive stuff.

Rich

See My Feedback

Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

Thanks 2 all at silverstone! Good track if alittle 2 bumpy at the end of the straight but still didnt stop me comming again for a second year!

Well done!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

Default Big thanks...

I would like to say thanks to all those who helped this weekend.

Storey, Ralph, Pupton (track is closed!!!), Scotty,Evdo, Poults, Ibbo, The Williams bro's and various others who i have forgotten. Think we managed to pull off another good event and people enjoyed themselves.
I am sure Mowen is gutted he couldn't have raced at his home track, maybe next year when we hold a national ???

Also well done to all the winners from each class, some great driving all weekend.

Lastly, big thanks to the BRCA team and CML Distribution. I think the juniors should be helped as much as possible at these meetings and CML have done just that this year.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
guys are the results posted anywhere...
this +1
Old 07-09-2011

Stuart will get the results up on the BRCA website when he can I'm sure.

In the meantime can anyone confirm the Sunday winners please?
I see Conner won the U16 and TT won the F2, but need to know the U13 (Jack again?) and Vet winners...
Old 07-09-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think springer won vets
Old 07-09-2011

Hi Keith
Jack Neal (Schumacher) won the U13's having been kept extremely honest by a fast charging Callum Niblett (Durango) who won the second A final leg. Daniel Town (Durango) was third in all 3 A legs.

Alex Springer (Tamiya) retained his 4wd Vets title from Phill Channon (Mat Dodd Special) who won the first A leg.
Regards
Charlie.
Old 07-09-2011

Old 08-09-2011

Default JUNIOR NATIONAL

I had a great time at this event, well done to Connor and Ash, they were in a different league.
Still I managed a 5th in 2wd and a 3rd in 4wd, which has rounded off a good season for me.
Even better than that Schumacher have been in touch and I've signed my contract for a C team drive so a good week all round.
Some of the threads on this subject seem to indicate that the juniors should not have their shot in the lime light. We need to do more not less to promote the juniors,as there is a severe lack of juniors coming through. Don't forget we are the future of this sport. The world has changed and most of my mates would rather play the PS3 than start racing.
I have not got the solution but we need to encourage more juniors not less.

Huge thanks to Schumacher for promoting me as a junior and I will continue to try and get more mates involved.

AARON LEVEN
SCHUMACHER TEAM DRIVER
Old 08-09-2011

Well said Aaron, I was going to point out earlier in the thread that at least 2 U16's and 1 U13 that I noticed put qualifying times in that would have put them A8 or above in the F2's.
Nothing wrong with "Junior" racing on that score!
Old 08-09-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

well done arron, you drove great at the weekend mate,
we only turned up on sunday to help out, the whole meeting and track ran and looked great big well done to all involved
Old 08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronX6 View Post
I had a great time at this event, well done to Connor and Ash, they were in a different league.
Still I managed a 5th in 2wd and a 3rd in 4wd, which has rounded off a good season for me.
Even better than that Schumacher have been in touch and I've signed my contract for a C team drive so a good week all round.
Some of the threads on this subject seem to indicate that the juniors should not have their shot in the lime light. We need to do more not less to promote the juniors,as there is a severe lack of juniors coming through. Don't forget we are the future of this sport. The world has changed and most of my mates would rather play the PS3 than start racing.
I have not got the solution but we need to encourage more juniors not less.

Huge thanks to Schumacher for promoting me as a junior and I will continue to try and get more mates involved.

AARON LEVEN
SCHUMACHER TEAM DRIVER
Nicely put Aaron.... Callum normally races 1/8th Nitro and there is no recognition for the U13 age group, as you will appreciate there is a big difference between being 11 (Callums age) and 17 when it comes to pace (although this is getting closer!) This was the first such event that we have been to and enjoyed it a lot... hope to see you next year!

Nibbo & Son
Old 10-09-2011

How much longer are we likely to have to wait to see results? I still want a look at my laptimes from the finals as they were never posted on the results board.
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexuk View Post
How much longer are we likely to have to wait to see results? I still want a look at my laptimes from the finals as they were never posted on the results board.
There is an access issue on BRCA.ORG. Hopefully that will sorted out tonight.
Results will be posted ASAP rest assured.
Final results were posted on the board both days, so if you didn't see them, someone took them away with them.

Stuart
Old 10-09-2011

Angry

Thanks for the update on the BRCA website, is that a reason why they couldn't be published elsewhere? Is it right that there are even videos on youtube before results are published? Two weeks have passed now, the results of the last round of the Schumacher BTCC series at Mendip last weekend were available to all by the Monday night 24hr later, along with full championship positions. Every laptime of every competitor for the whole season! That, and it isn't even a BRCA National lol

Personally, I like to return to my pit, after marshalling, via the timesheets. At this meeting even the relatively straightforward qualifying heats were not posted at this time. I could see them on the printer in race control. More than once when I offered to help by posting them on the wall I was told I couldn't.

I went to the results board on several occasions as the finals were playing out and never caught sight of any of the A finals on the wall. I imagine they were needed by the timekeeper to calculate the overall result after the third legs, I wouldn't agree that is a good enough reason not to post them though. It's very difficult for a competitor to check his finishing position and calculate what he needs to achieve in a future leg if they aren't posted.

All the single leg finals stayed on the board upto and after the trophy presentation, somebody must have been being particularly selfish if, as you suggest, they nicked off with them before the meeting ended. Sorry to disagre Stuart but this is how I saw it and how it affected me.

Last edited by reflexuk; 10-09-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Smelling pistakes
Old 10-09-2011
Mad Member

FYI

The results were posted on the board after races, I wasn't racing but helping out a young lad. Managed to see all results, the reason the results are held back is due to the following: they need to be checked and signed off, plus some may need changing.

Normal procedure in off road, probably why it is classed as the most successful section in the brca.
Stuart has said there was an issue with the brca website which has not allowed him to post them, this will be the only place they are posted.

C'mon stu it has been nearly a week now let's see where we finished... How did we survive without internet??
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
FYI

The results were posted on the board after races, I wasn't racing but helping out a young lad. Managed to see all results, the reason the results are held back is due to the following: they need to be checked and signed off, plus some may need changing.

Normal procedure in off road, probably why it is classed as the most successful section in the brca.
Stuart has said there was an issue with the brca website which has not allowed him to post them, this will be the only place they are posted.

C'mon stu it has been nearly a week now let's see where we finished... How did we survive without internet??
Thanks John.

FYI.
Just spent the last 2 hours working with the BRCA Webmaster to sort out the issues.
Results are now online (hopefully).

Enjoy.

Stuart.