*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Haha, that's amazing.
Haha, fu****g predictive typing Iphone

Sorry Chris!
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The fact we're having this conversation is good. The sport/hobby/addiction is doing well .
Old 12-02-2009
BANNED

Yeah - it's good that there will be both - and both will be well supported I'm sure.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 12-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

I really didnt mean that its game over. I mean why should me, Dad and Nick take up alot of time and effort if people are going to other meetings. I have not thrown in the towel(as Carl says) and think if I would do that I would of done it along time ago. Like I said I would love to do every weekend for you all but that is not realistic.
These meetings take up most of my weekend and that means time away from my wife and Daughter. I just want it to be wasted.
Old 12-02-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I just don't want it to be wasted.
No fear of that Stu, best winter club meetings I've ever been to so far.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Isn't that kind of like a regional series? We already have one of those in the NE.

Nick, you're a nice guy, but please can you ease off with the spamming 'book in for bury' all over oOple please? It's like spam, especially when it's in your pm box.

Ramming Bury down out throats is actually putting me off coming, and another two people have said the same to me today. Advertise it by all means, if people want to come they will.

The above is my opinion, and hope it doesn't piss you off.

Now with my NE reg rep hat on.....

The 8th of March is Batley NE regional.

G
Thanks for that...If you didnt want to piss me off you coukd have said it in a different way

All over oople??? Its in the Bury thread and then in the Batley thread... its only in there as i have said we would change the date and ive booked in to support the Supercup!

Incidently, i hadnt seen a post from you for a while so sent you a pm and a few others who have been before just to let them know Bury is on this wknd, one person actually responded to that and was gratefull for me reminding him! Somebody else appreciated a reminder as well... not on this occasion but before at a previous meet..

Im lucky at my workplace i can keep sites like this open allday.. and keep upto date, i guess others dont.. which is why during the day i put the thread back to the top of the Bury list!

If you read what i have put about a series thats what i was implying, if Bury could hold a round or to... Somebody from Bury actually suggested this to you a while ago but you have never come back to them! This could be sorted for bothwinter and summer..

So Graham.... can we join the north east series please?

If the 8th March is your North East Regional...why dont you advertise abit better?? I have supported York and will continue to... I hadnt got a clue you had a regional on the 8th..

As woOdy said before.. we may aswell call it a day at Bury,make Feb the last one.. its too much myther trying to keep everyone happy...

Meant to add... by typing this it will be rammed in everyones faces again!! So sorry everyone!
Old 12-02-2009
BANNED

It's very easy to get the wrong end of the stick with typed messages, they often read very harsh when they were not meant that way.
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Come on guys, let's all chill out eh!

Bury guys: the fact that while rearranging the March date you've accidently hit a regional date maybe suggests it really is difficult not to clash, and therefore not to think any the worse of the Batley guys!

Everyone's trying their best here, Nick definitely wasn't trying to clash, he even asked me the other week if I knew which March weekend would be best if they moved from the Supercup date! I suggested the 8th as 1st is Broxtowe, 22nd Worksop and 29th Worksop players one off. Sorry guys but I didn't know about the regional either! So this is probably partly my fault, for which I'm sorry!

Again though, look at that month, it's clash or don't run a meeting, so let's not take it personally when it clashes!!
Old 12-02-2009

Hey guys...

Sorry I won't be able to make it over to race this weekend.... But i'm working....

I must admit that I've only managed to make it over to one of the events for various reasons, but thats said I really enjoyed it...(even though it has to be a record for me, 4 non finishes in qually!!!)...

The next time it doesn't clash with work then Ill defo be there

Don't give up the good work....

JIm
Old 12-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Isn't that kind of like a regional series? We already have one of those in the NE.

Nick, you're a nice guy, but please can you ease off with the spamming 'book in for bury' all over oOple please? It's like spam, especially when it's in your pm box.

Ramming Bury down out throats is actually putting me off coming, and another two people have said the same to me today. Advertise it by all means, if people want to come they will.

The above is my opinion, and hope it doesn't piss you off.

Now with my NE reg rep hat on.....

The 8th of March is Batley NE regional.

