Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 06-08-2012
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claspers View Post
Any advice on metal servos ? Savox look to be about £50. Any decent mid range options for 20-40 do u think?
If you don't want to stretch to £40, you can get the metal geared Bluebird 631 for around £25 from ebay. I know a couple of people who ran these and they had no issues. Either that or its look out for a second hand KO or Sanwa unit.
Old 06-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
Another vote for the savox low profile servo. I have two, they are faultless.

A cheaper alternative might be this:
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-u...roducts/359810
not sure about being used in 2wd buggy, but I've known people use them in GT12 cars and they are ok. I'd consider one if on a budget.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-08-2012

Talking Alturn

I use an Alturn servo just as fast as a Savox and only £32 from modelsport.
Old 07-08-2012

Great advice all thank you. Took a punt in the low profile savox. The guy in mb said it isn't as strong as the larger one but for my use and level it sounds perfect. Thanks all. Now the build begins! Will also bob down in Sunday I think to watch the race cheers
Old 07-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Great advice all thank you. Took a punt in the low profile savox. The guy in mb said it isn't as strong as the larger one but for my use and level it sounds perfect. Thanks all. Now the build begins! Will also bob down in Sunday I think to watch the race cheers
Yes they are great in MB.

The low profile savox are perfect for 2wd. It's just in higher torque applications, like 4wd or trucks where you may get problems or gear strips. you'll be fine.

Sunday is a 4wd regional, so only 4wd cars will be running.

The next club meeting is the 19th, so hopefully see you then with your new car built and running.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-08-2012

Build is going ok but not looking like I will be finished in time for Sunday sadly. Whats the format for club days? Is it just turn up and try the track or do you run races?
Old 14-08-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to AndyG

it's four qualifying races, and then a final - same for everybody.

Very relaxed days, and very well run.

Plenty to people knocking about who will gladly help you - I would if i were there, but I'll be on hold. Look out for likes of Steve Kirk, Andy Shillito, Colin Gill - all run Durangos and are helpful guys.

Andy
Old 15-08-2012

Thanks Andy appreciate that. I'm up to the diff and gearbox build but busy life is getting in the way of the build! Must spend more time at my desk building can't wait to get it finished
Old 20-08-2012

So I'm on the scrounge for advice again. Looking at an 8.5 Turkish motor and esc .. Brushless ... To finish off the build. Any recommendations that people favour to put me into the lower end races at Batley? Decided to not to cannibalise my tc and treat my self to a lower end brushless instead. Anything up to £80 for a set would be about right (esc and motor). Staring to do my research but as usual, advice is the best research
Old 20-08-2012

When I say Turkish....I mean turn! Of course
Old 20-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

In that price range I'd look at the speed passion clubman motors, MB do them:

Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman Version 3.0 Sensor Motor 8.5R
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...otor-8-5r.html
£34.99
Its not going to be at hot as a £70-£80 top spec 8.5T, but can't go wrong for that money. or you could look at second hand, but most likely used (and maybe abused).

Speedo's for £45-50, i'd be looking on the for sale section of oople for something used but decent spec, rather than new for cheap. Cheaper speedo's tend to have >8T motor and current limits. But if you want new, go see MB models and they will have something. Otherwise its ebay or giantshark for hobbywing xerun or hobbyking.com.

Club meeting on sunday, hope to see you there.
Old 21-08-2012

Bullistorm 120 amp on eBay keep your eye out for them between £25-£40 dependant. Just a speed passion copy but have all the specs of a top ESC.
Old 21-08-2012
Admin

Not seen the Bullistorm's for less than £45-50 recently

As Neal said, with that sort of budget, a used speedo is the way to go. The older Sphere LRP (or Nosram Equivalent) and Novak GTB's are still OK and sell for £30-40 usually.

As for a motor, if you can get one off someone you trust, I'd go for a higher spec used unit. If not, try squeeze the budget to £50ish for a new high end one. I have in the past bought new budget motors, and never been impressed with the length of time they lasted before needing replacing. I think the HPI ones are around £50 new or I have seen Team Wave ones (These are a Relabelled Version 2 Speed Passion unit AFAIK) for around £40 new.
Old 21-08-2012

Yeah the hpi flux are £52 at moment in MB models that's a good price.
Old 21-08-2012

Yeah had a look at the flux, looks good so that's a good bet for a motor...now just got to do the esc hunt for 30/40 ish. Thanks for advice
Old 24-08-2012

Having a heck of a job finding any of those esc s on eBay or here. Any other quality options
U could recommend ?
Old 24-08-2012

Hobbywing ezrun 120a any good?
Old 25-08-2012
Admin

yeah, the're fine. I have the V2.1 unit and its OK

(be careful as some of the HW 120A's are designed for bigger stuff like SC @ 1/8, you want the 1/10 version)

Last edited by Oscar; 25-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
As Neal said, with that sort of budget, a used speedo is the way to go. The older Sphere LRP (or Nosram Equivalent) and Novak GTB's are still OK and sell for £30-40 usually.
I have 2 GTB's one in the 2wd and one in the 4wd and they are both great and have never let me down. For the price you can get them now well worth buying
Old 25-08-2012
Admin

Quote:
Having a heck of a job finding any of those esc s on eBay or here. Any other quality options
U could recommend ?
You need to be fast on oOple, you missed these this week
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108497
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108404

Not much on ebay at the moment, just this one which includes a motor
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOSRAM-MAT...item4169952bd2

These are the Bullistorm units http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4003087105...84.m1423.l2649

If you're a gambler, these Inix units look like another Hobbywing copy just like the Bullistorm. No idea if they are OK or not, maybe someone else has used them and could comment?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INIX-RACIN...item27ca73e9fb