Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Hello all.

So is the ppl still happy with there Vampire SR1+?

Best Regards.
Raced mine last night, i have to mention the brakes! There so progressive its like you can feel the actuation of the thing sweeeeet.
Old 28-10-2013

Actually I am really struggling with the brakes on my SR1+ as they seem massively overpowered no matter where I set the initial brake.

I've just about coped with the powerful braking (set on 1 = 10% initial brake) during the summer but yesterday in the wet it was undriveable. I experimented between 1-10 but it seems to make no difference whatsover... I know I'm not blessed with the most sensitive thumbs but pulling the stick back a couple of mm immediately locks up the rear end (2WD buggy)

BTW I'm not finding the instructions the most detailed in the world. If I want to set the brakes to 0% it says set it for zero flashes. Well there are never zero flashes it only ever starts at one. I assume eleven flashes = zero???

I even put a lot of negative curve on the braking through the tranny but that made only a little difference. Does anyone else suffer from the same issue with this esc?

There seems to very little after market support. The Vampire site has been 'coming soon' for at least 6 months now. How do we find out about software updates if they exist?

Don't get me wrong I love this speedo (apart from my braking issue) its so simple and most settings do exactly as they say on the tin.
Old 28-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

Sorry to hear of your issues with the brakes, this is the first time we have heard this and in fact most others comment on just how smooth and progressive they are.

What radio are you using and what EPA setting do have set at present, if any?

For any support you need here in the UK, please feel free to come back to us, since we are the UK distributor for Vampire and we will help out in any way that we can. Sven and his team at Vampire are aware of the need to get the all new website launched asap and also acknowledge it has been down for way too long already. I have seen a preview of the new site and it is very impressive, they just need ot get it live now...

There have not been (since there has been no requirement to date) any updates to the firmware of the SR1 or SR1+ so dont worry you are not missing out on anything.

Regards, Darren - X-Factory UK
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 29-10-2013

Hi Darren,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm sure we can sort this out

I have an Exzes X and I will check the EPA's tomorrow.

BTW is this correct?

If I want to set the brakes to 0% it says set it for zero flashes. Well there are never zero flashes it only ever starts at one. I assume eleven flashes = zero???

Thanks

M.

Last edited by maineyak; 29-10-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added info
Old 29-10-2013

Checked through my tranny settings and my EPA for brakes was set at 103% Is that going to make much difference? Reset to 100% anyway.

Can I just run this by you again?

If I want to set the initial brake to 0% the instructions say set it for zero flashes. Seems there are never zero flashes it only ever starts at one.

However the instructions say there is a maximum of 10 flashes per category but I count 11 flashes as max for Auto and initial brake categories. I assume 11 flashes = 0% then?

Initial brake is how aggressive the brake force is I guess. If I set it to 0 should I have no brakes?
Old 29-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineyak View Post
Checked through my tranny settings and my EPA for brakes was set at 103% Is that going to make much difference? Reset to 100% anyway.

Can I just run this by you again?

If I want to set the initial brake to 0% the instructions say set it for zero flashes. Seems there are never zero flashes it only ever starts at one.

However the instructions say there is a maximum of 10 flashes per category but I count 11 flashes as max for Auto and initial brake categories. I assume 11 flashes = 0% then?

Initial brake is how aggressive the brake force is I guess. If I set it to 0 should I have no brakes?
EPA to 100% will help slightly, but your other settings are your problem

If you look at the chart in the manual there are 11 settings per mode, since 0 is the first then there are ten more (hence 11), by setting to 11 flashes you are on 100% brake as soon as you pull back on the stick, try 2 or 3 to start with (standard) which will be 10 or 20% initial then progressively working up to 100% through the stick downward travel.

Menu 0 should not be confused with 0 flashes.

The less flashes, the less initial brake you will have....

Hope that helps
Old 29-10-2013

erm... ok

So you are saying Menu 0 is 1 flash and Menu 1 is 2 flashes so on up Menu 10 is 11 flashes. That is so confusing for a start

Hang on that can't be right because I have my Battery type set at 1 flash (which you are saying is Menu 0) which according to the chart has no setting at all.

So are you saying to set your battery type as Lipo 2S (Menu 1) you need 2 flashes?

Confused.....
Old 29-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

Battery selection does not have 10 settings though ;-)

My reply specifically referred to the brake setting you asked about, try it and see how you get on......

The flashes are counted for the 1st option in each menu, so if you have 5 options, the 5th flash is the 5th option. In the case of brakes, 0% intial brake is the first option, it is one flash, simple really....
Old 29-10-2013

Arr... I get it now.... So menu number and number of flashes are actually the same - apart from when talking about brakes.....

Unfortunately that isn't the answer though. I've been running initial brake on 1 flash all season (still locks up) and only tried 11 flashes in desperation on Sunday as I thought it might turn initial brake off altogether.

To be honest I find no difference between 1 or 11 flashes affecting the brakes.

M.
Old 29-10-2013
Mad Member

Have you tried turning your brake endpoint down after speedo is set? If you are running your brake endpoint on 100% try experimenting by turning it down and see how you get on.

Also, is there no setting box for this speedo? I have the Yokomo version of this and it's superb. The settings box makes it really simple to set up.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 29-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Arr... I get it now.... So menu number and number of flashes are actually the same - apart from when talking about brakes.....

Unfortunately that isn't the answer though. I've been running initial brake on 1 flash all season (still locks up) and only tried 11 flashes in desperation on Sunday as I thought it might turn initial brake off altogether.

To be honest I find no difference between 1 or 11 flashes affecting the brakes.

M.
The setting is only for initial brake (the amount your braking starts at) not brake power (if that makes sense).

Also make sure that the ESC is re-set (now that ther EPA has moved) and make sure that full brake is set to only reach at full stick travel also.

Also, check at what point of stick tavel you LED lights up on full brakes, just to confirm they are only reaching full when the stick is at the very end of the brake travel and not before

Dave - no setting box currenlty avialable from Vampire for these, all setting is done by push button
Old 29-10-2013

Hi Disco,

Yes you are right. After Darren mentioned EPA's I thought that is going to be the easy way to solve my problem. Leave the controller on 1 flash and use my tranny to set brake power.

No setting box as far as I'm aware.. I wonder if the Yokomo one will work?
Old 29-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

No setting box as far as I'm aware.. I wonder if the Yokomo one will work?
It does, but not the reverse, and extra settings (power curve) that the yok BL-Pro2 turbo seems to have. Breaks, current limit and timing advance do work.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ive seen quite a few of these being sold, any reason? People not liking them or not getting on with them?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 05-08-2014

I love my SR1+.

Infact i plan to buy another soon (well when i get a 4wd)

PS, the vampire website works now (in my sig)
Old 05-08-2014
Mad Member

Lrp or Nosram, there is none that beat them

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 06-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
I love my SR1+.

Infact I plan to buy another soon (well when i get a 4wd)

PS, the vampire website works now (in my sig)
I love them to, I have 4 of them now and an SR1 non plus version. Smooth powerful and just work.

Why are there some for sale? You know how people are, always looking for the latest and greatest kit. Moving cars each season, heard about the latest new manufacturer so switching makes etc.

Snap them up cheap when people move on. All my batteries are second hand from people who like to change each year and I am not good enough to tell the difference but like them being half price.
Old 06-08-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Lrp or Nosram, there is none that beat them

I recently purchased an SR1+ having only ever run Nosram's, personally I reckon the Vampire has smoother throttle feel and stronger, more progressive feeling brakes.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 28-05-2015

Looking at buying a new esc are people still using these?
Old 28-05-2015

Still using mine, week in, week out