G
No disrespect N, but in the climate of clubs dying, WE at the bury club dont want to see it go! It has been apart of our lives for a very long time. Wouldnt you fight for what you love?
We have now got the best oppotunity which every club would love, and thats a new track. We just want the drivers to come and enjoy it.
Clashes are going to happen but we hoped that as there are little drivers around then we could all understand that we are fighting for the same thing.
We have spoke to all the regional reps in the area and offered our track for there services for any meeting(indoors and out). We had no reply for indoors and I have just had one for outdoors.
At the end of the day there are only so many drivers so if they go here or there then why should here or there run a meeting if everybody is else where?
Thats all we are trying to say, sorry.
PS. This is a Bury Metro thread so let talk all about Bury Metro.
Old 12-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimarea51 View Post
Hey guys...

Sorry I won't be able to make it over to race this weekend.... But i'm working....

I must admit that I've only managed to make it over to one of the events for various reasons, but thats said I really enjoyed it...(even though it has to be a record for me, 4 non finishes in qually!!!)...

The next time it doesn't clash with work then Ill defo be there

Don't give up the good work....

JIm
Thanks Jim. Respect.
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
I was implying about the regional on 8th March at Batley.

You mention having an interclub series, is that not a like the Regional series? The same Regional series that you are going to clash with, indicating your not bothered about it?
Tom,

Just noticed this.. of course im bothered! I hadnt even got a clue a regional was on that weekend..? If i had known i wouldnt have even mentined that date! As i said in the other thread.. Bury club approached Northy to see if we could join and maybe run a regional meet for this season.. but we never heard anything back?

We want to join regions..so can you please consder us for the summer and next winter please!

I will prob do the regional at York on the 8th (i did the last one..) and may revert back to running a meet at Bury on the 12th.. we'll have to see what people want to do this sunday.. If numbers will be low because of the supercup then we wont run i guess... the hall costs a bomb to hire..

Cheers

Nick
Old 12-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
I was implying about the regional on 8th March at Batley.

You mention having an interclub series, is that not a like the Regional series? The same Regional series that you are going to clash with, indicating your not bothered about it?
Sorry Tom where was you at the last regional? I couldnt resist.
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Sorry Tom where was you at the last regional? I couldnt resist.
Petit RC, but did he have a go at them for clashing?
Old 12-02-2009
Super Moderator

Right, time to clear a few things up......

Nick, it was my opinion, am I not allowed that? As I said I was not trying to piss you off, just give you a heads up on what others have said to me - i.e. trying to help.

Indoor Regionals

The Bury venue was discussed at the CONSORTIUM meeting, and the CONSORTIUM decided that there were enough rounds without us visiting you. I'm not sure if you guys had run a meeting then (I don't think you had), so the CONSORTIUM were probably reluctant to give a somewhat 'unknown quantity' an important event. I hope you can understand that? As you know, I came across to race and look at your facility the other week so now I know (and a couple of others on the consortium) what it is like. Perhaps the decision will be different next time. So..... hopefully you see that who gets a meeting is not just up to me, I'm just the face that gets all the shit thrown at him. I'm sorry, perhaps after the meeting I should have said, thanks, but no thanks.......

The dates for our regionals have been published for some time, people who are doing the series have them noted. The individual clubs normally start a thread about their venue, rules, opening times, directions etc a few weeks before. This seems to work, no need to pimp them any more.

Woody, I respect what you are saying, I don't want to see any clubs fail, but as Nick says the hall costs money, you guys need to pay for it. I just want us to all play nice together. But you must understand as NE rep it was sort of my duty to point out the Regional. I'm sure Batley aren't doing too good at the moment (people or money wise), so it is surely in both clubs interests to make their meetings a success?

Nick, the regional on the 8th is at batley

I said the the Worksop guys last summer that I thought they had too many rounds (MY opinion, and not the BRCA's, NE or anyone elses, I told Ralph to his face). My concern was fitting everything else in around them, and not pissing anyone else off. Then Bury comes along with a great new venue that they want to use with another large series. Once we fit in Regionals around them there isn't a lot of room left for other clubs to do something or people to have a life/family outside racing. We had exactly the same last year with the outdoor regionals. I had at least one club ask us to keep the number of WEEKENDS (not rounds ) to a minimum to allow more club racing as they were struggling for numbers.

Anyway, I've typed enough. If anyone doesn't like what I've typed feel free to pm me to chat, or I'll pm you my phone number, and I'll enjoy getting some more shit thrown at me......

G
Old 12-02-2009
Lee-Mag

I'll save you the hassle here is G's mobile number

07951 274 378

Have fun

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Right, time to clear a few things up......

Nick, it was my opinion, am I not allowed that? As I said I was not trying to piss you off, just give you a heads up on what others have said to me - i.e. trying to help.

Indoor Regionals

The Bury venue was discussed at the CONSORTIUM meeting, and the CONSORTIUM decided that there were enough rounds without us visiting you. I'm not sure if you guys had run a meeting then (I don't think you had), so the CONSORTIUM were probably reluctant to give a somewhat 'unknown quantity' an important event. I hope you can understand that? As you know, I came across to race and look at your facility the other week so now I know (and a couple of others on the consortium) what it is like. Perhaps the decision will be different next time. So..... hopefully you see that who gets a meeting is not just up to me, I'm just the face that gets all the shit thrown at him. I'm sorry, perhaps after the meeting I should have said, thanks, but no thanks.......

The dates for our regionals have been published for some time, people who are doing the series have them noted. The individual clubs normally start a thread about their venue, rules, opening times, directions etc a few weeks before. This seems to work, no need to pimp them any more.

Woody, I respect what you are saying, I don't want to see any clubs fail, but as Nick says the hall costs money, you guys need to pay for it. I just want us to all play nice together. But you must understand as NE rep it was sort of my duty to point out the Regional. I'm sure Batley aren't doing too good at the moment (people or money wise), so it is surely in both clubs interests to make their meetings a success?

Nick, the regional on the 8th is at batley

I said the the Worksop guys last summer that I thought they had too many rounds (MY opinion, and not the BRCA's, NE or anyone elses, I told Ralph to his face). My concern was fitting everything else in around them, and not pissing anyone else off. Then Bury comes along with a great new venue that they want to use with another large series. Once we fit in Regionals around them there isn't a lot of room left for other clubs to do something or people to have a life/family outside racing. We had exactly the same last year with the outdoor regionals. I had at least one club ask us to keep the number of WEEKENDS (not rounds ) to a minimum to allow more club racing as they were struggling for numbers.

Anyway, I've typed enough. If anyone doesn't like what I've typed feel free to pm me to chat, or I'll pm you my phone number, and I'll enjoy getting some more shit thrown at me......

G
All taken on board.. and see where your coming from, i just feel that your post was bit harsh with your words...

I have been out of the rc scene for about 15 years and got back into it July 2008.. I was so disapointed to see feeble turnouts at the outside venue so have been on the case to turn this around.. I found the indoor venue we have by chance when i went to visit another possible on my list, the chap i spoke to was the area manager and said i might have just the place.. this is where we are today..

The idea of the indoor venue was to encourage more racers locally which we have a fair amount.. get them back into racing and keep them interested over the winter ready for the outdoor season to begin and get numbers up for Goshen over the spring summer.. If people dont bother turning up when Roger does.. why bother? Hopefully the way things are now numbers will be up at Goshen.. and the club will go from strength to strength

Lets work together to keep all clubs alive and lets join together for a good regional series (indoor 2009/2010)

WHat we as club decided at a meeting at the end of last summer.. was to calender date club meets and concentrate on regionals.. Bury would join a few different regions..

Incidently how come nobody let the club know about the consortiums decision...

Like i said above pencil us in for 2009/2010 indoor series.. how about us joining in for the summer series?

Cheers

Nick
Old 12-02-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
All taken on board.. and see where your coming from, i just feel that your post was bit harsh with your words...

Incidently how come nobody let the club know about the consortiums decision...

Like i said above pencil us in for 2009/2010 indoor series.. how about us joining in for the summer series?

Cheers

Nick
No problem, it was not meant to be harsh, it was meant as a heads up - people tell me stuff sometimes instead of who they should..... again, I end up been the bad guy **EDIT** plus it was typed just after a shit drive home in the snow

As I said, that was probably my fault, but we'd just had a small child, so time was tight for me.

Talk to Woody about your last point

G

Last edited by Northy; 12-02-2009 at 10:39 PM.